Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Challenge Mode Question

With MoP winding to a close I have been wondering how realistic it would be to achieve 9/9 Silver for the mounts.

I would like to know if anyone has had success before resubbing up to 5 accounts.

Thanks!

How realistic? I'm guessing that depends on your skill when it comes to multiboxing or how well your current team composition handles Challenge Modes. You know, if you're running around with 5x Shadow Priests I would say that the outlook is grim , but you definitely don't need a standard Tank/DPS/Healer setup because Kruschpak just did 9/9 CM Gold with 4x Enhance Shaman and a solo player tank -- Granted the classes that were used do have a bit of self healing.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Shoot I guess that rules out 5 x Resto druids then. I've got a reasonable mix of 90's between the accounts so I should be able to find a viable combination.

I'd consider myself an ok boxer. I've 5 boxed Wrath and most Cata 5-man content when it was current. Nothing cutting edge, but I know which end is the pointy end.

I saw Krusch's videos, I wasn't sure if it would translate as well when driving everyone across multiple roles. Guess the best way to find out will be to see how far I can get with just a tank and heals and go from there.

Thanks for the reply Mirai!

I've had a moderate amount of success with 5x hunters. It's fun but also kind of stressful.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

tank/heal only should work out for most of them, I cant imagine it working well in siege (third and last boss)/gate(first and last boss)/stormstout(last boss) but silver might be in when you do the rest of the dungeon well
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 09-06-2014 at 04:27 AM

I would say first and foremost you would need to be familiar with the challenge modes themselves. If you cannot man handle the heroic versions, just not going to happen.

Very realistic IMO.

I have a team that is basically all LFR / Flex geared and I run this comp which has next to no AOE CC.

WAR - Prot
    SHM - Resto
    Hunter - Marks * 3

I've been trying my hand at them since this weekend. Did Mogu'shan palace three times and managed to snag bronze. Just missed silver because I wiped twice. Not bad for three CM attempts!

Once I mix flasks + pots + invis pots into the mix I should be able to get silver easy on this one. I read that Mogu'shan is considered one of the harder ones because of the damage the trash packs do. Weaponsmaster is a joke if you save enough cooldowns for him. I save bloodlust for that fight as the room traps will get you if you take too long on it.

I should note what I'm doing to get along.

Marks has pretty weak AoE damage but really strong single target damage. So I'm doing about 70k average single target with marks *3. I just trap a couple of mobs in the usual trash packs so they don't global my tank. Then for the heavy hitters / armor crunchers I run a stun chain 3* intimidate, 1* shockwave to keep them locked down most of the time. My tank on my bronze run didn't use a single defensive cooldown until Gekkan.

I wiped because I didn't invis my way to Gekkan and wound up pulling the patrol in the doorway with the two hexers.

The other time I wiped was just a stupid latency issue where had a target, then swapped the target but the assist FTL didn't pick up the new target when I clicked it. Sometimes it will grab the old target. I just attribute it to latency if you do it too fast. It broke a CC and then I wiped.

I may try my hand at Wyvern's sting here soon to see if that is a better option than freezing trap. From what I understand though, gold is out of the question unless you AE the packs down. But I wanna see how far I can get with a single target approach. I'm not 100% convinced it matters.
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 09-07-2014 at 11:24 PM Reason: More information

Another update on my progress:

I've found that getting silver is easy but gold is not easy. I kinda expected that seeing how others get gold. You have no real shot besides having a cheese mechanic combo like shadowfury and remorseless winter. Mobs do absolutely need to be AE'd down, especially in palace as that jump from the zone in to the first boss has to be done in like a minute ( including activating the boss ) or you won't get gold.

I've also been plagued by packet loss across the entire ISP for days now and it always happens in the PM when I have the time to devote to this. It makes these impossible.

Again I wish I had done these instead of LFR for so long but ah well. I don't think my current class comp can do these. My advice to anyone trying to squeeze these in - get as much AE stunnage as you can. They make it possible.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12025052436#1

-.-

anyway I'm glad you enjoy the challenge as I did I'll try to 5 box the cm's in wod with tank +4 shaman dps but pretty late into the expansion as I wont have much time available the first few month, just hope there are not too many anti boxer encounter
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 09-14-2014 at 05:15 PM

They fixed the packet loss problem for all of us but I decided I'm going to do WoD solo. I managed gold on my CM runs in a matter of days solo so I'm thinking boxing is just making it so I get less done with every expansion.

Also I read that they're clipping /follow in more areas now such as the Ashran PvP zones. This is going to make boxing actually difficult even when you aren't out actively PvPing.

Anywho I wish you all luck with boxing WoD and doing these CMs. I found them to be a lot of fun even playing solo. They'll be my focus come WoD ( single boxing ).