Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 52

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Is there a (big) difference between the $569 EVGA GTX 980 and the $747 Gigabyte GTX 980 card?
    The Gigabyte card uses their special Windforce air cooler to keep the temperatures down more than stock, but it also supposedly comes with better power delivery, as well as a better PCB and more connectors versus the stock setup. Is it worth $750? No, because it's normally listed at $630.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

EVGA (bestbuy) must be crazy GTX Titan Z 12gb
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    It's Best Buy... Unless it's a commodity item, it ain't gonna be cheap and will usually be >20% more expensive than Amazon or a fair number of other retailers.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I see amazon has it for $1500, I just didn't realize it was out yet the 12g card.
    ...I'm still waiting for the 980Ti

or you could pay http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-874-_-Product

the fact that is so much less might mean the 900 series Titan on the horizon?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I see amazon has it for $1500, I just didn't realize it was out yet the 12g card.
    ...I'm still waiting for the 980Ti
    The Titan-Z came out months ago and it's two Titan Blacks sandwiched together on a single PCB. It's a Kepler card, not a Maxwell card, and it runs hotter and slower than two Titan Blacks (it's also only 6GB like the Titan Black).
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

If you were waiting for a 980 Ti, you're going to be waiting for well over a year. I'll probably go ahead and buy a plain old 980 for now.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/1...hed-back-2016/

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    If you were waiting for a 980 Ti, you're going to be waiting for well over a year. I'll probably go ahead and buy a plain old 980 for now.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/1...hed-back-2016/
    Then I shall wait. I personally feel that a 256-bit bus is too weak to handle the incredibly high amount of pixels that we tend to push when multiboxing and it kinda shows in the latest round of 4K benchmarks where both the 780 Ti and R290X were able to keep up, or beat, the GTX 980 when it came time to really push -- Although I would have liked all of the in-game settings to have been matched up a bit better. I'm also able to hit the 3GB limit of VRAM on my 780 Tis, and I'm going to guess that once I enter Pandaria/Draenor that number is going to continue to rise, so I would also like to have access to more than 4GB of VRAM to see if I can really push the limits -- I'm, of course, speaking strictly from a 2560x1080 x5 on Ultra + MSAA standpoint.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Then I shall wait. I personally feel that a 256-bit bus is too weak to handle the incredibly high amount of pixels that we tend to push when multiboxing and it kinda shows in the latest round of 4K benchmarks where both the 780 Ti and R290X were able to keep up, or beat, the GTX 980 when it came time to really push -- Although I would have liked all of the in-game settings to have been matched up a bit better. I'm also able to hit the 3GB limit of VRAM on my 780 Tis, and I'm going to guess that once I enter Pandaria/Draenor that number is going to continue to rise, so I would also like to have access to more than 4GB of VRAM to see if I can really push the limits -- I'm, of course, speaking strictly from a 2560x1080 x5 on Ultra + MSAA standpoint.
    What about (2)980's vs a single 980Ti? I intend to 10box and currently running a regular Titan 6gb.
    .....also have a single 34" monitor with (2) 20" on either side in portrait view. Possibly looking into a setup like yours (MiRai) except just 3 screens .

What about (2)980's vs a single 980Ti?
    No one can possibly know what the GTX 980 Ti will bring to the table if it's not going to be out for another year, but I find it hard to believe that nVidia is going to financially coast on GTX 970s and 980s.

I intend to 10box and currently running a regular Titan 6gb.
    .....also have a single 34" monitor with (2) 20" on either side in portrait view. Possibly looking into a setup like yours (MiRai) except just 3 screens .
    If you're getting less-than-optimal performance you either drop your settings, your FPS, and/or your resolution, or upgrade your hardware. If you're trying to gauge where a GTX Titan sits on the charts these days it's about as powerful as a normal GTX 780.