Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default EverQuest: The Darkened Sea - Nov. 11, 2014

257248.jpg

EverQuest: The Darkened Sea will be available to purchase on November 11, 2014, and it's free to play. Early access for All-Access members starting on October 28, 2014.

The Darkened Sea is the 21st EverQuest expansion and pays tribute to a previous expansion pack, The Buried Sea, with its storyline and characters. In this expansion, your multiboxing team can travel to the city of Katta Castrum to find Firiona Vie, rescue Tsaph, and foil the evil plans of Lanys.

Features in The Darkened Sea include:

• Level your multiboxing team up to 105
    • Eight zones to explore: two re-imaged ones and six completely new zones
    • The new Mount Key Ring will free up inventory space and allow you to store all of your mounts in one location
    • Brand new spells, AAs, and special items
    • Adaptive loot system will learn what items your team members always want to loot and which you like to leave behind
    • Exciting new quests, missions, and raids
    • Much, much more...

Is your multiboxing team ready to do some underwater exploration in the new zones? Beta testing for The Darkened Sea is predicted to begin soon!

Read more about the upcoming expansion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Binzyrd View Post
    The Darkened Sea is the 21st EverQuest expansion
    This is why I laugh when people talk about how WoW is dying. >_>
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    This is why I laugh when people talk about how WoW is dying. >_>
    I know, right.

If anything it'll go free to play and probably live longer than some of its playerbase. I don't believe for a second that Blizzard would ever let WoW die.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegethy View Post
    I know, right.

If anything it'll go free to play and probably live longer than some of its playerbase. I don't believe for a second that Blizzard would ever let WoW die.
    I thought it already was F2P, with and AllAccess option, just like EQ2.

EverQuest: The Darkened Sea will be available to purchase on November 11, 2014, and it's free to play. Early access for All-Access members starting on October 28, 2014.
    *coffee* Like that.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

EverQuest: The Darkened Sea will be ... free to play.
    How is this any different than how things are now, or have been in the past, since F2P was introduced?
    I wonder if RoF (and maybe CotF) will become included in F2P after this comes out. (currently you can play up through VoA (exp #18) without paying anything)

Blog Entries

The expansions cost something, unless you play on 'Test Server' in which case you get everything for free.
    You can pay for a 'Gold Subscription', for added benefits; again free, if you play on 'Test'.

There are perks for purchase.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

What's the AA situation like now?

I went back to EQ in 2011 for a year or so. I had to get thousands of AA's. Most of it was quick, but still. To me, that's always been the biggest turnoff for playing EQ. I wish they would just give everyone the older abilities and reset them to something more reasonable. Even if it's just a "mental" thing.

Blog Entries

The last I played, on 'Test' you had the option of checking a box which gave you every possible AA for your race/class/level combination.
    As you leveled up, and gained the level requirement for a new AA, your character automatically learnt it.

Not sure if that is still the case, as I haven't played EQ I in a while.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Theres an auto grant system for AAs now. Covers AAs up to..... Underfoot expac maybe? Ends up being around 4kish AAs total.

More like 5k, over 5k for hybrids. And the new expansion will move the auto-grant AAs up through HoT, so add another 1000-1500. Note that only a paying account can get the auto-grant AAs. And F2P is capped at 1000 AAs, unless you buy AA cap unlockers.

Tat