Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default New member - What's multi-boxing like in Rift?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and multi-boxing and am learning as much as I can before attempting to multi-box in Rift.

I've read a lot about how the "follow" command was diabled. How heavily does this impact PvP/PvE gameplay in Rift?

I am hoping to multi-box 5 clerics and level them through IAs and dungeons. Is this doable given that there's no more follow command?

How about dual-boxing in pvp? Is that possible? Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

I'd suggest against doing only clerics, because levelling takes much much longer than in wow and you might find yourself at 60 wanting to raid and having only one class to choose from. (Just speaking from personal experience)

PVE still has follow. Only warfronts don't.

Rift is the second best game for boxing (imo) after wow but it trails wow by a pretty big margin. You can definitely do IAs and quests, and can do dungeons if you are patient and experienced at boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I'd suggest against doing only clerics, because levelling takes much much longer than in wow and you might find yourself at 60 wanting to raid and having only one class to choose from. (Just speaking from personal experience)

PVE still has follow. Only warfronts don't.

Rift is the second best game for boxing (imo) after wow but it trails wow by a pretty big margin. You can definitely do IAs and quests, and can do dungeons if you are patient and experienced at boxing.
    Thanks for that tidbit of info. I hope you don't mind if I throw a few more questions your way, luxlunae:

1.) What group make-up would you suggest for multiboxing end-game 5man dungeons?

2.) Is it possible to multibox the endgame raids with a group of 10, and has anybody done this before?

3.) How hard is multibox pvp now that warfronts don't have follow?

Quote Originally Posted by bek2k1 View Post
    Thanks for that tidbit of info. I hope you don't mind if I throw a few more questions your way, luxlunae:

1.) What group make-up would you suggest for multiboxing end-game 5man dungeons?

2.) Is it possible to multibox the endgame raids with a group of 10, and has anybody done this before?

3.) How hard is multibox pvp now that warfronts don't have follow?
    ill do 3 after getting round follow in wow in bgs and i have played rift i can not think of a way. itw/ctm just does not work like wow theres no pets u can target and no 2player mounts. so i would say very hard. and before i left they said they removed it becouse off boxers and would ban me boxing there. i left the g
    ame before it went live.

Blog Entries

1&2) Afraid I can't answer for end game dungeons. I've done up to level 58 with 5 clerics (and I really wish it had been 4 clerics and a mage). Levelling dungeons are harder than wow heroics except some cata heroics, I wouldn't be eager to try and raid or do experts. The five mans are definitely a challenge and I appreciated it at the time but I'm going back to wow, rift just doesn't engage me long term.

Quote Originally Posted by bek2k1 View Post
    Yes
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

In my opinion, Rift lacks enough of the advanced macro capabilities that WoW has that I'd highly recommend ISBoxer if you choose to box it. The multi-step mapped keys make rotations really, really easy to get right.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    It's pretty good in Rift where every class can play any role (tank/heal/dps/support) and you can switch by just hitting a button. A class is not a one-trick pony in Rift, so you will not miss out on anything by having 5 clerics or 5 whatever. In fact, I would say it's very nice to level up five characters of the same class because it's so quick to choose the same quest rewards and equipping it on all characters at the same time.
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

Rift macros allow the "follow-through type" and many of the classes have just one macro to spam for really good DPS, with classes that have builder/follower like some warrior and rouge classes get just two macros to spam.

But then again some classes need a dozen keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Yep, I did this when I was playing Rift and TDQ was current raid content. See TenxFun on YouTube for videos.

Also, luxlunae pretty much nailed it overall. Rift is fun to box and a great alternative to WoW. However, WoW does beat it out imho.

If you DO play in Rift, I recommend IAs for most of your leveling adventure. (Instant Adventures)
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden