Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Boosted a bit more today and thought I'd add a 2.5 min video

Monkey Run for Boosting

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I found it alternated well with cleaning the kitchen.
    I'll attribute the zen-inducing musical accompaniment to Luxlunae.
    Last edited by Mercurio : 09-13-2014 at 07:29 PM
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

I was doing some random dungeons for the quests on a team I'm leveling (3x Ele, 1x Restosham + Bear droo) and might have stumbled upon a possible alternative to monkey runs: The first floor of Siege of Niuzao Temple. I happened to notice that the Resin Flakes (low-ish health yellow blobs) give a rather substantial amount of XP. On top of that the damage buff they give when they die is not too shabby, so I decided to test it out.

All toons are around 405 ilvl and my macro work is shoddy at best. I'm also not dealing with the reasing weave stuns very affectively. however I still manage to clear the first floor, including the boss in just under 3 minutes if I manage to keep stacking the buff given by the blobs to make sure the boss goes down fast. With rested XP and a guild banner I got 749 890 XP for the run, of which the boss is around 220 000. The strat if you can even call if that was simply to clear all the way around the boss to the last blobs and keep stacking the buff and just AOE the adds down then use DPS coolies on boss. Granted this is with Bloodlust, which could only be used 1 out of 4 runs, but I honestly don't see it being that much slower without it. Especially if you have a geared toon dragging the others through.

Here's a small proof-of-concept video. Sorry in advance for the low resolution, but my rigs has seen better days so recording at full resolution was not an option. Also: This is not by any means played to perfection. I'm mainly yoloing through it since it seems to work out decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wubsie View Post
    I was doing some random dungeons for the quests on a team I'm leveling (3x Ele, 1x Restosham + Bear droo) and might have stumbled upon a possible alternative to monkey runs: The first floor of Siege of Niuzao Temple. I happened to notice that the Resin Flakes (low-ish health yellow blobs) give a rather substantial amount of XP. On top of that the damage buff they give when they die is not too shabby, so I decided to test it out.

All toons are around 405 ilvl and my macro work is shoddy at best. I'm also not dealing with the reasing weave stuns very affectively. however I still manage to clear the first floor, including the boss in just under 3 minutes if I manage to keep stacking the buff given by the blobs to make sure the boss goes down fast. With rested XP and a guild banner I got 749 890 XP for the run, of which the boss is around 220 000. The strat if you can even call if that was simply to clear all the way around the boss to the last blobs and keep stacking the buff and just AOE the adds down then use DPS coolies on boss. Granted this is with Bloodlust, which could only be used 1 out of 4 runs, but I honestly don't see it being that much slower without it. Especially if you have a geared toon dragging the others through.

Here's a small proof-of-concept video. Sorry in advance for the low resolution, but my rigs has seen better days so recording at full resolution was not an option. Also: This is not by any means played to perfection. I'm mainly yoloing through it since it seems to work out decent enough.
    The 'problem' with this is that you lock yourself to the dungeon by killing the boss, and thus are limited to 10 instances per hour (unless I'm wrong). Whereas the monkeyruns you can queue up an infinite amount of times since you dont kill the boss.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    The 'problem' with this is that you lock yourself to the dungeon by killing the boss, and thus are limited to 10 instances per hour (unless I'm wrong). Whereas the monkeyruns you can queue up an infinite amount of times since you dont kill the boss.
    At least in Cataclysm it did not require bosses to be killed for the lockout to happen. I used to farm leather in the Lost City of Tol'Vir instance and would reset after killing the first trash mobs and would get locked out after a while. So, at least then it was a fresh instances/hour based limit of sorts. Not sure if they've changed it since, so might be different of course.

+ I have no idea how using the que system instead of simply running in and out of the instance factors in to this, or whether it even does.

Blog Entries

I never hit instance caps doing the first monkey boss, but we all know I don't have the attention span to spam the dungeon ten times in a row anyway. I also wasnt' running in and out, but queuing through LFD, don't know if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    For whatever reason, this isn't a problem any more. I've run the Brewery at least 30 times in a row with basically the same set of toons multiple times over the last few days and never have an instance lockout. That's including killing the first boss and with a average run time of 2 mins 33 seconds.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

This was a patch back in April.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/130...ril-7-4-7-2014

Under April 7th -

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

Each World of Warcraft account can now create a maximum of 10 instances per hour (up from 5).
    http://wowpedia.org/Instance#Limits
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Merc pointed this out in the original post - if you use the "Dungeon Finder" vs just walking in, there's no "reasonable" limit at all.

However, if I have 5 mages - for example, I can't use the Dungeon Finder, and have to walk in, and thus! I am subject to the 10 instance limit.

-Kicksome
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    However, if I have 5 mages - for example, I can't use the Dungeon Finder, and have to walk in, and thus! I am subject to the 10 instance limit.

-Kicksome
    Yep. "Your group failed the dungeon check because it is not viable." ORLY? I just cleared it in heroic mode. #$&^#*@$^^@$#
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Yep. "Your group failed the dungeon check because it is not viable." ORLY? I just cleared it in heroic mode. #$&^#*@$^^@$#
    It would be nice if all characters in your group are on your account or in a guild together or something, it just unlocked LFD.
    I guess they want people to be sociable though
    Whisperwind - US - Alliance
    5x Human Death Knights - all level 120
    1x Human Paladin for LFD: 120
    Bleeding Hollow - US - Horde - [On the Bench currently]

5x Orc Death Knights - 1 x 90 + 4 x 60s
    1x Blood Elf Paladin: Level 67 - Healer for 5 man LFD