Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Wizards 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by djeayzonne View Post
    Devile,

Where are the clones coming from?
    You don't seem to have that skill equipped, unless it is that particular rune for Teleport, though you indicated you were using Safe Passage.
    Clones come from Wizard #4 that is using a Haunt of Vaxo. Wasn't planned, it's just the only amulet with socket I had . I haven't tested if it adds up to Elemental Exposure yet, tho the proc rate is low anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishar View Post
    Sunkeeper and fb eye would seen to give more options for the rest of your gear anyway. Any other legendaries or sets you use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    No sets besides Firebird's. This is what I use:

Main
    Weapon: The Furnace
    Offhand:
    Helm: Firebird's
    Chest: Firebird's
    Gloves: Firebird's
    Pants: Firebird's
    Boots: Firebird's
    Bracers: Strongarms
    Belt: Witching Hour
    Amulet: Random with INT, CC, CD and socket
    Ring1: Fire SoJ with INT and socket
    Ring2: Unity with CC and socket

Others
    Weapon: Sunkeeper with INT, 10% damage and used Ramaladni's gift to add a socket for 130% CD.
    Offhand: Firebird's
    Helm: Firebird's
    Chest: Firebird's
    Gloves: Firebird's
    Pants: Firebird's
    Boots: Firebird's
    Bracers: Strongarms
    Belt: String of Ears
    Amulet: Random with INT, CC, CD and socket
    Ring1: Fire SoJ with INT and socket
    Ring2: Unity with CC and socket

Gems are:
    Bane of the Trapped
    Zei's Stone of Vengeance
    Bane of the Powerful

Only 1 wizard runs with the Toxin gem instead of Bane of the Powerful.

Gameplay is fairly simple as u saw in the videos. The key to make the most of your damage is applying your debuffs BEFORE u apply your Firebird's DoT. Firebird's DoT snapshots, so its VERY important u debuff BEFORE u attack. With all the action, sometimes I mess up, but I try to get used to this order. All said, u want to:

1. Cast Slow Time on your target or Teleport close so your clones cast it, this will slow them and proc Bane of the Trapped. The Time and Space rune lets u target the bubble. Point of No Return was the best rune cause of the stun but with the last patch, the bubbles casted by the clones do not stun. Same goes for BlackHole that is all for show, it doesn't pull enemies.
    2. Cast BlackHole to apply the Strongarms debuff. For Elites u can chain several BlackHoles to apply a higher debuff.
    3. Cast Blizzard Apocalypse.
    4. Cast Hydra.
    5. Watch them burn!

It's kinda hard to follow this order in the middle of the fight, avoiding damage, teleporting, etc. but u get the idea. 1 and 2 can be done in different order, but its important they are before 3 and 4. That will apply the highest damage to your target. For RG, spam all 4 blackholes so the explosions add up and u get the Firebird's infinite DoT fast.

Latest patch added a visual effect on top of targets whenever the infinite DoT is applied.

It's not easy to notice when there's a lot of action, but u really need to make sure it's there for Rift Guardians. Remember this effect starts when u apply 3000% damage in less than 3 secs, so u need to cast all your debuffs then your 2 attacks and it will trigger the infinite DoT.
    Last edited by Devile : 10-01-2014 at 11:13 AM

Trying to gear up for the Firebirds.. getting there slowly but surely - is there a decent build to use while working on it? I'm stuck at T2/3 without the bonus on any of the characters using the same method, the damage is terrible with that dot :P
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I am just using my existing frozen orb spec but I'm fairly certain that it is not remotely optimal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It's all about the items u have. If u have a Mirrorball u can go Magic Missile + Conflagrate, if not, u can try Arcane Torrent. The Tal Rash set does a fairly decent damage. If not, go with Asheara's + Aughild's + anything and u will get decent CC and survivability. Asheara's procs like crazy with Magic Missile and makes things really easy. Be sure to have 1 Wizard with a Thunderfury with another element rolled (cold, fire or arcane, different from your main attack) so that it has 15%+ debuff from Elemental Exposure. That should work until u get Firebird's.

Public service announcement: Efficacious Toxin stacks, use 4 of them!

Tested by equipping only starting weap (2-3 damage) on all 4 characters. Then you can equip each amulet 1 by 1 and notice that p1's damage increases for each additional toxin gem.

?!?!?! that's awesome,!!!!!!

Also I've been using Teleport - Fracture, with Slow Time equipped it floods the screen with Slow Time Bubbles and the cooldown is 6-7 seconds depending on your CDR, it's an amazing CC move and makes it easy to help on defense. Plus the extra bodies deflect some of the damage and it doesn't cause you to desync like mirror image does.
    So I swapped two of them to the 10% increased damage so the bubbles are more spread out.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

mmm ... will have to test that cause it goes against what plenty of ppl said about Toxin gem. Maybe it was changed in 2.1.1?

Doing season with 4 Wizards, campaign from lvl1. Wanna see if I can get more Furnaces here :P

I really should do the season thing, but I'm too lazy to level up again. This is why I only have one of each class; though I think it would be nice to have duplicates so that I can have completely separate toons for various teams, rather than ending up with their gear taking up space in the stash 'just in case.' But if I can't stomach the half day investment it takes to powerlevel up 4 characters from level 1; I can't imagine I'd manage to do it the slow way in season.

The fact that the only permanent benefit to doing so is a special transmogrification doesn't help to motivate me.

Anyone US side and Seasons ever need a pl hit me up I am more then welcome to help out ... was thinking about starting up a team Wiz but it's hard to beat the DH team atm.Watching all these vids and what not really make me want a team but think gearing them right now makes me cringe almost lol