Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 41

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    I have an alliance guild on Mag called <the Multiboxer> lol. Mag's kind of dead though
    Well, unless someone comes up with a better idea...

I'm playing 5 Alliance DKs on Magtheridon for the moment, your guild might be an okay counter to The Zerg. If people join us, it won't be kind of dead anymore?
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Timezone issues, drat!

Here's some resources that might help guide us in the right direction or rule out some realms.

http://wowpedia.org/Connected_Realms - new "battlegroups" http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13086679084
    http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us
    http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
    http://www.wowuction.com/Global

MiRai was trying to convince me that Archimonde might be a good idea due to a possibly decent economy, but the overall data seem to point at Magtheridon as a better choice so far. Setting up a guild on both sides is also more difficult than setting up an Alliance guild to oppose the existing Horde guild, and I think there's a good chance that WoD will bring back more of the players in The Zerg as well. (Assuming Blizzard doesn't screw us over for PVP this expansion.)

I've pretty much just rolled DKs to get my foot in the door on Magtheridon Alliance in case this is where we end up. Totally open to any debate
    Last edited by Lax : 09-08-2014 at 11:41 PM Reason: added new link
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

I'm horde on Mag.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

I think that if WoD brings back the Zerg (Tiny) - I would have to rethink my horde faction teams...

But - for now I have guildless noobs (A) to annoy and farm.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Frostmourne *cough*

although we have too many alliance mboxers, dont see many horde

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    We could always pick a server like this with an existing multiboxing guild and create a new guild (or take over an existing 25) of the opposite faction. The Zerg is Horde, we could make world PVP interesting by going Alliance.
    Lax, I think it is a great idea to try to consolidate multiboxers into a place where we can enjoy our little hobby together. However, I'm not sure I understand the idea of trying to move people onto the opposite faction of an established community. That eliminates almost all the benefits of coordinating in the first place in my mind. Then again, I have always been far more interested in PvE than PVP, where cross faction anything is pretty much disabled.

But even in PvP, wouldn't it be better to be able to group up and do things together rather than trying to coordinate boxer vs boxer competitions, especially in world PvP where random other players would be joining in, typically giving one side or the other a huge advantage?

In a very unscientific analysis of looking at all the posters here and what realm/factions people are on, it seems like maybe 2/3 are playing horde. I'm even considering faction changing my team(s) to be able to group up with more boxers, so I was especially surprised to see the suggestion of going alliance on Mag where horde is more established.

That's my 2 cents.
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Lax, I think it is a great idea to try to consolidate multiboxers into a place where we can enjoy our little hobby together. However, I'm not sure I understand the idea of trying to move people onto the opposite faction of an established community. That eliminates almost all the benefits of coordinating in the first place in my mind. Then again, I have always been far more interested in PvE than PVP, where cross faction anything is pretty much disabled.
    PVE-wise sure it might be beneficial for people to be on the same realm + faction, but that tends to happen on its own anyway, and you can really only play with so many multiboxers at a time that way as it is. Like, 2 5-boxers is already a full 10-man raid.

For PVP -- world PVP in particular, including Ashran -- I would find it far more interesting to run into multiboxers to fight than other random players. Factions are not particularly important for the wargame tournaments (the real competitions I'm interested in) I hope we can do during WoD, and I would like people to generally be able to join the side they want instead of being forced to one or the other. I'm personally going Alliance instead of Horde, specifically opposite an established multiboxing guild, because I think people will enjoy joining me (they might not otherwise want to join the underdog side), being part of the rivalry, etc. I've played on PVP servers as a multiboxer and I really think this would add to the experience -- I've only managed to find a multiboxer in world PVP like 2 times. I also think the rivalry could be interesting to follow not only for players within the game fighting alongside us, but also on streams, videos and forums, which is what dual-boxing.com is all about. And I think it will play nicely to the "dual" nature of the site

I'm not suggesting that everyone go Alliance. I think just as many people would love to go Horde just for the chance to kill me and whoever joins the side I'm on!

TL;DR PVE is going to happen on its own as always. PVP needs a little TLC and I think this is a good shot
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Well, I mainly suggested Archimonde because I like the server's name (I know, I know... ), it's in the Chicago datacenter, and it actually used to be home to some multiboxers back in the day, but it's unlikely it'll have a semi-decent economy until WoD merges both AHs together; and while it has been connected to a handful of other servers, I'd still consider it sort of a ghost town when comparing it to any of the highly populated servers.

For me, it's always difficult to choose a realm because I want it all: Economy, playerbase, ability to PUG anything, and balanced world PvP. However, most players have jumped onto the mega-servers and continue to bloat their population while the other servers dwindle, and the problem with these mega-servers is that they're all one-sided in terms of faction balance... all of them. When playing solo, one-sided mega-servers are desirable because there are so many players on your faction that the economy is phenomenal and you can PUG literally anything that you want at almost any hour of the day. However, if you're looking for world PvP on these mega-servers it's usually lacking once you reach the current expansion's content. For example, you can play Horde on a server like Illidan, Mal'ganis, or Stormreaver (just to name a few) to gain access to its great economy, ability to PUG anything both PvE or PvP, and see lots of world PvP action all the way up until you hit level 85, but once you hit Pandaria CRZ is disabled and all you're going to see at that point are Horde players.

I imagine that I'm going to re-RaF'ing in the near future, so I'll probably just jump on Magtheridon, as well as a few other servers when I do.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I wouldn't mind Archimonde I have some old Everquest friends there. Although there are many perks to having a heavily populated server. There isn't allot of world lag in low to medium servers. In unbalanced Realms the Battleground Que times are way shorter for the team that is the underdog numbers wise. I'm not a big PvP'er but I've heard allot in Guild Chat that Alliance has been beating horde handily for quite some time in Magtherion.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"