Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default ISboxer for Eve Online: Begginer and Advanced Setup

Figured i'd do a guide for those who want to better utilize isboxer, i'm going to explain how to create This setup.

Hmm where to start...

Client Setup:Innerspace

Things you will Need

1. Active Eve Online Client
    2. Active ISboxer Subscription
    3. Backup of your current Eve and Isboxer settings

Ok lets start with starting your client using Innerspace.

• Start Innerspace and let it update if needed
    • Right click the Innerspace icon located in the bottom right of your desktop screen(By default)

• Select Eve Online from the Game drop down menu, Then open the Drop down for EVE Online Default Profile

• Next navigate to the Configuration Tab, You will see a list of input boxes. The only ones we care about right now are Main Executable Path and Main Executable Path.

• The Main Executable Filename is the location of the main .exe file for eve it lets you bypass the launcher and open multiple windows at once instead of logging in with launcher then logging in with each account one by one.
    • The Main Executable Path is telling ISboxer/Innerspace where the evefile.exe is located on YOUR computer. Normally C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE\Bin on Windows 7 and Vista.

That's it for Innerspace setup, now to the ISboxer Toolkit

Team Setup:ISboxer Toolkit

Things you will need:

1. ISboxer Toolkit
    2. Names or Identifers for your Mutliboxing team members
    3. Name for your Multiboxing Team('s)

• Ok once you have opened ISboxer Tookit select Wizards at the top, then select Quick Setup Wizard.

• Follow the steps in the Wizard until You Reach the Region Layout setup portion. For EVE I use Stacked full screen on one Display/monitor. This keeps my second screen open for a web browser or scout.

• When your Reach the performance setup choose the Framerate for your active and hidden game windows, I use Round Robin for a CPU strategy. On the next screen choose base or minimal for key maps, we'll cover those later.

Hopefully by now you have a Team of Character setup and are able to launch the team using Innerspace. Next we'll cover Key Maps, Action Target Groups and Click Bars.
    Last edited by TheHamburglar : 09-30-2014 at 02:00 AM Reason: Things
    Currently Playing: Spreadsheets Online
    Checkout Eve Online
    Links to Eve Online Multiboxing Info Dual-Boxing.com, Isboxer, /r/Eve and /r/Evemultiboxing

Action Target Groups

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Target_Group

Ok lets get this out of the way First.

What is an Action Target group?

• An Action Target Group allows you to group all your DPS or all Your Logi characters into a group or mini team
    • When you put characters in an Action Target Group you can configure broadcasts to broadcast only to your DPS group or to ignore your DPS and only pass Mouse Repeating to your logi Characters ect, ect.

Creating an ATG is easy enough, Right click on Action Target Group in ISboxer. Create new ATG, name it then drag and drop characters from your character list into the newly created list.

Now when we start making Key maps and creating repeater regions we can assign them to a specific group instaed of all the characters at once.

Keymaps

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Key_Map

Ok so i'm going to assume that you know what a key map is and you know at least how to make them if not you can follow the link above its a quick little guide.

• I'm going to cover some of the more advanced aspects of them in this Section.
      • Keymaps for Clickbars
      • Keymaps for Loading Videofx and Repeater Regions
      • Keymaps, Keymaps, Keymaps

Here is one set of keymaps I use for Eve Online.
    Keymaps 1.PNG

Most of them are pretty straight forward, My keymaps to turn Key and Mouse broadcasting on and off, Alt and Ctrl keymaps for each of the module slots. Some of them go to a specific Action target Group some go to my logi only. You'll have to figure out what you want mapped to which characters.

One important thing though if you use modifiers like shift or alt for your keymaps is to have "Hold any Keystroke Action while Hotkey is Held" turned on, its set to off by default. Its something with eve that Modifiers don't work correctly if its not on.
    Keymaps Makes sure this is on.PNG
    Broadcast and Leader Keymaps for Click Bars

Ok now we get to the tedious parts. So to save ourselves from using 10-20 Keybinding's to switch between characters and have them load the Leader setup we will use Keymaps, Click Bars and our mouse to change leaders or broadcast for Remote Repair.

• Ok here you can see that for this character I have it setup so that when I press the corresponding click bar button it:

1. Loads a VideoFX saved as "Leader" on the Character Thehamburglar

• Here you can see for the Second Action it loads:

1. The Repeater Region Named "Leader1"

• Quick Note, While you can have one VideoFX Source used by all your characters Repeater Regions are different, you will have to rename each repeater region so its specific to that character. I use leader 1-9 for my DPS.
    • You then can load that Repeater Region to that characters screen. If you don't and try to load Repeater Region Leader 3 on Character 6 your repeater region will load on Character 3 not Character 6.

• Then for the rest of the Action Steps it loads "Auto" for all Characters except the one set as Leader.

EDIT: You'll need to also add a Focus Action, Its under Actions>Window>New Window Focus Action. Select Current Computer then Slot then add the number for the specific IS Window
    How to quickly Copy your Videofx and Repeater Regions

So before we get too far i'm going to assume that you have read the guides at ISBoxer.com, if there is still demand for me to make a guide i'll do so but for now:

1. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX
    2. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Repeater_Region
    3. http://isboxer.com/wiki/DxNothing

Instead of trying to get all your settings on all your characters to load up we can just copy from the character we have setup to our liking. Mostly we will copy and paste with some changes for each characters.

