Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default PvP Group Compositions

Hey guys, it's been a very long time since I have been active or boxed. Been out of the loop for quite some time, as in the last time I was really active was during the WoTLK phase of 4 DK's and a Pally. And obviously long before /follow was broken.

Now I have seen all of the threads about /follow work arounds, and some tid bits here and there. But it seems like the information for this expac isn't as prevalent as before.

Anyway, I am here because with the changes to PvP in WoD I really want to get back into actively boxing again. But I just don't know what classes to focus on.

Probably looking at focusing on 3s as I don't want to commit the resources for 5 accounts anymore. I have a 90 of every character on my main account, and am looking at RaFing another two accounts.

From what I gather, melee is still the way to go. Any ideas on what I should look at doing? 3 melee such as Enhance Shaman x3? Or 2 Melee and drive them from a healer? 3 Warriors? Etc...

Sorry for the vague thread, I know that everything for WoD Is only projection, but just trying to figure out what I will level up in the lead up to the release of WoD.

Driving from the healer is going to be even more important now that Ashran follow is removed.

My advice would be to try TSG ( Warrior / DK / Healer ) with driving from the healer. My experience on it has been that battlegrounds are passable so long as you don't mind corralling your melee on a mount out of combat. Usually it wound up being me ( healer ) following the melee around that were in perpetual pursuit of something because follow doesn't work.

In arena it will be somewhat harder but positioning is better because of follow being on. I had no problem hitting 1750 on my shaman with my DK in tow. TSG is obviously a bit harder to pull off because it's 3s but with much of the CC train gone now, it won't be a mind melt for multiboxers like it was before.

I could look at transferring some toons around. I have been playing solo for most of my time in MoP, only just got back into boxing very very recently.

The warrior/DK/healer does seem promising, though I think I would need to wither gear up my DK/Healer, or simply wait for WoD. I think that looking at doing 3s may be my best option. I have enough toons on my single account that I could look at moving a few characters through quickly enough in order to maximize arenas.

As far as Ashran goes, I don't think /follow will be coming back. But IWT and extra seater mounts are still working by spamming IWT. Almost to the point where it's as good as follow.

Gearing up now is a lost cause. We have basically 2 weeks until they overhaul the abilities we use which means another 2 weeks until we've got that sorted unless you've been in beta all this time.

That means we'll be heading into Draenor making any gearing now pointless.

I've been playing the beta for the last couple of weeks and you get iLvl 510 - 520 in the first few quests in the starter zone. I'm about half-way through level 91 and my gear level is 519.

The newer gear has multistrike, versatility and (some other I can't remember) that make it better for 6.0 than the equivalent iLvl from 5.4.

I agree; I wouldn't bother with gearing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    Driving from the healer is going to be even more important now that Ashran follow is removed.

My advice would be to try TSG ( Warrior / DK / Healer ) with driving from the healer. My experience on it has been that battlegrounds are passable so long as you don't mind corralling your melee on a mount out of combat. Usually it wound up being me ( healer ) following the melee around that were in perpetual pursuit of something because follow doesn't work.

In arena it will be somewhat harder but positioning is better because of follow being on. I had no problem hitting 1750 on my shaman with my DK in tow. TSG is obviously a bit harder to pull off because it's 3s but with much of the CC train gone now, it won't be a mind melt for multiboxers like it was before.
    +1 to this post.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 10-01-2014 at 02:44 PM

Really looking at running melee heavy teams for this expac, as IWT makes it a lot easier. On top of using casters is bloody annoying. Constantly turning the casters to get things off, instead of spamming IWT and the melee doing all the work.

I just need to transfer some toons around and go that route.

I have had quite a bit of success with 5x boomkins. 5 starfalls absolutely decimates a team in no time flat, and having the option to instant starsurge down a player is huge. 5 cenarion wards is an insane amount of recovery, and rolling rejuvs is also quite helpful. 5x incap roar, 5x typhoon(meh), 5x stampeding roar, 5 rebirths for when you lose 1 in a bg (instant cast now, restores at 100% hp with glyph).

PvE stuff is a joke as well - I can run thru the lvl 100 elite areas with starfall running and just spamming rejuv around the party and kill packs of 30+ mobs.

wadafruck... are you still pvp'ing with boomkins? I am currently leveling a team of 5 druids and I wanted to know what you thought of starfall damage post 6.1 nerf. Is it still wrecking in pvp? About how much damage does each star do to a player each second?

I've been running 5x boomkin for a while. Starfalls are still pretty good AOE, especially in combination with your DPS cooldowns and spamming Celestial Alignment dots. However, since the nerf it's not nearly as strong as it used to be. At around 648 ilvl PVP gear (before scaling), I get around 2.5k damage per star hit with cooldowns running. With crits, multistrikes and people with lower versatility, the average damage gained per star is however a bit higher than that. In any case, I usually end up using a starfall really only when I pop cooldowns, and save the other stacks for focused burst with Starsurges.

5x Moonkin still has plenty of melting power, but applying it effectively seems to only really be viable against fairly non-organized groups of people. IE: world PVP. In say 5v5 arena, it is simply too easy to avoid. And as 5v5 is not played casually anymore (at least I did not come across a single team below 1750 MMR in the 26 games I did before giving up on it), the comps you're going to face are simply not viable to kill with the Shock-and-Awe strategy (read: double healer every single time). I can get 1, maybe 2, but then the damage winds down and I just slow begin dying.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 03-06-2015 at 11:39 AM