Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Swiftyboxing

Default Swiftyboxing

Swifty has been trying to get set up multiboxing -- http://www.twitch.tv/swifty. He's also been peeking at the dual-boxing.com forums so let's discuss.

I caught a few minutes last night where he showed his ISBoxer configuration, and I was immediately sadface "Unknown-Always On" has all of his Mapped Keys. Two things about that -- 1. this would suggest that during the Quick Setup Wizard the second time around (after the original "Always On" was already set up) he didn't pick World of Warcraft on the first page (picking WoW would have prefixed it with WoW instead of Unknown from picking Other) and may be missing ISBoxer's default macros and WoW follow/assist/interact, and 2. you really want to be able to turn off your custom hotkeys for the ability to, say, type.

I would really suggest to clear that out (File, Clear), update ISBoxer to today's build (Help, About ISBoxer), and then use the Quick Setup Wizard again. Then re-add the custom mappings using the Mapped Key Wizard, but put them in either Combat or Non-combat instead of Always On. The hotkeys toggle (Shift+Alt+M) will toggle them off when needed. Only put things in Always On that you'd never want to disable, usually keys that include modifiers so you're not prevented from typing in chat, etc.

There was a part where I watched Swifty trying to figure out how to set up IWT with the caster (ranged?) step-back to stop moving. This should take like 10 seconds to set up (see below), but to simplify it more today's new build of ISBoxer (41.9.0902.1) now includes a Face Toward Target mapping under Non-combat. All you have to do is give it a Hotkey. (WoW only)

Here's how I quickly set up this key for testing. Right click "Interact with Target" in the Non-combat Key Map and select Make Copy. Rename the copy if you want, but give it a different Hotkey than the original. But expand it and select Step 2, right click Actions and select New Keystroke Action. Set the Target to "Window: All w/o Current", and the Key Combination to "S" (basically any movement button that would interrupt auto-follow or IWT movement). That's really it. But again, now this is generated by the Quick Setup Wizard as "Face Toward Target"

I didn't catch what else he was struggling with, but to me the "Unknown-Always On" thing is pretty glaring. Feel free to post
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I messaged him on Twitch to offer my assistance. I assume he gets lots of messages, but you never know if it'll get read. Worth a try.

i just wonnted to add his doing it on beta he can not get the addon to work his doing it all with target macrios ingame.

its kinda fail to watch he was doing it for a good 6 hours i keep going in even went in beta to say hi but as always his so up him self he does not even read wow chat.

but as he is loved by so many even wow devs this could be a good thing with them thinking about follow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post

but as he is loved by so many even wow devs this could be a good thing with them thinking about follow.
    I'd prefer they never think about follow at all lest they think a little too hard and take it away.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I'd prefer they never think about follow at all lest they think a little too hard and take it away.
    when asked in twitter they said "thinking about it" but just saying if all the players love him so much a lot will change there mind on what a lot still think is bad for the game.

I wonder what the risk is for swifty, in as much as he has also championed at times being prepared and his crew's foe and gotten a lot of geeks to rally on that.

I assume he gets overwhelmed by the complexity of isboxer at some point and hits a time to cost issue. He cannot exactly afford to nolife his gaming time tooling his setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    i just wonnted to add his doing it on beta he can not get the addon to work his doing it all with target macrios ingame.

its kinda fail to watch he was doing it for a good 6 hours i keep going in even went in beta to say hi but as always his so up him self he does not even read wow chat.
    Okay, that makes some sense then, thanks. I'll have to see what I can do about supporting the current beta phase
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

ISBoxer 41.9.0902.2 is now up, and available via Help->About ISBoxer. This build adds full support for ISBoxer Addon in the Warlords of Draenor beta (6.0.2), including the correct .toc file version.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

i jumped in radcall with Swifty yesterday to help.
    Explained a bit to him.
    One of the biggest problems was he created all straight broadcast keymaps without assist and then made assist macros to everything in game.
    Hes going to start again now he knows a bit more.
    I have made him aware of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by widdle View Post
    i jumped in radcall with Swifty yesterday to help.
    Explained a bit to him.
    One of the biggest problems was he created all straight broadcast keymaps without assist and then made assist macros to everything in game.
    Hes going to start again now he knows a bit more.
    I have made him aware of this thread.
    like i said the assist macros even if he did them would not of worked as the addon was unsupported on beta i been beta boxing its not not as easy as live. i tryed to talk to him on beta as i am boxing beta but no luck, anyway hope he sorts it out.