Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: 5-box Team

Default 5-box Team

Alright so I've 5-boxed before with Trial accounts so only up to level 20. I'm just finishing up dual-boxing a Ret Paladin and Dest Warlock from 1-85 (1 day 5 hours played) and now I'm planning on doing 5 toons.

For tank I was thinking a Druid or possible Pally but I'm leaning towards druid.

So what would be a good choice for heals?
    • Resto Druid
    • Resto Shaman
    • Disc Priest

What I considered doing was

Tank - Guard Druid
    Heals/DPS - Disc Priest
    DPS/Heals - Disc Priest
    DPS - ? Mage?
    DPS - ?

Would 2 Disc Priests be helpful or should 1 be plenty?

Sorry for so many questions but I'm trying to decide what to do prior to picking up the rest of my copies of WoW next Friday.

Thanks All!

-Nam
    Last edited by Nam13 : 09-07-2014 at 04:11 AM

remember to take into count about 6.0 changes off healing is being changed, You would need healer/dpsx3 tank. you could go shadow though.

the 5th place i would use a hunter it can fill missing buffs kinda well. As for the 2 priests maybe a shammy be a good move?

i would go

Druid tank or deathkight
    Priest/lock ( the lock would not give you a 2nd healer choice)
    Shammy (would probs make this the healer)
    Mage
    hunter

Really comes down to what youre trying to accomplish and if you will ever have any assistance from other people (even if its openraid)

If I was starting out, I would definitely have more dual or triple role characters earlier in. So that I can quickly raid with one role and roll on loot as another.

Your love for discipline priest might end soon as well, if leveling is an issue for you I would checkout some notes/videos on healing changes, especially smart heals.

This tool might help plan stuff out for you http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

I have been using pets to tank running with a healer.. but the past few days I have been levelling a Prot Pala, x2 Disc Priest, BM Hunter and a Destro lock.. this team is so strong (the lock and hunter pets offtank for me the odd caster which is great).. I only hot the tank on the pull and the rest is absorbs and attonement. Pala is great with selfless healer and lay on hands.. it's quite hard to die.

I did ramparts at 58.. the only looms they are wearing is a cloak, and my tank has sword/shield and a trinket... they are so much fun to play with...

I'm not too worried about the changes in WoD as I have x2 Priests and a 90 resto Druid if I need it, and to be honest I'm not expecting to be able to box instances with the amount of mechanics in them.. for me its to farm mounts and achievments. A lot of change will happen with healing.. even after release.. they are always doing stuff to Disc.
    Last edited by Andreauk : 09-07-2014 at 10:45 AM

Wow! Thanks everyone for the quick replies!

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    remember to take into count about 6.0 changes off healing is being changed, You would need healer/dpsx3 tank. you could go shadow though.

the 5th place i would use a hunter it can fill missing buffs kinda well. As for the 2 priests maybe a shammy be a good move?

i would go

Druid tank or deathkight
    Priest/lock ( the lock would not give you a 2nd healer choice)
    Shammy (would probs make this the healer)
    Mage
    hunter
    First I'll say that I doubt I'll be raiding unless I happen to get really good at 5-boxing. This is more for fun when I don't feel like raiding on my main.

I had considered a Shammy healer but I don't really like any of the races that can be a Shaman. I guess I can just go ahead and make a Dranei but..meh. Anyone have a recommendation there?

So

TANK: Druid
    HEALS: Shaman
    DPS: Mage?
    DPS: Hunter?
    DPS: ?

So, to be honest never really played a Hunter. How many different abilities do they use on a regular basis?

What would be better for last DPS slot?
    Disc or Shadow Priest,
    Warlock,
    Boomkin,
    another Mage,
    or Elemental Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Nam13 View Post

So, to be honest never really played a Hunter. How many different abilities do they use on a regular basis?

?
    End game bm rotation is currently about 9 abilities.

Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

What about leveling? As I said this is more about having fun than accomplishing alot at least until I get used to it.

Ok so I think I have a possible idea. I'm still thinking and open to suggestions as well.

Tank: Druid
    DPS: Mage
    DPS: Hunter
    DPS/Healer: Druid
    DPS/Healer: Shaman

The Druid and Shaman will be dual spec Resto - Balance and Resto - Elemental

This gives me the widest range of gear so that I would be able to use most any items also I can try the two different healers and see what I like more.

What do you all think? Is this a viable class comp?
    Last edited by Nam13 : 09-07-2014 at 11:52 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Nam13 View Post
    What do you all think? Is this a viable class comp?
    Yes. Usually any composition that can fill the required Tank/DPS/Healer requirement for dungeons is a viable choice.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I'm more asking is it viable for someone who is beginner to intermediate with multi-boxing to play this combo?