Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: pc for 5 boxing

Since you did the research, this makes my reply much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    Intel 6 Core i7-5820K $459 - the 5930k is more expensive, is there much of a difference at all between those 2, will i tmake a huge difference to me, or slight or not really ?
    No difference unless you expect to be plugging a lot of expansion cards (GPUs, raid cards, sound cards, etc) into the PCIe slots.

Graphics card $400-$600 or there abouts. I was looking at lynherts he mentioned a gtx ti, I see a 3g GTX 780 ti and some others higher or lower numbers beside them, what do I actually need, benefit me the most, for around my price.
    Right now, the sweet spot is the GTX 970 which should be about $500 AUD. The next step up is obviously the GTX 980 which looks to be about 50% more expensive, but it doesn't come with 50% more performance over the 970.

motherboard Ausrock X99 Extreme 4 $290 or Extreme 3, does it matter much ? I saw some others way way more expensive not sure if it will benefit me in anyway more, I do not plan too sli etc :/
    If you never plan for SLI, then the Extreme3 looks to be just fine. Otherwise, you'll want the Extreme4.

case totally love this, hope m/b fits ? http://www.thermaltake.com.au/produc...?id=C_00002143
    The motherboard will fit just fine.

cpu cooler ?
    An all-in-one (AIO) water cooling solution would probably be your best bet, and the case you've chosen even states that it's fully compatible with one:
    Enables user to build a complete high-end solution including a 240mm radiator liquid cooling system
    You might be able to get away with a 120mm cooler, but you'll probably want something like a Corsair H105.

psu ? - noidea, actually how is it even worked out in what watt you need ? 700watt ?
    I normally just look at how much system-wide power is recommended for the GPU and then tack on 100-200W. Assuming you go with the GTX 970, it calls for 500W system-wide; so, 750-850W should be more than enough.

Samsung 840 EVO 500g SSD $259
    If you're going with the EVO, then check for a firmware update for the drive when you get the system up and running. You may not need the update, but Samsung's Magician software will check that for you.

ram ? 16 gig, DDR4 - 2133 $319
    You'll want to go with 4x4GB rather than 2x8GB so you can take advantage of HW-E's quad-channel memory. If you want to upgrade and increase the amount of RAM in the future, you will most likely be limited to only being able to install another 4x4GB for a total of 32GB.

---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    The next time I replace my case I'm going to get one like MiRai's that has vertically mounted cards. That makes so much sense.
    what case is it ?
    It's a Silverstone FT02B-W. You can see it up close in either of my build videos (01 / 02).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thank You very much Mirai, for your responses, appreciate it.

I ordered my mother board, as extreme 4/cpu water cooler as suggested by you/case and a rom.

Rest of the parts are all bought as bulk middle of next month.... waaaaa the waiting !! Actually I think it is exactly 1 week AFTER Wod has gone live!
    Either way, exciting and thrilling and cannot wait to be able too run my x5 properly once again.
    Even though at the moment I think I have only 1-2 accounts active until just before WoD as I have been far too busy submerged in WoD Beta

Only thing I am researching and reading different things about is the Power Supply, because I think I will settle for a 750watt one, but they vary greatly in price. Any suggestions in what kind of a 750watt, or will it not really matter ?

Only thing I am researching and reading different things about is the Power Supply, because I think I will settle for a 750watt one, but they vary greatly in price. Any suggestions in what kind of a 750watt, or will it not really matter ?
    Both Seasonic and Corsair make quality PSUs.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

YaY motherboard, rom, ssd, case have arrived.
    psu tomorrow, and next week the graphics card and ram then week after its cpu and cooler and gtg !

ahh the waiting

oh I went with corsair psu as well.

woot things moved along a little faster, got the graphics card and ddr4 ram today! what a beasty looking video card.

ordering cpu and cooler probably tomorrow and will have everything too build by friday hopefully. So cannot wait.

+1 thanks guys. this post helped me a lot
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !