Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WoD 5 5-man

Default WoD 5 5-man

So I typically play paladin - 4 shaman (90s), or 5 paladin (82-3s), or 5 DK (mid 70s), 5 monks (mid 50s in Legion of Boom). Looking to diversify a bit heading into WoD. Currently playing a baby team of warrior - 4 disc priest, hate to admit it level 13-14 in quest/looted gear only no BOAs from starting on a new realm and enjoying it. Haven't lost a toon yet.

I do like to PVP as part of The Zerg/LoB but never mastered any at level instances in PVE. I have played most classes solo at 85-90 (minus hunter (70-low 80s)/rogue (30-50s)/monk) and am looking for a new challenge/play style. Yeah I know after all these years of caster, tank, melee DPS it all blends together. I have played shaman as elemental/resto/enhancement since TBC and was wondering which comps people are looking at as being viable or a fun challenge.

I have previously tried multi-comp team of mage, lock, shaman, paladin tank, and mixed in a warrior or DK to round it out. Wasn't very successful. So I will probably be sticking to a tank and one more class. The disc priest are currently fun but I worry about DPS as I progress. Any ideas or recommendations with good pro's and con's? I am probably getting close to wanting to buy the expansion on pre-order/boost the team to start getting prepared/proficient and full of gold and goodies.

I did all the End Time dungeons when they were released. They were probably the best time I had multiboxing WoW. Also the most frustrating.

Challenge Modes replace that now... I truly wish I had done these way earlier. I spent too much time in LFR on that stupid legendary cloak that in hindsight was totally not worth the trouble.

WoD will bring some focus back to 5 mans which is good for me. That's always been my focus. PvP isn't really my thing in the long run though I don't run from it.

My suggested five-man team:

Prot Pally
    Ele Shaman
    Destro Warlock
    Surv Hunter
    Disc Priest

Lots of flexibility. As for controlling multiple classes, you will need to spend a bit of time with ISBoxer and understand Virtual Combat keys (so different keys are pressed based on the class of the character).

Just being honest, if you aren't willing to spend a few hours getting ISBoxer configured, you probably shouldn't be considering heroics. Not meaning to sound harsh, but anything worthwhile in life takes at least some effort.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Yeah I ended up spending 2-3 hours messing around with it when I redid my team from my shamans. I think I quit playing back in patch 31 or 38 so 41 had some new goodies in it that threw a wrench into my old mode.

Couple of challenges was my tank wouldn't IWT, had to trouble shoot that. Got it resolved.

Now my casters will IWT to be in range and then they stop so that is a nice caster quality of life addition.

I did roll into my first instance today and I lost one guy jumping off of a wall. But everything else was honestly patiently walking through the instance in quest gears. I put one disc priest on heal duty with @targettarget + small cast sequence (Can't wait for atonement healing to unlock). Banged out the instance, got the gear, ding'd 20, had the random guild I joined hit level 2 through my effort solo and am progressing easily.

@Mercurio. I think I could almost do that team right now. At 90 already I have:

rot Pally/HPally
    5 Shaman
    Destro/Aff Lock
    Boomkin/Resto (former Guardian)

and a few others at 85: SPriest, Mage, Warrior.

I don't mind putting in the work, just trying to decide which team I want to take to 100 from the level 90 boosting. I have to admit I have been hiding out on the new PVE realm playing alliance, something I hardly ever do anymore.