• For Windows 7 and Windows Vista navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts, or where ever you installed ISboxer/Innerspace
    • Here you can see a list of all the settings for your VideoFX, Repeater Regions, Click Bars ect.Attachment 1311
    • Ok after you have a toon with your Leader and Auto VideoFX Sources setup find that toon in the list of files. Right Click the file and choose EDIT or Open>Notepad. You'll get something like this:

• If yours does not look like this your either did not save your VideoFX settings in the ISboxer Control Panel(Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G by default) or your are looking at the wrong file.

You'll notice that I have all my VideoFX Feed sources Labeled as "2Module Slot 1" or "2Overview" the "2" designates that character instead of typing out the long name of each character I just use number to identify that character, I use the same numbers for the repeater Regions.

VideoFX

How to copy the settings to your other Characters

1. Copy the whole text(Ctrl+C)
    2. Find the character you want to copy to in the script list then Paste
    3. Go line by line and change the Number 2 to what ever designation the character your coping to is. So change the 2 to a 5 for character 5 ect.
    4. Once done Click File>Save
    5. Repeat for Each additional Character.

Here is the Repeater Region Script for Character 2:
    Repeater region Script.PNG

• Yep thats the only Repeater region I use on a character window, the other repeaters are on the DXnothing windows and the rest is done with keybinds. I have the "Set Name" as "Leader2" due to a "Feature" of isboxer. Like I explained earlier your have to rename each repeater region so it is unique to that character.

Repeater Region

Here is how to copy Repeater Region Settings

1. Right click Edit or Open with Notepad the Script named "ISBoxer.Regions.YOURTEAM.Name of Character" that you want to copy. Copy the Entire notepad text.
    2. Then open the Script file of the character that you want to copy the Repeater region settings to.
    3. Paste the Previously copied text and change the Number again so it corresponds to the character your copying to.
    4. Save then Repeat on each character changing the number Leader2 to Leader3 or Leader4 Ect
    Last edited by TheHamburglar : 10-08-2014 at 08:18 PM
    Checkout Eve Online
    Links to Eve Online Multiboxing Info Dual-Boxing.com, Isboxer, /r/Eve and /r/Evemultiboxing

Default Click bars and DXnothing

Click Bars and DXnothing Setup

Creating Your Click Bars

• Creating a Click Bar is fairly straight forward, Navigate to Click Bars in ISBoxer Toolkit

• Right Click and create a new Click Bar
    • You'll end up with something like this

• Navigate to Buttons, Here you will see what your Click Bar framework will look like. For our purposes we won't need any images or text. You can add them if you want but for this click bar they are not needed.

• Grid Rows and Cols(Columns) should be self explanatory, when you make changes to the rows and columns you might need move away to characters in the list and back to buttons to see the changes.
    • You can name your Button here, change or add an image, or add text. Uncheck the image box for now.

• I only use my DPS characters for this Overview Click Bar, I have a separate one for Support Characters and Logi. The reason being its too hard to run DPS while trying to use the logi as a Leader.

• Ok once you have your Click Bar Grid setup and you have it to the desired size we can then start adding functions to the buttons.

• To make functions for your Click Bar click on the Button you want to setup on the Grid, Once highlighted using Mouse clicks and Modifiers(Ctrl, Shift, Alt) you'll create Functions mapped so that when you click on that click bar using that comination it will perform a fuction.
    • For our current purpose we will just use Left Click and Right Click with no modifiers.
    • Click on the < button on one of the two Functions, Then we can set the function.

• Ok this is the window that will pop up, Choose the Character, Character Action Group or Window you want the function to interact with. Were just using a single character per Click Button. Use the Broadcast and Set Leader Keymaps we made earlier.
    • Once you have all your DPS characters setup with their own button for Broadcast(Armor or Sheild) and to Set Leader we can move on to Setting up the DXnothing Window.

Last edited by TheHamburglar : 10-08-2014 at 07:47 PM
    Checkout Eve Online

Reserved for Part 4
    Checkout Eve Online

I might need a part 5, might as well claim it now.
    Checkout Eve Online

I'm looking forward to seeing this finished. Thanks for all the hard work in advance!

This is awesome. Fully detailed from start to finish with screen shots. Now that I have 12 toons in training isboxer was the next step. I'll be checking back for sure to follow the steps needed. Keep up the good work.

Telling people to add EVE via Inner Space's configuration menu can be incredibly confusing. Why not just tell people to use "Add Game" from the right-click menu (one option above Configuration) and point Inner Space at the executable file?

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Add_a_Game

EDIT: There's even an entry on the ISBoxer Wiki that we usually direct everyone to as well:
    http://isboxer.com/wiki/EVE:Quick_Start_Guide

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the guide you're creating isn't welcome, it's just that I can't tell you how many times over the years someone has come into the ISBoxer chat room or forum talking about how they watched or read some other guide which told them something different than the main quick start guide from the "official" documentation written by Lax.
    Last edited by MiRai : 09-30-2014 at 02:26 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I am interested when we get to click bars for EVE. Additionally, I need to tweak mine to have my DXnothing window on the left monitor, it gets buried in the stack of windows on the right.

Keep plugging away, never enough guides but I did use the ISboxer how to set up EVE by Joeboxer or what ever is on the ISBoxer window for that part.

I'm hoping to have most of this finished up tonight or tomorrow, then I'll go through and fix any issues
    Checkout Eve Online