Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Newbie boxing setups

So, I am currently sitting on some newbie accounts:

My main, in a drake, but with a lot of training needed.
    My second, in training for freighter and doing decent job salvaging atm
    My third, freighter (training for some extra stuff another 2 weeks or so)

3x trial accounts training for mining
    2x trial accounts training some basic flying skills

My questions is that I would love some advice for what to go for - I really don't want to scale to 20 accounts, at least not as a start - so my question is - is there a nice 3-5 box setup I should go for?

I am newish to EVE, and all in hi-sec - any advice on setups much appreciated.
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

If you're high sec mining, you'll want an orca, a freighter, and the rest in barges. Skiffs are the goal; very unlikely to be ganked, and their yield is only beat by the hulk and is the same as a mackinaws. when you mine use a neutral alt in an ibis and shoot at someone to bring concord to the belt. if concord leaves then you know gankers are active in the system and can act accordingly.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Thanks!

On Worms space and Cn type of things, how many accounts is a minimum to enter that?

Retired blog:

for wormhole space you only need 1 pilot for clearing up to c3 sites, if you want to get in on c4 sites i suggest training 5 characters into dominix, it can be done with low sp as soon as you can fit the required tank, after that its all about training drone skills to get dps up and running. I wouldnt recommend c5 sites for low sp characters.

Thanks, how much ISK/h can one get in C1-C3, and C4 resp?

Retired blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Alzuule View Post
    for wormhole space you only need 1 pilot for clearing up to c3 sites, if you want to get in on c4 sites i suggest training 5 characters into dominix, it can be done with low sp as soon as you can fit the required tank, after that its all about training drone skills to get dps up and running. I wouldnt recommend c5 sites for low sp characters.
    and sorry for the ignorance, but what size of drones would I be going for?

Retired blog:

not sure what you get from c3 but when i was doing 4 domis with t2 sentries in c4 then i got a little over 400m an hour as far as i remember. You would be going for sentry drones, they take a long time to get t2 but untill then faction drones work. C1 an C2 are not worth farming.

In regards WH farming it is correct that if your multiboxing it's not worth farming C1 and C2. C3 might be a good training grounds but you'll outgrow it quickly as your alts get more SP. Generally in a C3 you can make 40 mill every 10 minutes in a well fit Tengu since your main can fly a drake already it's less skill time to train. Warp to site, pop everything, bookmark the site and move on. The signature is removed from scanners so when your looting and salvaging you'll see probes so you can react accordingly. I would use your alts cloaked for eyes and ears on other WHs that are present. Once you can fit the proper 5x Domi setup I it would be time to move to a C4 with a C5 static if your working alone or join a larger WH corp in a C5. By then you'll have the opportunity to train your alts into 2x Moros, 2x Archon and 1x Loki. Maybe by then you could add a booster alt that can also salvage sites.