Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 28

Default Considering starting a set of alts

So right now i have 9 characters, each which have very different skillpoint amount and allocation, ordinary names, different standings with factions ( 2 cant enter minmatar space while 1 cant enter gallente without police attempting to arrest me ). Right now they are all in a WH corp where i use them to do c5 anomalies in the static and occasionally warp about with a little ball of oracles/prophecies.

Im considering starting a new set of alts that would have the purpose of getting into soloing incursions and highsec ganking which is annoying to do atm seeing as i'd have to move all my characters out of WH space and back in afterwards.

I would appreciate some advice on what ships to train up to get started on solo incursions the fastest with 10 characters ( not counting off grid booster). I know that the nightmare will be what im aiming for but does anyone have some reliable fits for apocs/napocs?
    And apart from being able to fit all modules should i wait for t2 guns or is it viable to start out with t1 guns once you can fit everything else?

I've heard navy apocs are really fast/easy to get into. You can do incursions with a t2 fit regular battleship, of course its not as fast as the regular bling fleets you see.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

For suicide ganking I'm thinking 2 different things.

Catalysts for ganking freighters etc etc if we get enough people for that, and for ganking incursion runners or other folks, thrashers/tornadoes.

We can use thrashers if we have a lot of people for more isk efficiency, or use tornados if we have lower numbers to still instagib incursion runners or missioners.

If we can get enough people in suicide thrashers we can gank nearly anything with great profit.

For example - mission runners are occasionally stupidly blinged, but your average mission runner still probably has at least 3 faction damage mods.

If we can get at least 100m worth of loot (1-2 of said faction mods) to drop, that pays for just over 15 t2 fit gank thrashers.

15 t2 fit thrashers should have NO problem ganking BS and other pve ships - so this could be really profitable for us if we actually get some good ganks in.

I'll make some evemon skillplans and sort some stuff out and we'll figure things out soonish - looking forward to this.

I would come back on my catalyst pilots for suicide ganking

I had a bookmark that led me nowhere so i had to manually pull it out this website back from the depths of where ever it went. it had a really good guide and i recommend anyone saving this to save their own copy.

http://web.archive.org/web/201404050...don-guide-2012

also note, this guide was written before the ship tiericide which introduced racial destroyer and battlecruiser skills. so make sure to apply correct skills
    Last edited by Crayonbox : 09-07-2014 at 01:23 AM

Ill start my new alts on training up catalyst skills right away

I too have been looking at this from a more griefing perspective due to the number of moms being popped in incursions lately!

This guy has a nice article on Incursion runners vrs mission runners and DPS + concord response times in the spreadsheet he made!

http://belligerentundesirables.com/2...icide-ganking/

Catalysts seem the wtg for pretty much everything. There are a couple of more complex ganks that are possible to run on incursion runners, which would involve priming HQ sites then jamming logi in TCRC's / mom sites...

If you can jam out logi for more than 10 seconds in a TCRC and pre prime it you are looking at , at least 1 bs dead if not 2-3... the dps is insane. And the more that the logi's use all 4 repers the more the Sansha target them... For example I ran a couple of sites in a basi to get the feel of the sites etc and whether it was possible to multibox HQ's. Well this time the FC took us into a TCRC with 6 logi instead of 10ish normally needed. Well within 2mins we had lost 2 BS + 1 scimi and half the fleet had dropped into structure at 1 point or another... to cut a long story short we killed the scramblers and gtfo...

But basically the amount of sansh DPS in a TCRC is impressive... It takes 7 logis just to hold someone in 1/2 shield. And if you preprime the site It pulls the sansha towards the warp in, which means the anchor gets an impressive amount of dps pretty much instantly...

Anyways wasn't quite sure what I wanted to say But basically jamming out logi's in TCRC's would probably be way more effective than trying to gank them Also most shiny BS travel in travel fits with hull tanked rigs and wcs's making them super super tanky.

As a member of the ministry of luv (please don't hate me), the catalyst swarm (and then vexors for certain targets) is where its at. On a related note, you asked for a napoc fit that works, here you go:

Note this is low skilled shield fit and has a fairly low paper dps. However, it actually has decent damage application for most areas and also is way overtanked (handy for low sp chars and logi).

Bring Navy Multi, Navy Xray and Navy Standard and profit

[Apocalypse Navy Issue, Napoc Incursion VG]
    Damage Control II
    Capacitor Power Relay II
    Capacitor Power Relay II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Tracking Enhancer II
    Heat Sink II
    Heat Sink II
    Heat Sink II

Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
    Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Mega Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Multifrequency L

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
    Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Large Core Defense Field Extender I

Acolyte II x10
    Medium Shield Maintenance Bot I x5

Sub in t2 and bling where you wish but this is dirt cheap and takes about 46 days to train into (was important for me to be able to shit out isk before 51 days of plex + 21 day acct was up.

hey jacob, how many accounts did/do you use to run VGs with that napoc fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Alzuule View Post
    hey jacob, how many accounts did/do you use to run VGs with that napoc fit?
    9 dps 2 logi 1 booster (you can do with 8/2/1 but wont be able to outshine in competitions. islands are your best bet if you want to worry only about rare contest.