Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Miners in training, what ship to go for

I am semi new to EVE, and I want to try out a small mining operation - I am going for 3 miners, 1 booster and 1 freighter and this will be in high-sec (I got a production line running with some friends that make it worth it + I want to try it out).

The booster and freighter I have, the miners are 3 trial accounts in training.

Question is, what ship should I go for for the miners? Procurer, Retriever or Covetor?

Was thinking the Retriever, but the Covetor have an additional high-slot...?

actually, the mining yeild of the Covetor should make it a no brainer for this setup?
    Last edited by Khatovar : 08-25-2014 at 10:24 AM Reason: don't reply to your own posts. Edit to add more information.
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

it depends where youre mining tbh. if youre mining in hisec, covetors are the best way to go, but youll need to dedicate one character to hauling as youll be filling your toons extremely quickly.

in null sec, youll want to throw in procurers to your fleet as well because of the rats that spawn. procurers will be able to clear out the rats and tank them yourselves and if youre a bit slow and get caught by roamers, youll even be able to take out most small ships / fleets depending on how many ships you fly.

i personally fly covetors and use 1 ship to boost 1 ship to haul and 1 to overwatch to clear rats

All of the mining barges have the same skill requirements, so you can swap barge type as the situation calls for. I would say to use covetors/hulks, and set known ganking alliances to red. If they come in system, use a neutral alt to shoot yourself with an ibis and pull concord to your belt, and switch to procurers/skiffs. Don't forget to max tank your orca - DCU II, hull rigs, bulwark, etc.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.