Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Trying low class wormholes for the first time.

Hi all,
    I have started multiboxing doing level 4 missions and low sec anoms and ow I am looking for a change. I want to try wormholes and plan on day tripping to start with into C1's and C2's. I have four accounts at the moment with rather disparate skill sets so training into something is not going to be an issue for me.

I was thinking of three DPS and one salvager in something like Myrmidons (all on grid at once). Would that work? If not can anyone suggest something?

Thanks

Hey Tylos, you could start out doing that but the isk would be the same or lower i'd bet in a c2/c1 as doing L4s. These are easily soloed and dont really pay anything so i would suggest starting in a c3 where you can make decent ( should be better then L4 missions at least but not incursion level per character i mean ). Myrmidons would probably work nicely due to their tanking bonus and reliance on drones ( which dont use cap ). I cant really recommend day tripping since it usually takes too long to find a good c3, scan the neighbouring systems down and then run the sites to be worth doing compared to L4 missions. If you arent in it to make big $$ right away then its easier to daytrip then to move into a WH with a c3 static, but i'd still recommend joining a WH corp living in a WH since its a big part of the experience and you get to participate in wormhole PVP ( eve is a pvp game after all ).

TL;DR Start in a c3 with 3 myrms, maybe 4 and then switch one for salvager after an hour. However joining a corp like the one some of us have just started would be a better and more fullest WH experience :-)

Join the channel Oatmeal and hang out, plenty of people in there who are experienced with c3 sites, multiboxing and c3 site multiboxing.

i'd use something like this setup below for myrmidons, should be fine on tank as long as cap holds which shouldnt be too hard if you focus on killing neuts first ( not triggers ofc ).

[Myrmidon, Spider]
    Shield Power Relay II
    Shield Power Relay II
    Shield Power Relay II
    Shield Power Relay II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Large Shield Extender II

Medium Remote Capacitor Transmitter II
    [empty high slot]
    [empty high slot]
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Imperial Navy Praetor x4

c1 and c2 really aren't worth it at all.

The first sites you'll want to run are c3 sites, which can be easily soloed in a halfway decent battlecruiser.

Myrmidons are trickier due to drones, but with 3 ships on grid the sleepers might ignore your drones.

I'd suggest fitting ECM onto the Myrmidons to further draw aggro if you're going that route.

Additionally, we have a wspace corp that lives in a c4 WH with c3 and c5 statics - you'd be interested in the c3 ones.

The c5 sites are for people with more characters or SP, which gives you the chance to move up when you get more experienced.

Join the ingame channel "oatmeal" and usually some of us are around for a chat if you want more info.

Only thing is wspace is, naturally, rather dangerous.

While everyone has to PVE to make isk for plex, being able to defend your system is a huge thing in wspace, so pvp is required(and tbh, a focus - it's very fun to do).

Hi both,
    Thanks for the replys. I found a C1 on the test server and ran that with 3 Myrms. Went well no drone losses was wayyyy over tanked ;P, was able to clear the sites in ~5 mins.

Now to finish the skills and try it on TQ I guess.

I was aware about the danger or W space but that is half the fun imho - no local - I agree that PvP is fun, I have a -10 pirate alt that fights Shadow Cartel, PL, BL on a regular basis. Part of wanting to try Wormholes is for the PvP as well as the isk.

Your new corp, is that active during the EU TZ or just the US TZ's?

we have 2 EU multiboxers so far and so far 2 americans ( 1 being lords ) also play in EU time ( starts logging in around afternoon ). Still waiting on a few more who are getting ready to join up/considering, some of those live in EU i believe.

C1s are super easy, c3 are a good bit tougher with anoms peaking at about 500-600 dps with a neut ship or two, but with 3 myrms it shouldnt be too much of a problem to kill the dps fast enough to avoid having to warp out.

If you can stuff the characters into w-space and not need them in k-space on short notice, I'd just join the corp, but that's just me.