Quote Originally Posted by lcampbell89 View Post
Anyone done much testing when it comes to the best fleet to use for C5 static farming? I am going to assume a 12 man fleet as it seems to be most common.

Gila x9 , Basi x 2, Booster x1
This is basically what I run.

8x Gilas, 2x Basi, 1x Vulture.

I use the vulture to give bonuses, salvage, and trigger on grid.

I use broadcasting in my current setup to recall all drones, and to assign all drones thru a repeater region.

Everything else is done manually.

Once the change hits, all I have to do is manually assist the drones, and manually recall the drones. This should be pretty easy and simply slow me down by 30 seconds or so per site (which with a runtime of ~15 minutes isn't that big a deal).

For pvp, I think we're gonna be better off with using artillery based doctrine's like I'd already planned.

Everyone locks stuff up, confirms they're locked, and then u volley. If you have enough numbers you can just call 2-3 targets at a time, and have people spam lock and arty on all of those without issue.

I would avoid ishtars or droneus because they do not offer comparable performance.

The ishtar can theoretically apply a bit more drone dps, but it's tank is extremely subpar - using active modules will not work as sleepers do neut heavily if you're unlucky in primary.

The droneus is better, and would be comparable as far as armor, however it lacks the ability to apply damage as well as the gila or ishtar - the gila uses medium drones, the proteus uses geckos. Said geckos do not have the tracking bonuses of the ishtar and thus fall woefully behind gila mediums.

The railguns are more annoying post patch, and if you insist on doing that, you can still put RLMLs on the Gilas for blapping frigs and cruisers for equivalent or better dps - all applied far better than the proteus.