Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Default Help me choose a realm to prepare for WoD + community events

Hey guys, I'm going start a fresh team and/or move one of my existing teams somewhere to prepare for Warlords of Draenor. I'm planning on trying to run multiboxing community events (such as multiboxer wargame tournaments, assuming Blizzard delivers on spectator mode), and probably working on convincing the other mods here to help as well. It would be cool for many of you to join us in the fun.

So I want your input on what our answer should be when someone says "hey what realm should I join to play with other multiboxers?"

Ideally I would like to have guilds on both horde and alliance of the same realm, so each person can play whichever side they enjoy. I'm not sure how much the horde/alliance balance will really matter as far as multiboxing goes.

Suggest away, what realm (connected realms, battlegroup, etc?) should we gravitate toward, and why? (Aside from "I am personally already on this realm.") PVP or PVE? PVP realms can be as much a curse as a blessing, and Ashran is where it's at this expansion anyway right?
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

I don't know about everyone else, but if I do play in WOD, it will be solely dependent on if multiboxing functionalities are enabled in Ashran. I also wonder if it will be possible to to cross-realm events with the zone with groups.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Been awhile since I played WoW, is there no cross-realm support? What about cross-faction guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but if I do play in WOD, it will be solely dependent on if multiboxing functionalities are enabled in Ashran. I also wonder if it will be possible to to cross-realm events with the zone with groups.
    Ashran is a world PVP zone and we have no indication that they plan to disable follow anywhere other than battleground instances. Arenas and world PVP (including Ashran) all have follow. Ashran is also supposed to be cross-realm, but I can't really tell you if there's "other raid groups" for it for example..

Been awhile since I played WoW, is there no cross-realm support? What about cross-faction guilds?
    Some realms are connected. http://wowpedia.org/Connected_Realms

In order to participate in wargame tournaments you must be targetable, so connected realms and cross-faction are OK there.
    Last edited by Lax : 08-30-2014 at 03:51 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    Ashran is a world PVP zone and we have no indication that they plan to disable follow anywhere other than battleground instances. Arenas and world PVP (including Ashran) all have follow. Ashran is also supposed to be cross-realm, but I can't really tell you if there's "other raid groups" for it for example..
    not 100% true there "Still thinking about it"

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/500422059688615936

The beta realm do not have crz support (from server to server) so there noway to test if the zone will be crz but the zone is supported unlike tol/wg. And ofc there using it to stop ally/horde having the upper hand you do make your own groups there.
    Last edited by ebony : 08-30-2014 at 06:45 PM

Blog Entries

I have a couple teams on Stormreaver Horde US PVP server.
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I know there are still a few multiboxers on Magtheridon, I even saw someone from the Zerg a couple days ago - was pretty stoked. All in all, I'd say that for the most case with xrealm capabilities being what they are - server choice doesn't really matter as much any more.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    All in all, I'd say that for the most case with xrealm capabilities being what they are - server choice doesn't really matter as much any more.
    Well again, in order to invite to wargames you must be targetable, which I believe limits you to the specifically connected realms. If there's a practical way to do this on a larger scale then maybe.

I know there are still a few multiboxers on Magtheridon, I even saw someone from the Zerg a couple days ago - was pretty stoked.
    We could always pick a server like this with an existing multiboxing guild and create a new guild (or take over an existing 25) of the opposite faction. The Zerg is Horde, we could make world PVP interesting by going Alliance.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer

Guild levels are getting removed in 6.0, so don't pay to much gold for a 25 guild.

I have an alliance guild on Mag called <the Multiboxer> lol. Mag's kind of dead though
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!