Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default Goodness of Monkey Runs - 14M exp per hour x 4

I am shocked and amazed at how quickly Monkey Runs level up a team of level 85+ characters.

With WoD approaching, I thought I might look at leveling up a few of my teams that I haven't touched since Cataclysm. I tried a few outdoor spots that people on the interwebz said were awesome and incredible and... I really wasn't excited with the results. Figured I'd run my guys through the two level 85 dungeons and complete the two quests in each for additional exp.

What I found was that just doing the Stormstout Brewery up through the first boss, then leaving the dungeon and requeueing for it again was just crazy experience. I am doing it with an ilvl 565 level 90 hunter and the other four level 85-ish characters helping as they can. The runs average about 2 minutes and 45 seconds over time (including requeueing and reloading) and give about 600K exp for the four followers per run. This is about 14M experience per hour. In about an hour I get four characters from level 85 and zero exp to halfway through level 86. I'm stopping when the followers run out of rested exp and waiting for it to build back up.

There isn't any limit to the number of times you can queue up for a specific dungeon per hour so this works until you get tired of it.

I can't believe how much better this is than doing all those mandatory collection quests in MoP!

Anyway, others might be in a similar spot (leveling up from 85 to 90 in preparation for WoD) so I thought I'd share.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

This is roughly what I did until lvl 88 or so and then I did the krasarang (i think) and then finished up with the klaxxi quests in dread wastes. Very quick leveling indeed.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

oh wow thank you for posting this!! i was questing up on my teams taking about 16 hours from 85-90. this will cut down on that time quite a bit!!
    to bad you need atleast a class that can tank and heal in the group to do this but still better than anything i have so far, you rock

How do you queue up with a 90 in the group for a lvling dungeon? I was under the impression that was not possible.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

You can if it's a specific.

@Tundra662

You can always show up there and reset.. I think the cap on instances per hour has been raised.. I think I got locked out on 8 runs per hour.

[edit] Nevermind.

Was replying to the sidebar discussion about queueing up for lowbie instances.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Blog Entries

I did this for a few hours today, killing the first boss and then disbanding my group, reforming when I had 3 minutes left on the heroism debuff rinse repeat. I found it alternated well with cleaning the kitchen.

I thought they nerfed these? Or was that elemental runs in Temple of the Jade Serpent? Also, is this using any XP buffs? Guild banners, etc?
    If not, I might need to set up a boosting group for my shammies with my DK. Did try the bug creatures on timeless before that were supposedly very good XP, but found them to be quite bad, especially on a realm where the 4x lowbies are target practice.

EDIT:

Did try this just now and it does work fairly well I must say. I think I could squeeze in a run + reque in just over 2 minutes with minimal effort. My DK isn't even slightly set up to be a part of a multibox team so I guess there is even room for improvement. Came up with a little less XP per run (tagging issues?) but still a good 4-5% of a level per run at 86, so not too shabby at all.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 09-12-2014 at 10:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    Also, is this using any XP buffs? Guild banners, etc?
    Nope, just rested exp for the followers. Still great XP.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden