Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Star Trek: Online - Performance Issues

So I decided to take a break from WoW, and special projects to try and get into a game that I really wanted to try. I played STO a bit during its beta and decided that I didn't really want to switch from WoW to it, but I have a bit of a hankering to try and multibox it - and I'm a huge Star Trek fan and I haven't had my fix for a while.

Anyhow - I downloaded, installed, made an account, made a character, logged in, and saw this.

Haven't really been able to find an answer online, and I can't post in their forums because I have a new account. So, thoughts? This is with all graphic settings on super low.

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.7 ghz
    16 gb ram
    Radeon 7850 @ 1024 gpu and 1450 memory clocks
    Windows 7
    SSD
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

So, the weird performance issues are apparently something that only happens outside of missions (so far) So that's good. Having issues getting multiple accounts connected, but posted on the isboxer forums. Also - posting on multiple forums is the poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    So, the weird performance issues are apparently something that only happens outside of missions (so far) So that's good. Having issues getting multiple accounts connected, but posted on the isboxer forums. Also - posting on multiple forums is the poop.
    Yeah, I was kinda wondering why you're posting on both isboxer.com and dual-boxing.com as well as my youtube channel and my STO video. This could all be discussed in this here thread, or in a thread in the STO forum on isboxer.com for that matter. But one place is perfectly fine...

Are you actually launching this game through Steam? I've only ever tested STO without it.

Or are you launching the game client directly, or using the game's launcher? If you're launching it directly, try using the launcher?
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    as well as my youtube channel
    You're Joe the Multiboxer? Makes sense! I thought Joe the Multiboxer was just someone that really likes isboxer. I frequently don't read things, or look past the moving pictures sometimes.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering why you're posting on both isboxer.com and dual-boxing.com
    There seem to be more users active here, but isboxer forums are more specialized towards isboxer stuff. (in my brains)

Are you actually launching this game through Steam?
    This was the first thing I did after I finished the tutorial missionsX5, didn't work for multiple clients.

Or are you launching the game client directly
    Tried this next, same result.

or using the game's launcher?
    Same

I've tested steam,launcher, and the .exe with seperate innerspace profiles launching 1 client for each test.

It just gets to this screen lets me type in my stuff, and then times out with these results.

So, dunno - I've definitely reached my technical limits.

Yup, tried different combos all day - still no joy. Sad face