Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Wd + wiz + dh + dh

Hello all,

After several months of 4-boxing D3 with ISBoxer, I thought it was time to talk about my experiences with it.

Pre-2.1, I started with mine and my wife's account dual boxing 2 wizards. This worked fine, until I tried to get past about T2. It was then I did my serious build research and discovered the WoW/EB builds... but had yet to find a single Wand of Woh (even now, still not a single WoW).

I decided to change my main account toon to a Witch Doctor, as they were the "most powerful" and T6 capable, and pets were pretty powerful for lower torments, and needed little to no control at the micro level. This worked fine and I was having a blast, but other gear was dropping that I didn't have a use for, and wanted to use it.

At the time my son was playing Blessed Shield and Holy Shotgun crusader builds, and I had leveled a crusader in the past myself, so I knew how powerful they could be, plus they offered some nice buffs. I created another account, paid for my software, and created my new crusader. Playing a crusader without any build defining gear with two range classes was... not fun.

So, after some research, I decided to add a zDPS pull/support monk and another WD on a fourth account. This was VERY fun for a few weeks, and worked very well pre-2.1.

Along the way I accumulated:

WD: Full Zuni, full Jade, Jeram, TnT, Quetz
    Wiz: 2-missle Mirrorball, full FB, Magefists, Cindercoat
    Monk: full SWK, Storms, various legs
    WD2: Bits and peices

Pretty soon after 2.1 I decided that a second WD was not my best option, and powered a DH up. This gave me 2 classes for INT gear, and 2 classes for DEX gear. This went OK for a little while, until 2.1 hit and the monk changes occurred. It took about a week or so of 3-4 hour a day playing to get full M6 w/ TnT but once I did it was evident where the power was. So, I switch the monk to another DH.

With 3 ranged classes, it was now more evident that Jade WD was not going to work well for me with a mid-range 3-core CPU PC. I switched my main WD back over to Grin Reaper build, then back to FA/Zuni pet doc, and things have been going much smoother now. The addition of a 6-core CPU has also been a huge boost; no more stutter-stepping unless I intend to!

Here's my basic set up with key maps:
    L-Click: DH1+DH2 > Sentry, WD > Addling Toads, > Wiz MM
    R-Click: DH1+DH2 > EA:FA (10 Hatred spender, so a spam won't drain my hatred), WD > Piranhas:Piranhado, Wiz > Black Hole:Blazar
    1: Wiz > Blizzard:Apocalypse
    2: Wiz > Meteor:Molten, WD:Big Bac Voodoo: Slam Dance
    3: WD > Spirit Walk: Jaunt, Wiz > Mirror Image: Duplicates, DH1 + DH2 > Smoke Screen:Lingering Fog (the OH CRAP button for all toons)
    4: DH1 + DH2 > Companion:Boar Companion (on 2 sec reset round robin)

If a key isn't listed for a slot, it's either a buff (wiz), summons (WD), or a hatred spender (DH's) that I don't want spammed; if I need them pressed, I swap to that toon and left click them manually; those keys have been eliminated from receiving key presses through either re-mapping or round-robin configuration.

I play with stacked windows on my main monitor. I play with the WD as main with several VideoFX viewers, showing cooldowns for both Companion abilities, Meteor, and Black Hole.

On the second monitor I have a dxNothing window with viewers for all 4 mini-maps, with a toon head and mana bar section in the lower left corner of each, like so:

http://i.imgur.com/g4uJ3TZ.png (screeshot from the monk days and only playing 3 accounts at the time).

As a team, I am able to run T6 rifts in ~15 minutes on average. I have also killed the ubers three times and made two amulets (had to turn down uber Diablo to T5 my first time, then it was easy). Key farming is a snap on T6. I have also cleared Grift 29 with > 3 minutes to spare. Not the best grift level or time, but it's getting there (and I've only had the new CPU for 3 days ).

Funny side-story; while I was running public rift games on the 4th account demon hunter, we popped a goblin portal. The last account to get added to the mix was the first to get Boon of the Hoarder, and was by far the richest toon until last weekend when I finally got the portal on all my other account too.

