Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default ATG Join/Leave not working for named wow macros?

So, I've beaten my head against the search wall for about an hour and while I've learned a few things, I'm no closer to understanding why this doesn't work.

My Setup:

* 5 monks, 4 ATGs
    * All monks in "Monks" ATG
    * Monk 1 also in MonkTank (default ATG)
    * Monks 2-4 also in MonkDPS (default ATG)
    * Monk 5 also in MonkHeal (default ATG)
    * Mapped key CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F1 that does a leave DPS/Heal on 2-5 and joins them to MonkTank (and vice versa on CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F2)
    * Mapped key "V" that calls (a bunch of stuff plus) mapped key "Monk4step" that calls named wow macros Monks1 through Monks4 in a 4-step. Target of the mapped key is "Group (all of): Monks" (also behaves the same when target is "All: w/current").
    * Monks1:
    Code:
    !if (character in "MonkTank") /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat Keg Smash, Keg Smash, Expel Harm
    !if (character in "MonkHeal") /castsequence [@targettarget][@{SLOT1}][] reset=15 renewing mist, null
    * Monks2:
    Code:
    !if (character in "MonkTank") /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 Tiger Palm, Guard, null
    !if (character in "MonkDPS") /castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 Expel Harm, Tiger Palm, null
    !if (character in "MonkHeal") /castsequence [nochanneling, stance:2] reset=15 Expel Harm, Tiger Palm, null; [stance:2, @targettarget] renewing mist, null
    * Monks3:
    Code:
    !if (character in "MonkTank") /castsequence [nochanneling] Breath of Fire, Blackout Kick
    !if (character in "MonkDPS") /cast [nochanneling] Blackout Kick
    !if (character in "MonkHeal") /cast [nochanneling] Blackout Kick
    * Monks4:
    Code:
    !if (character in "MonkTank") /cast [nochanneling] Jab
    !if (character in "MonkDPS") /cast [nochanneling] Jab
    !if (character in "MonkHeal") /cast [nochanneling] Jab
    Now, here's the rub. If I have the above monks in the stated ATGs by default in the ISBoxer GUI PRIOR TO EXPORT, the DPS/Heals never run the MonkTank castsequences. EVEN THOUGH I'm moving them into the ATG later via a join ATG action, which results in the console command:
    Code:
    echo "...MonkTank..."
    relay "MonkTank" echo \${ISBoxerCharacter}"
    showing:
    Code:
    ...MonkTank...
    Hayalet-Garona
    Paradiba-Garona
    Maqui-Garona
    Haugbui-Garona
    Fantazma-Garona
    However, if I put all the monks in the MonkTank ATG as well as their individual ATGs prior to export, then they work properly. So, for now, I believe it's working, though I'm clearly at a loss as to why the join/leave only functions if the character is in that ATG to begin with regardless of join/leave states. I presume this means that ATG assignments within the Toolkit GUI simply enables them to be added to that ATG via join/leave, which means you must do both (enable in GUI and join to ATG action on charset load) for the mapped keys to operate correctly. Is this intended behavior?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

WoW Macros are generated when you Export, based on the ATGs selected at that time. The WoW Macro cannot be modified during gameplay. Joining/leaving an Action Target Group on the fly is solely going to affect the Target of an Action and cannot affect the content of the WoW Macro.

Have you considered checking out the Pro Config style? This is one of its basic features. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Style:MMO_-_Pro
    With this style of configuration, you set up a list of behaviors for each spec or role in a different Key Map. So for my paladin team I have Holy Paladin, Prot Paladin, and Ret Paladin key maps. Each of them has a Mapped Key for what to do for DPS, Stun, Interrupt, or whatever other buttons I want, which is easy to define for every class and spec. If I want to switch one to a different spec, as far as ISBoxer is concerned it's just a matter of using a different Key Map, in this case by using a single Mapped Key Virtualization Action to do the adjustment while playing.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I had the same headache not too long ago

I wound up just making rotation keys specific to each spec in my class keymaps and have them all sent to the client at export then tell isboxer which one to run by disabling or enabling them. Obviously this would be a bit more complicated if you are running same class / different spec group makeups. I run different classes so it is a smaller footprint. I only needed this for my warrior who acts as dps and tank.

Yeah, I've been seeing the pro setup thing around. GAH! I have a lot of stuff set up and Just Working(tm) so I've been resisting change due to complexity inertia. :P

[edit] Argh. Just found the rest of the guide. Let me go digest that a bit.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-04-2014 at 02:50 AM

yeah I too am looking at the pro set up... watched the video last night at 4:30 AM after work... Joe the multiboxer guy is the new Mirai it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltanker View Post
    yeah I too am looking at the pro set up... watched the video last night at 4:30 AM after work... Joe the multiboxer guy is the new Mirai it seems.
    Joe the Multiboxer is me actually

MiRai is definitely the new MiRai. New videos soon
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    MiRai is definitely the new MiRai. New videos soon
    Soon™
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Finally got things mostly working again with the Pro setup. Not immediately intuitive, but if you carefully read ALL of the documentation, it does eventually start making sense. Documenting features is sooooooo under-appreciated. Next I'll work on all the ATG on-the-fly movement once I've had some sleep.

Some feedback:

• It would be helpful for the wizard to add the "Virtual Mapped Keys" entries for each keymap in each character since it already knows what ATGs and keymaps you're creating. Easier to delete ones you don't need than add 'em all after-the-fact.
    • Also, I'd find it helpful to populate the named macros into the Game Helper tree-view in the top-left pane like the other sub-items are so you could drag-and-drop named macros into the step actions list to add them without clicking through all those drop-downs. Or is there another easier method that I'm missing?

Blog Entries

Ugh you probably won't want to use ATGs at all anymore, just switch the virtual keymaps. I only use one active ATG in my setup (for interrupting).

say your basic dps macros are macros A, B, C tank is T, and healer is H. ALL TOONS load the full set of ABCTH macros

Healer Keymap

Dps triggers HABC

Tank keymap

Dps key triggers TABC

Dps keymap

dps key triggers macros ABC

All you have to do is then make a key that changes the virtualization from the healer keymap to the dps keymap as shown in

http://www.dual-boxing.com/content/1...ecs-like-a-Pro

Just don't use the role swapping macros because you aren't actually changing roles.

Just for fun my macros for mistweaving and brewmastering are (never got WW finished)

Mistweaver (All one step, everything fires in order of priority:

Expel Harm

Mist rotation 2 /castsequence [harm][@targettarget,harm] chi wave,tiger palm, jab, blackout kick, jab

Mana Tea

Crackling Jade Lightning (disabled in intense healing situations)

Jab

Chi Brew

Brewmaster

Chi wave focus /cast [@focus, exists, help][] Chi Wave

Tankone /castsequence reset=combat Keg Smash, Purifying Brew, Keg Smash, Expel Harm

tanktwo /castsequence reset=target Tiger Palm, Guard, blackout kick, chi wave, null

tank3 /castsequence Breath of Fire, Blackout Kick

Jab
    Last edited by MiRai : 09-05-2014 at 06:45 PM Reason: Merged