Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Grinding Spots in MoP

So I came back and did another RAF but only did my original 2 accounts with 2 RAF accounts. My alliance team (Paly, Hunter, Druid & Mage) is is currently at 86 (78% to 87) and I don't see dungeons as viable with one short.

I am really tired of the, phasing, story, and collection quests and am looking for some advice on spots where I can grind mobs that have better-than-average exp, I've seen some vids showing that some mobs have exp in the 60-70k range. The videos are old so i don't know if it's valid anymore and while that would be nice, anything more than 6k is fine too. Large spawn rates works as I could switch to an AOE setup.

Thanks!
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

Have you considered 'monkey runs'? You basically join stormshout brewerey through the LFD, clear up till the first boss and leave as soon as he spawns, rinse and repeat. It's imo by far the fastest way to level up provided you have decent aoe.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Have you considered 'monkey runs'? You basically join stormshout brewerey through the LFD, clear up till the first boss and leave as soon as he spawns, rinse and repeat. It's imo by far the fastest way to level up provided you have decent aoe.
    Hi Zenga,

Thanks for the tip. I don't think I can pull that off with this team the way they are geared.

I had seen that thread on monkey runs but I think I will use that strat with my horde team next. I haven't bought my WoD yet so when that time some I'll make a 90 out of the gate to PL my team through MoP content.

Back the my original question, a video someone posted showed mobs with very high exp in I think Kun-Lai Summit (white snow capped mountains with yeti filled caves). So I was hoping someone might know further details on these.

Blog Entries

"The way they are geared" is luckily not a problem!

You can buy gear for any spec for about 50g each at the vendor in pearlfin village, and then use that gear to do monkey runs with no trouble (if you get resto gear for the druid and prot for the pally). It won't be as fast as 5 toons but doable if you are really sick of questing. You could also just beg/pay a 90 to do those monkey runs for you, they take 3 minutes or so at a time with a 90 running it.

You need to InstanceTimer or similar Farmer addon to find out how fast your xp/cp rate is.

Some people grind the merman fishing village north of Nagle, but you need enough dps to get it to hyperspawn sadly other people might be doing the same. But crazy multiple hyperspawns are possible.

I would expect the monkeys to work, even if you cannot aoe them down, you should be able to grind them pull by pull.

The grubs on timeless isle are the fastest way to get xp at 85+.
    olny problem with this area is competition and pvp if you are on a pvp realm.
    Otherwise, with a group of 4 you can easily do elite or non elite cranes and turtles at 85.
    basicly non stop farming starting with grubs, then cranes in the area then turtles by ally fp all the way to horde fp..... Then back to grubs.

Thank you cmeche. My team is now 90 so I will keep this in mind as an option for my Horde team.

I run primarily dungeon teams. In 6.0.2 I've been finding that trash leading up to a boss plus the boss is 5%-6%. I had been doing just monkey runs previously, but I'm not getting the same percentage post-patch (typically 3% without the boss now).

Personally I enjoy dungeons more than grinding mobs or questing, and what I've found to make the REAL difference in leveling is to do the thing that is least objectionable to you. I'm leveling this last (5th) 5-man team to flesh out some roster changes on my primary teams before the expansion, and I just want to be through it, but doing something I enjoy rather than something I find onerous has made the leveling pass more quickly for me.

Since this is my first post I wanted to add that I have very much enjoyed reading the forums here as a resource for multi-boxing over the past year, and I look forward to joining your community as a more active participant!