Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Disconnect Issues while Multiboxing After DDoS.

Anyone else in the US have disconnect issues while multiboxing after the DDoS issues from a bit more than a week ago?

I know of several other boxers who keep getting disconnected from the game.

We have a thread on the technical support forums at:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14058726957

Do any EU boxers have issues with this? Also this might be a 10+ boxer thing or do any 3-5 boxers have the disconnect problems too?

My issue is that I can't do old raids, take dungeon/raid/instance portals and hearth and take portals to locations without my toons getting disconnected. Also any heavy activity like pulling lots of trash or fighting a boss inside an instance/dungeon or raid will disconnect me.

I haven't had any issues with world pvp or killing outdoor bosses like galleon or Sha of Fear. I have only fought about 10 people outside firelands since this started so not sure if a larger scale world pvp fight would disconnect me.

Doesn't look like latency is a factor in this i don't have high latency before or after the disconnect.

I was able to talk to a blizzard rep and this is what he told me after exhausting their troubleshooting manual:

(Not easy since their support site has had issues for days with attachments so I had to open a ticket and then add attachments after.)

Sorry for the text spacing It didn't export very well from my PDF...

Servotas - Okay, then I hate to say this, it looks like right now multi-boxing may be causing this . It's possible the ISPs are protecting against the DDoS attacks , or we've taken steps on our end that are also causing this. I can only say to report this on the forums , as it has already been reported. Then development and technicians can look into this further.

Servotas - But I cannot say how long it could take. = (

you - yea I've tried just about everything.

Servotas - Sounds that way, you've gone through everything that we can help troubleshoot at this point. = (

Servotas - If playing a single character does not disconnect, I can only see it as the multiboxing right now.

Servotas - Which again isn't against t the terms of use, just looks like s om e protection has caused this issue, but just post on the forums , hopefully things will change soon. But did you need anything else right now? Or did you have any other questions ?

you - well I see others have the issues with m ore than one wow player in a household

you - where only one of them can play at a time

you - I posted on the forum s about it in a thread directed towards multiboxers

you - http://us .battle.net/wow/en/forum /topic/14058726957

Servotas - This was around the same time that the Battle.net App became mandatory, it could also have something to do with that.

you - yea. I have issues with slow logins too

you - I launch the game directly from wow64.exe

Servotas - You may try launching from the Battle.net app instead, really we've gone through all the troubles hooting that is available. Some of these steps have helped other multi-boxers in the last few days. You may also try logging in one character, then gradually increase how many you log in with to see the potential limit.

Servotas at 21:34:28 - And again, post on the forums , so development can know about this issue too. But beyond these steps , we've recommended there's no further troubleshooting on your end that we can recommend.

you - I'll try that thanks.

you - I do know that it worked for a few hours one day

you - then it came back

you - This Friday I was able to play normally for a few hours then it came back and started to disconnect my toons

Servotas at 21:36:37 - Yeah, I was informed that it's your ISP possibly blocking Blizzard's multiple connections because of the DDoS, but I couldn't recommend contacting them, their support may not know what their higher level technicians are doing either about this. Could also be something that we've done on our ends. That's why I recommend the forums

you - okay thanks for all the help. Hopefully this will get solved soon…

Not really sure what to do at this point other than wait for blizzard to fix it and test it every few days...

Have any other boxers with this issue had success or solved this issue.

I've done just about everything you can do to troubleshoot an issue like this.

All I know is that it started after the DDoS attacks...
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-02-2014 at 07:23 AM Reason: format

I had a possibly similar issue. Here is my post in a thread full of them on the Blizzard forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...12?page=11#219

Basically I'd get 1+ accounts instantly disconnected when opening the Mount/Pet window. Someone posted a workaround command that worked for my issue
    /run C_PetJournal.SetFlagFilter(LE_PET_JOURNAL_FLAG_NOT _COLLECTED, false)
    .. but unless you were opening the mount/pet window I don't think that helps. Sounds like similar issues though
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I didn't have the mount/pet window disconnect issue.

I also heard some people couldn't alt tab.

Hopefully, if enough of us complain they will look into the disconnect issues that started after the DDoS. I dont think it is addons or in game settings. Its something blizzard has done/changed to defend against DDoS. It could also be something an ISP has implemented on our path to the blizzard servers.

Well I have an update to my original post.

I tried using a Proxy/VPN service and set it to Texas and I can now play the game once again without being disconnected.

The service I'm trying out is called WTFast and its a free for 30 days(don't have to enter payment info or anything). To any of you boxing a 10+ toons and have had disconnect issues since the DDoS give it a try and see if it solves your issues.

Obviously these services are hit or miss and can either help or hurt(generally hurt) your latency and connection to the game. It raised my latency from 80-90 to 95-110.

I found it on this thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14058226328

Here is my response on the thread:
    I do not have the mount/character not found issue but I tried using WTFast this and I think it has solved my issue!

Please lets give this thread more attention!

I'm a 15 boxer and i have been unable to play since the DDoS. Whenever I attempted to enter old raids or pull trash or even take portals to say Dalaran or Orgrimmar I'm disconnected on 4 to all 15 of my toons at random, instantly.

I live in WV and when I use my normal connection or use WTFast proxy and set it to Chicago I disconnect when I use that to connect to the game. Chicago gives me the best ping so its probably also the path to where my ISP routes traffic to get to the LA datacenters.

I tested changing WTFast to a hub in Texas and I can log in much faster and I Don't disconnect when I pull trash, take portals, or engage bosses.

This is a not an optimal solution as I can know play but it does raise my ping 10-40 more. I also shouldn't have to use a proxy/VPN service to stay connected to this game...

I'm playing on the Blackrock server which is on the LA datacenter.

Its looking like there is an issue with our path to the LA datacenter or an issue on blizzards system side or ISP problems.

Here is my tracert:

Tracing route to 12.129.209.68 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
    2 8 ms 10 ms 8 ms 10.227.0.1
    3 13 ms 8 ms 9 ms 173-219-252-2-link.sta.suddenlink.net [173.219.252.2]
    4 11 ms 9 ms 8 ms 173-219-252-208-link.sta.suddenlink.net [173.219.252.208]
    5 26 ms 25 ms 25 ms 173-219-252-188-link.sta.suddenlink.net [173.219.252.188]
    6 26 ms 33 ms 27 ms 66-76-232-41.tyrd.suddenlink.net [66.76.232.41]
    7 27 ms 32 ms 27 ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [213.248.71.45]
    8 28 ms 47 ms 28 ms att-ic-155020-chi-b21.c.telia.net [213.248.87.254]
    9 81 ms 83 ms 81 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.133.34]
    10 81 ms 83 ms 83 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
    11 86 ms 85 ms 84 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
    12 87 ms 86 ms 84 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
    13 242 ms 124 ms 83 ms gar5.lsrca.ip.att.net [12.122.85.33]
    14 85 ms 81 ms 80 ms 12-122-254-226.attens.net [12.122.254.226]
    15 80 ms 81 ms 80 ms 206.16.68.42
    16 83 ms 84 ms 83 ms paxonix-placeholder.lax1.attens.net [12.129.248.118]
    17 82 ms 82 ms 81 ms 12.129.209.68

Trace complete.
    Let me know if this has also helped you with connection issues that started since the DDoS
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-03-2014 at 08:56 AM Reason: wall of text