Close
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Showing results 51 to 60 of 111

any of you wormhole folks ever used rattlesnakes? do they fare well in wh space?
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I used 5 pimped local tanked with RR cap chain snakes... it was OK but too expensive to really do

This has been really interesting to read in the past week.

So, it seems that if you have less than 5 accounts you should run RR Domis as your cheapest alternative to making isk with the goal in mind to push the total accounts to 12 running 9 DPS 2 Logi and 1 Booster. That way say a Guardian can lock up 10 pilots including the other Guardian for quick responses.

For those of you who know how much isk you can make in a C5 wh would it be better to save up the 20+ billion isk to field your own multiboxed fleet of capitals rather then trying to fund 12 accounts? In the mean time running say 5 RR Domis practicing and fine tuning isboxer till your able to field say 2 moros, 1 archon, 1 archon/off grid booster/salvager and 1 loki pilot? I know there is other efficient ways of running c5 wh but the above ships are the standard.

Or would you be able to make more isk running c5 sites with a sub capital fleet over time? Where is the break even point in comparison of running sites between subcaptials and running sites with capitals?

running anoms with 12 accounts in stuff like vexor navy issues + 2 logi and booster costs about 1.5b or something for all ships combined and easily nets you 1b/hour which means after 2 hours you are at a profit. Its also alot faster to get into seeing as cap escalations are quite skill intensive.

If you are going to use the 12 accounts for more then pve then go for it, and if you want to get into clearing c5 sites asap then the 12 accounts will get started alot faster. If you can wait then cap escalation crew only takes 4/5 characters which means less accounts to plex which means more money/less farming needed.

You can also consider saving up ISK from grinding C5 sites with subcaps to then buy cap pilots to grind C5 sites with caps. I'm using VNIs right now and the more time I look at EVEMon, the more I think I should just buy Moros/Carrier pilots and continue to train my VNI pilots into Ishtars. With the recent but to T2 hull insurance, Ishtars are looking mighty fine in my opinion. It's been a while since I looked at dedicated dread/carrier pilots, but 10-15b per pilot was ballpark if I recall correctly.

edit: I haven't spent TOO much time digging into C5 escalations, but I know I've read of guys running escalations with just 1 moros or nag with a good warp-in. So.. Buy 1 dread pilot, use it to buy a carrier pilot, buy another dread, buy another carrier, then buy MOAR DREADS.
    Last edited by gomeler : 09-12-2014 at 09:02 PM

For running C5 sites, I highly recommend you upgrade to Proteus instead of the Ishtars. The safety net of the 200k ehp buffer is worth the slight damage loss.

As for capital escalations... Someone will notice what you're doing and put a scan alt(s) into your system, and at some point you will be payed a visit while you're doing sites. It is inevitable. No amount of playing safe can prevent it--Even if you crit every hole into your system before you run sites, and then bubble them. I'm not saying that you won't make money in the meantime, I'm just saying that you have to accept that you will take losses doing escalations.

Soloing C5 sites with 20 characters nets me anywhere from 1-1.5b an hour depending on if someone from my corp made me warpins for the Strongholds and whether or not my three year old is running around Escalations are better isk/hour, but you're risking significantly more isk on the field to do so. Shrug.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    For running C5 sites, I highly recommend you upgrade to Proteus instead of the Ishtars. The safety net of the 200k ehp buffer is worth the slight damage loss.

As for capital escalations... Someone will notice what you're doing and put a scan alt(s) into your system, and at some point you will be payed a visit while you're doing sites. It is inevitable. No amount of playing safe can prevent it--Even if you crit every hole into your system before you run sites, and then bubble them. I'm not saying that you won't make money in the meantime, I'm just saying that you have to accept that you will take losses doing escalations.

Soloing C5 sites with 20 characters nets me anywhere from 1-1.5b an hour depending on if someone from my corp made me warpins for the Strongholds and whether or not my three year old is running around Escalations are better isk/hour, but you're risking significantly more isk on the field to do so. Shrug.
    I am sure someone will ask this but I'll be the first to ask. Is that 1-1.5b an hour per character or as a whole?

Has your droneus fit changed from the last time you posted in in this thread?

So currently I have 4 alts training for proteus. I have considered adding accounts next time new accounts are $99 for 12 months. This will give me 12 accounts. 9 proteus (Droneus), 2 guardians?, and 1 booster.

If you only had 12 accounts what would you suggest as a setup?

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    I am sure someone will ask this but I'll be the first to ask. Is that 1-1.5b an hour per character or as a whole?
    Thats Overall. 1.5b an hour each character x20 would be the most broken insane thing ever in EVE lol.

How do you only make 1-1.5b an hour with that many characters though? i clear 4-4½ sites an hour usually with 8 combat characters 1 link and 1 salvager which is atleast 950m an hour. are the diminishing returns really that bad?

I run 16 Proteus (same fit as posted), 2 Guardians, 1 Loki, and 1 Damnation. I used to salvage, but I find that I make better isk/hour by bookmarking the sites and letting corpmates clean up after me. So, each site is worth almost exactly 200m.

My site clear times are 7-10 minutes per, which yields an expected return of 1.2-1.7 billion an hour if there is no shenanigans and I can warp from site to site. If I salvaged, it would add 300-430 million per hour, but I'm not comfortable salvaging while running sites. That means it would add time at the end, which is almost assuredly going to drop the isk/hour--It'd be more efficient to just run more sites.

Alzuule, are you running a RR spider setup? So effectively 8 DPS ships? What's your fit? My Droneus do about 650 apiece with my mediocre gunnery skills, which comes out to about 10.4k dps. With all of the webs and target painters I have, it's applied really well. I don't know how I could speed my setup up any more without swapping to... Eos? Yeah, Eos would be pretty easy to crank out 1k dps per ship. 2 Geckos, 2 Augmented Hammerheads, 1 Augmented Hobgoblin plus T2 Rails is over 1k dps, applied even better than the Droneus do.

Edit:
    If I was running only 12 characters, I would probably just scale down what I'm doing now. The dream would be 9 Eos, 1 Loki, and 2 Guardians. Eos is a silly train into though.

What's great about my ship setup is that it translates into sudden pvp well. I don't have to swap mods out or move drones around at all.
    Last edited by Mosg2 : 09-13-2014 at 06:22 AM Reason: Adds! Handle them!
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."