Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 52

Well i was asking your opinion about running 2 980's vs a single card.
    my system consists of a intel 6core 3.2Ghz, 64gb ram on a asus black edition rampage iv, ssd raid (overclocked to 4.0Ghz, stable)
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    Well i was asking your opinion about running 2 980's vs a single card.
    my system consists of a intel 6core 3.2Ghz, 64gb ram on a asus black edition rampage iv, ssd raid (overclocked to 4.0Ghz, stable)
    If you want compatibility and ease of use, then a single GPU -- The bigger, the better.
    If you want the most performance with decreased compatibility, then multiple GPUs.

If someone is buying two GTX 760s to match, or exceed the performance of a single GTX 780 while trying to save some money, then I'd say the best course of action would be to just go with the GTX 780 right from the start. SLI scaling isn't always that great and adding in a second GTX 780 down the line when the budget allows for it is going to exceed the performance of sandwiching a third GTX 760 into the system; and that's if the system/case will even allow for a third GPU.

The above example is based off of the prices at launch of aforementioned GPUs -- There is currently no GTX 960 so the same comparison cannot be made with current generation hardware.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

It seems I'll just stay with the titan until such a time they release the 980Ti , I appreciate you response on this issue.
    I am able to run 5 clients with no problems, so 10 under my same system should cause no big issues.
    I could support a 3rd video card with the giant case i have, and probably never have to heat my apartment again with the heat generated by that system...lol

Thanx
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    It seems I'll just stay with the titan until such a time they release the 980Ti , I appreciate you response on this issue.
    I am able to run 5 clients with no problems, so 10 under my same system should cause no big issues.
    I could support a 3rd video card with the giant case i have, and probably never have to heat my apartment again with the heat generated by that system...lol

Thanx
    If I was in your situation I'd probably try to find a used Titan on eBay or something like that going for cheap so that I could SLI them together and hold me over.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

I'm running two Titans now. I haven't boxed in months, but when I did I wasn't that impressed. It's not like I could run all 5 windows (1920x1080) at max settings. I stopped ten (and 20 boxing) a while ago so not sure what improvement I would see there.

edit: I am running two monitors at 1920x1080 if you were wondering. 3930, 64GB ram, Samsung 840 pro x2, blah blah

Word on the street is that these are the new Titan II specs:

• 28 nm.
    • 551 mm².
    • 3072 CUDA cores.
    • 384-bit GDDR5.
    • 12 GB VRAM.
    • 1100 MHz stock, 1390 MHz Boost

http://www.techpowerup.com/207101/nv...-detailed.html

EDIT: I've also edited the title of the thread since it has moved away from just a GTX 980.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-12-2014 at 11:46 AM

BTW, not sure if any of y'all are interested but if anyone picking up one of the bleeding-edge cards is interested in getting rid of your older 780Ti, let me know. I'd rather keep the money In The Family rather than buying new if I can find one that's been treated well.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    BTW, not sure if any of y'all are interested but if anyone picking up one of the bleeding-edge cards is interested in getting rid of your older 780Ti, let me know. I'd rather keep the money In The Family rather than buying new if I can find one that's been treated well.
    I think I'm going to skip over these (most likely) $1,000 28nm Titans and wait for the big boy 20nm Maxwell next year when the GTX 980 Tis are released. I'll most likely be selling two out of the three of my GTX 780 Tis (gotta move one over to the secondary machine to power my web browsing and IRC >_>) and if you're still interested then I'll let you know.

I realize that's probably quite a ways away.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I realize that's probably quite a ways away.
    I'm in no big hurry.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

removed my post, and opening another later
    Last edited by beeq : 11-18-2014 at 03:40 AM