Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Multiboxers Taking Over?

I don't expect a lot of replies to this but I may be wrong.

What if all of the multiboxing community in Eve join under one Corp/Alliance and take over our own piece of the pie in nullsec? Even better what if we joined together to be one strong entity in WH space?

Would this even be plausible or is this something that just wouldn't make a dent into the power blocks?

We can make more isk, pull more numbers and we would be very efficient at it.

RnK pipe bombing, bomber runs, mass interceptor fleets, RR fleets and possibly Archon Brick Walls. You can imagine that just 3 people could field say 30 ships. What if you had 50 multiboxers with 10 ships each?

The thing about EVE is, no matter how big or bad or many your group becomes, there will always be someone out there plotting to take you down. And with the right marketing, they'll manage it, too.

[edit] That's not to say getting a bunch of like-minded people on at the same time and being a terror to some other entity isn't a fun idea.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I'm actually gonna be trying to do just this.

I want to start a multiboxing only/majority corp in wspace.

We can do some amazing stuff if we all coordinate. Once we're skilled up, we'd be feared by all.

If anyone wants to start organizing this, hop into channel "Oatmeal."

I have a corp, and if we can get a WH we could start with basic c3 sites for the newer guys, and c5 sites for both pvp and for PVE for the higher SP guys.

How many people want to do this?

We can be very active even in small groups if at least someone else is online.

This is plausible for wormhole, but for nullsec, it is not.
    the reason is that as a member of a fairly large coalition myself, when i get pings for fleets, there are instantly 150-250 people online for fleets. no matter what kind of multiboxers we have, we cannot get that kind of coverage. and if we were to have 1 or 2 people out for the weekend for irl stuff, that would mean not 1 or 2 pilots in fleet, it would be even more crippling at 10-20 even upt o 40 people missing in a fleet.

so the cons kind of outweight the pros for nullsec. for wormhole however, simply being able to get a homedefense fleet of 10-20 instantly is pretty impressive and can definitely help. the reason is due to wh collapsing mechanics that limit the size of invading fleets.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    This is plausible for wormhole, but for nullsec, it is not.
    the reason is that as a member of a fairly large coalition myself, when i get pings for fleets, there are instantly 150-250 people online for fleets. no matter what kind of multiboxers we have, we cannot get that kind of coverage. and if we were to have 1 or 2 people out for the weekend for irl stuff, that would mean not 1 or 2 pilots in fleet, it would be even more crippling at 10-20 even upt o 40 people missing in a fleet.

so the cons kind of outweight the pros for nullsec. for wormhole however, simply being able to get a homedefense fleet of 10-20 instantly is pretty impressive and can definitely help. the reason is due to wh collapsing mechanics that limit the size of invading fleets.
    Eh, I think if we could get the kind of numbers a small nullsec alliance has, but in multiboxers we could do things in nullsec.

You look at groups like PL or NCdot who are considered "1337" - they earned that reputation years ago (god knows neither of those groups are at all elite now, just a slightly higher SP and less blobbier goonswarm tbh, almost every one of the original PL/NCdot guys left or stopped playing years ago) by simply having people in fleet flying perfectly doctrine fit ships, shooting the primary, and following FC's orders.

With multiboxers, random people derp shooting non-primary targets is less of an issue, since we don't care about our individual characters "1337 killboard" - we have a whole bunch of characters who'd be shooting the primary.

At the same time, due to how multiboxing works, all ships being fit uniformly would enforce itself. You wouldn't have that random guy with a shitfit in fleet - all of his ships are fit identical.

Alpha fleets would be incredibly effective - we'd have large chunks of alpha coordinated well, and instead of coordinating 100 different people, we'd only need 10 people to focus and fire at the countdown. There is a very solid cap on subcap EHP, and likewise for caps etc etc.

You've seen groups like BL fielding ~100 Maelstroms and blapping at slowcats. A multiboxer fleet could definitely do that.

Also, you look at groups like NCdot and PL who pull out something in the range of 100 supercarriers for an all hands on dick srsbsns op.

Multiboxers? If each multiboxer could field 5 supers, we'd end up with 50 of them with only 10 real people.

Even better, would be if CCP fixed dreads in high TiDi stuff and/or properly rebuffed titans and removed their DD. Dropping massed dreads onto things would be incredibly efficient with multiboxers.

I definitely think a multiboxer group could do nullsec, but that would require a lot of multiboxer (pvp at that) numbers, in addition to a serious commitment to the horrific shitty TiDi grind that a lot of nullsec is these days - which I know I personally think is terrible, and I can't imagine a lot of multiboxers being interested in the tidi lag experience x10 or however many accounts - not to mention extreme TiDi fucks up all sorts of stuff, likely leading to desynchronization.

tl;dr for nullsec - Technically-yes, likely/feasible-no.

I think a better place for multiboxers would be wspace. Get a solid group up, make money, get SP, and perhaps branch out into losec/nullsec on occasion solely for more midscale pew.

If we could get a multiboxer group that could consistently field 100 guys, there's some absolutely awesome stuff we could do - just focus on the fun fights of the game, rather than terrible TiDi fests that would go with dealing with nullsec. With a decent number of multiboxers we could easily brawl with groups like BL, or Brave Newbies, Provibloc, etc etc. Plenty of fun fights to be had without going into the insane tidi grind of 2k+ fleet fights.

Nullsec and sov are entirely useless to a multiboxer except to build supers(or get those respawning belts for multiboxed mining fleets). You can make more isk in all sorts of different areas of the game, and there's plenty of pvp that doesn't involve sov for a mid sized multiboxer group to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

pretty much my version was the tldr :P

i find that most of the multiboxers i run into in eve are carebears. and i dont mean that to be offensive, but that most people who multibox get into it to fund their accounts. hence i see that a majority of the people who multibox get into it to do incursions , mine, or run anoms and only pvp when they need to defend their space from roams and such, rarely if ever actually going out to find fights. simply waiting for fights to come to them.

i find that this would be the main reason that it would be difficult / damn near impossible to get enough people together to run constant fleets to defend null.

as fun as this option seems, i dont feel like there would be enough traction to really get this going for me to leave my cushy content home with NC.

being able to have access to srp, cheap supers and plenty of null and a giant jump bridge / cyno beacon network that I dont have to field logistics for? tyvm.

also with the vocal minority bitching about ISboxer lately, i feel like getting a group of us together and showing exactly how powerful we can get would only draw more unwanted attention.

maybe im just being pessimistic.

I think part of the reason there's very few pvping multiboxers out there is because we have no group.

There's lots of multiboxer hate, and very few groups understand how we do things.

Renter/bearing groups are generally laid back, being cool with w/e, and thus multiboxers get into those groups more.

If we can get a multiboxer group together for the express purpose of pvp (obviously everyone has to pay for their accounts, but that shouldn't stop you from pvping if you make isk very quickly/efficiently) and learn what works and what doesn't, it'll help a ton.

Learning to pvp in eve can be challenging - learning to multibox in eve can be challenging. There currently really isn't much overlap or any existing framework/guides/teachers for that.

Get a group together, get some multiboxing pvp culture out there, and I think we'd see more boxers choosing the pvp path over pveing.

Vocal minority bitching is annoying, but if we get a group and can bitch back while ALSO pointing out how we generate lots of revenue for CCP, and content for the game, I think that'd change some stuff.

Tons of multiboxers boxing incursions and adding nothing to the game? CCP might eventually nerf.

A multiboxer pvp alliance going out and generating content or even sparking the next Asakai for CCP? CCP I imagine would be fine with this.

More Money for CCP --> More User Numbers Online --> Content Generation/Stories --> Repeat

mmm some good points. i agree that the learning barrier for pvp is already fairly high in eve and add to that the added levels of complexity of multiboxing on top, and then you've got a fairly large wall most people have no desire to try and scale.

well, lets get some people together and see how much interest there is for something like this. it might be interesting to see how we could go about getting some sort of force together.

I would be interested....
    BUT. Only as an Alliance. That way all my tunes stay under my corp.