I have been thru a lot of trial and error to get this far, and I am having a blast with it. So much reading and learning, and a lot of ideas came from sites like this. Hopefully my own experiences can help someone as you all have helped me.

Cool, do you have a pic of your current setup?

Sounds fun. How are things going?

I've never tried to mix DH's with anything else really; they seem so mobility-focused that it seems like it wouldn't work all that well.

Mind linking specs?

Mixing DH's with a pet doc and a FB wiz isn't too bad as they all are not anchored to any one area. I tried this with a Jade doc at first, and that wasn't fun as they need to get in close to harvest.

WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...UY!WdVe!Ybbbac
    Wiz: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...kO!ZYRh!cYYcZZ
    DH1: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XS!cfei!aZbcZb
    DH2: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XS!cfhe!aZbcZb

Right after I originally posted this, I started playing seasons, all DH's, and it has been both fun and frustrating. I finally got all 4 in M6, with 2 of them in TnT's. I found my very first Etrayu, Windforce, and Kridershot ever. I've also seen two Ramaladni's, two TnT gloves, but only one Bombardier's.

I am doing T6 and GR 22 now, and just started farming Uber keys as well. Once I get TnT's on all, decent weapons, better rolls and BoHoarder (damn gobs), I am going to be VERY interested in seeing how fast things melt in the face of 16 sentries pew pewing all over the place.

I'll link a new screenshot of the current setup later, don't have one at the moment.

Thanks for the update. I keep flopping around, but right now I'm gearing up 4 DH's too. Still a few pieces away from having full M6 but so very close.

I'm tempted to try the ZDPS WD/Monk and 2 DH thing, but I suspect it'd be annoying to multibox at high difficulties (e.g. the DH's are rather squishy to get that close to things, even with the Monk/WD at hand). I'll probably eventually slip a WD into the DH team though, if only to provide pets to absorb some effects/distract monsters, and for BBV.

I also want to dust off the Crusaders. And there's the ZdpsWD + 3 wizards that I abandoned midway through acquiring Firebirds. Going to stick with the DH's a bit longer though.

Probably my next team will be Crusaders. Simply as a consequence of being sick of being squishy.

Well I got all toons outfitted with TnT gloves last night (two from drops, two from Kadala). Three of the four hit the 2.84 breakpoint, the other is at the 2.14 for now. Still only one account with a Rucksack. Three account are gambling for a Rucksack, one gambling for Lacuni bracers. From here on out it's pretty much all about strategic upgrades.

Things are going well, I am clearing T6 in <10 minutes easily if I try. I was pretty lucky in that all four have appropriately rolled Cameos, so there is not as much amulet swapping at the moment.

http://i.imgur.com/39p4zoe.png

Funny. I have four rucksacks from drops but no tasker. I'm using a variety of bracers as well, though one guy has lacuni. Otherwise all are in m6 now with each etrayu and one burzida. They are quite fun.

I'm considering combining a zdps witchdoctor with 2-3 lightning demon hunters. Zdps wd to help keep the dhs alive while they pew pew with hell trapper. After I hit the inevitable wall with the dhs of course. Worst case scenario it just expedites gearing my Zdps witchdoctor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ishar : 10-14-2014 at 11:09 AM

I'm using unity as rings (no soj yet) and hfa as amulets on three. The fourth hasn't rolled a decent passive yet. The damage amulets barely seem worth it with these guys, no problem avoiding ground affixes generally. T6 is pretty easy, rarely die there but grifts get me occasionally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Good luck using even one lightning DH, must less 3! I tried that, and just one EA:LB sentry DH brought my system to a standstill. Maybe your hardware is much better than mine, though!

Four (five, actually) TnT, four (five!) Rucksacks, three Etrayu, one Arcane Barb, and all with M5+RoRG... melting T6 and completed GR29 with time to spare. With all in Rucksacks now, I was finally able to swap all over from Custom Engineering to Steady Aim, work on levelling all gems to 25, and replace Blood Vengeance with Perfectionist for 10% more toughness. My challenge now on ALL my characters is to find 4 more Gifts, craft good Unbound Bolts (or Arcane Barbs), and raise my crit chance and damage without losing toughness. Fun times!