Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Question Returning to eve multiboxing attempt Mk2

Hello,

I have been playing EVE on and off for around 2 years, in the time i've been in highsec running missions and in lowsec trying to be a pirate . I once tried to multibox 4 accounts for mining using IS boxer but that didn't last long.

I am looking to start a brand new set of chars that are designed to be used when multiboxing, however I don't know where to start. I need an idea as what to do in EVE with these chars and I need a skill plan. I've been messing with evemon, but I am trying to get a team that can earn isk and eventually plex themselves. I don't swim in money so making them as self sufficient as soon as conveniently possible is the plan.

Anyone have any ideas on skills, ships and of course what to actually do ?

Additionally if anyone knows any tips for a newbie with ISboxer. I have seen a few EVE specific set up videos and I did use it before, however this time I plan to use Dxnothing windows and all the fancy features instead of just repeat mouse clicks. Finally I plan to play EVE a few nights a week and maybe a day at the weekends, due to A-levels and homework.

Thanks Will

If you read, specifically the first 10-15 posts in the EVE forums, you will find that's about all we talk about. Fits, Ships, Tactics, Mechanics. Please browse the forum before you ask for the information we have already posted :P

I have looked at most of the threads, but I will take another look now .

EDIT: Do you guys have a set of skills that you always get trained on your alts before starting to train into specific ships ?

How do you guys raise your starting capital to eventually end up in C5's and things (not that I plan on taking them on anytime soon) ?
    Last edited by Dynamite874 : 09-21-2014 at 01:40 PM

for my alts, i remap intel mem right away. get cybernetics 5 as the first hting i do and then sit their happy ass in a skillbook seeded station for a year with +5 implants.
    do all of engineering, armor tanking and shield tanking. targeting and ewar comes right after although getting all 5 isnt 100% necessary, i tend to get 4s across the board for some if not most of the skills int hose trees.

after that its navigation. remapping to navigation is up to you. i personally dont, but i get navigation skills to 5 including jdc jfc and then everything else is gravy.

then perc willpower and go for what you want from there.

the intel mem remap should last you about 8 months or so if youre cutting corners.
    if you want to use your alts right away, this is not the training skill for you. however getting 2700sp/hr for 8 months straight is pretty damn good.

lol thats if you're growing them to sell or something, most people want to use them from day 1
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Thats one way to go, If I had a way of funding them . My main which I don't plan on using is a pirate char who is hated by more than a few empires. That along with being a student with not loads of money, got enough for a month or two for a few chars but thats it .

if youre looking to make lots of money by multiboxing, youre probably looking at this incorrectly.

making money multiboxing just amplifies whatever skills you have currently in your money making endeavor. if you make crap for money right now, youre going to make crap for money when you multibox. if youre good at making money now, youll make a crap more money when you multibox.

so your question for how to make money comes down to, how do you make money now and if you add 1x or 5x characters, will that multiply your income by 5x or will it simply be a money sink?

note that playing multicharacters increases your logistics costs. playing 1 toon, having 1 carrier will be more than enough to suticase your stuff all over null. having 5 toons... 1 carrier isnot enough. at that point youll want jumpfreighters and multiple carriers to shlep your stuff across the stars. does your wallet reflect the ability to be able to shoulder those costs? y/n

if no, youre going to look into WHY you want to multibox. is it just to plex them? set up a set of accounts to do incursions i guess.
    want to just pirate and kill stuff? if answer was no to the wallet question, go buy plex.

questions of these nature are super generic and answering them is difficult. also answering them cuts into the markets that the players here own. whether its market, wh, incursion, etc. the more people that come into the market, the smaller of a cut we multiboxers get, so we tend to not share such information freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Crayonbox View Post
    ... so we tend to not share such information freely.
    Thats basically EVE. Im sure someone here is nice enough to provide tips . I am looking to eventually run them with plex. In the past I haven't been great at money making but I aim to change that here.

Wormholes look great, but the required sp required for them seems to high to start off with. I am really aiming for somthing that the chars can do with around a month of training that will start earning isk. Then move up to something like wormholes after a while when I have more knowledge and the sp to make the switch.

As of the moment this is just an idea as I need to actually set up the chars and get EVE and ISboxer subs running , but I only want to do that after I am sure of what I want to do. Many a time have I run into something without little knowledge and have it fail.

i think if youre looking for the quickest return on your multibox setup, would be mining. there is a reason why so many people multibox mine.

its easy and its easy to train up to. it takes roughly 30 days to get an almost maxed out miner. 2 weeks for a min skill i think for barge i think.

that would be a start. mining is boring as balls though so theres that to consider. but i dont think there are many money making tasks in eve or any game for that matter thats any "fun" but to each their own

personally i own an extensive t2 and capital bpo collection and thats where my money comes from. i have a hisec pos and a null pos where i compress jita ore and ship it out to null to build capitals and t2 production via moongoo bought from alliance which i turn into products and distribute to differnt markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite874 View Post
    Thats basically EVE. Im sure someone here is nice enough to provide tips . I am looking to eventually run them with plex. In the past I haven't been great at money making but I aim to change that here.

Wormholes look great, but the required sp required for them seems to high to start off with. I am really aiming for somthing that the chars can do with around a month of training that will start earning isk. Then move up to something like wormholes after a while when I have more knowledge and the sp to make the switch.

As of the moment this is just an idea as I need to actually set up the chars and get EVE and ISboxer subs running , but I only want to do that after I am sure of what I want to do. Many a time have I run into something without little knowledge and have it fail.
    I think what you should be asking yourself is what do you enjoy about this game the most? You mentioned you have played for the last couple of years. Do you enjoy Exploration, PVP, Mining, WHs, Incursions, Missions, Trading, Faction Warfare, etc... If you haven't been able to dabble in all of these things which all have a decent return on investment than you should at least try them and find out what you want to do.

The last thing you want to do is make Eve into a job and then it will take away from your studying and social life which will gradually burn you out. Doing anything for the first time can be challenging and trying to do that multiboxing can be even more challenging. The best thing I suggest you do which I suggest to many others is get your current account sustainable paying subscription by PLEX. For example Planetary Interaction (not a multiboxing activity) which can generate up to 450m a month. With your two empty slots on your account you can generally make 900m a month which gives you your 1 PLEX for the account and 130-150 million isk left over for pvp in t1 ships.

Once your able to figure out what you want to dabble in then it will be a lot easier to explain to you how to perfect it and become space rich.