Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Upgrading PC for Ultra settings

With new expansion approaching, i'd like to play WoW in Ultra settings. I'm usually running 5box teams, and 8box on occasions. I have i7 960 @ 3,2 GHz, Radeon HD5870, 6 GB RAM.

5 clients run fine at Low settings but when I go Medium or High i can feel PC starting to struggle, especially in crowded areas. I'd like to at least main window to run at max settings, don't care about slaves that much. Should I just buy new GFX or proccesor... or completely new rig?

Thanks in advance!

Your machine is coming up on about 5 years old, so anything you try and upgrade on it is going to be incredibly limited when compared to the performance of today's hardware.

I'm going to say that you're going to want a whole new machine, but you could always try to tough it out if your budget doesn't allow for one.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

GTX 980 seems to be a good choice atmo + i7 with 8 cores @ 3.0 GhZ or 5930K with 6 cores but @ 3,5 GhZ.

You may need more than one GTX 980 to achieve the Ultra preset x5, but yes, what you've got listed above is a good start.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology