Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Wizards 2.1

Default Wizards 2.1

Taken from the 2.1 thread:

A quick video doing T6 normal Rift 4x wizards using Firebird's 6 piece set.

All are running this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...SO!Zhgb!YcaYZc

No Illusionist for now until I get all with roughly the same toughness to add Unity rings. DPS is pretty bad with the exception of my main, but as u can see, everything melts pretty fast, including elites and the Rift Guardian. Of course, T6 is a joke now, so it's not the best reference, but still, worth testing for now. My main has a godly Furnance, #2 and #3 decent Sunkeepers and #4 a junk Sunkeeper. Jewelry sucks as well since I had to use dex/str for now.

Low difficulty is not a problem but the lack of CC will eventually be a huge issue in Greater Rifts. I'll have to figure out something once I get there.

After some testing, I figure out a way to CC without stopping much. Well, the only thing I can say is that I wasn't expecting this AT ALL. Sure Wizards can deal very good damage, but I thought I was not gonna do better than my DHs ... WRONG. I found a good way to CC and still beat the timer. Funny thing is only my main has very good gear. The other 3 wizards have pretty low DPS and kinda low toughness. The Unity idea worked pretty good. I mainly died cause of lag. Seems like 4 wizards casting Apocalypse lags me to death

Anyway, here are 2 videos showing a very simple build for 4x Wizards in Greater Rifts.

Got lucky at the end with a Conduit pylon but didn't wanna use it.

All are running this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#liQNgO!Zhgd!YcYYZc

with the exception of the last wizard which uses Elemental Exposure instead of Dominance. I'm pretty sure I can push it to 40+ if I get good gear for all of them.

It makes me sad that even my best geared character can't do above 33 solo and you are wrecking 37 with 4 guys to watch out for 😞

Slightly off topic, but these videos convinced me to dust off my wizards. Totally awesome. I'm thinking about incorporating a wd though. Did you ever do that? I remember a post speculating about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    It makes me sad that even my best geared character can't do above 33 solo and you are wrecking 37 with 4 guys to watch out for ������
    IMO, this combo is the best for multiboxing GR. At least that I've tried. Crusaders sound amazing on paper but Stampede is a very frustrating skill with tons of limitations, not to mention u rely completely on CDR. U depend a lot on your party buffs that cycle in round robin and if 1 Crusader dies, u will either have less toughness or no wrath to spend. U also need that 100% Akarat's Champion uptime. Waller affix makes playing this combo a total nightmare. Too many single points of failure that can easily get all 4 chars dead. Still best option for bounties and keywarden farming, but not really for GR.

Wizards are a lot more flexible. Sure they don't have that huge toughness, but they don't really need 40m+ to survive. They can receive, not 1 but 2 times, fatal damage. They also have an amazing escape mechanism (teleport), that's not restricted by walls and resets constantly when u receive high damage. U can attack and just keep running while mobs die while u are already attacking more mobs. Slowtime pretty much renders all ranged attacks harmless to your party. Wizards also benefit from Strongarms stacking. While not as good as Crusaders, it does quite a lot of damage. From my GR38 video, I could see these obscene DoTs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap2.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1274Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap3.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1275Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap4.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1276

Wonder why Elites were melting.

I did try the Tiki WD, but not fully and not to this level. I might give it another try, but the problem I see is u will put all your eggs in 1 basket. That WD dies, and u are doomed. Also, Electric is a big problem and if u get Electric + Knockback, it can get nasty. With Tiki WD, u need to be very close and that's very dangerous. 1 mistake and its a full party wipe. I rather stay far from the target, teleporting around. Sure u can still have teleport but sync will be a problem. At higher GR, anything can kill u and not having that long range advantage can easily wipe your whole party. I think Tiki WD works until GR36 or so, but beyond that, is far to easy to die with it.

If I go with Tiki, I would replace Slowtime with Force Weapon and Teleport with Familiar or Meteor Molten Impact.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-29-2014 at 04:50 PM

Yes!! I feel like my tin foil hat can finally come off, those numbers are INSANE. Love them strongarm bracers.

Do you round robin Black Hole or just do it all at once?
    Last edited by Ellay : 09-29-2014 at 05:13 PM
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Round Robin each for higher CC, that way I have it always off cooldown. Trash doesn't need much damage to die, but they hurt, so I really need Blackhole available always. For elites I try to chain them fast to stack as much debuff as I can. For the RG I spam it all at once to proc the Firebird infinite DoT for all chars.

Also, the huge benefit of having 4 Blackholes to chain them is that u can have your 4 Hydras attacking the exact same spot and the target wont move for a few seconds. That's huge in terms of damage. Mammoth Hydra misses all the time when the target keeps moving, but with Blackhole, mobs take the full damage from all your spells and proc the infinite DoT very fast. The bubbles also help lock your targets in place so they keep getting hit by your spells and also proc Bane of the Trapped.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-29-2014 at 05:49 PM

Very nice, I'm hitting 2 billion with my jade doc, but its a good 6 seconds between blasts.

Quick tip: Don't bother with 2H weapons unless it's The Furnace, not even a godly Maximus. A decent Sunkeeper + Firebird's Eye + Magefist will do more damage to Elites than any 2H with the only exception of The Furnace. Trash melts anyway, so who cares if u do more damage to trash. Also, don't go with Cindercoat. Magefist is a better option since u get 1 more attribute and u dont lose toughness.

Did a few tests and nothing but a Furnace beats Sunkeeper + Firebird's Eye + Magefist. A bad Furnace will beat this combo anytime.

Devile,

Where are the clones coming from?
    You don't seem to have that skill equipped, unless it is that particular rune for Teleport, though you indicated you were using Safe Passage.

Sunkeeper and fb eye would seen to give more options for the rest of your gear anyway. Any other legendaries or sets you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk