Close
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 111

With the possibility of future restraints on incursions I thought of 10 x Legions, 2 x Guardians and 1 off grid booster. The fittings are as followed.

[Guardian incursion, Guardian]
    1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Imperial Navy Armor Thermic Hardener
    Imperial Navy Armor EM Hardener
    Centii C-Type Adaptive Nano Plating

Sensor Booster II, Scan Resolution Script

Large Remote Armor Repairer II
    Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter

Medium Ancillary Current Router II

[Legion incursion, Legion]
    Imperial Navy Heat Sink
    Imperial Navy Heat Sink
    Imperial Navy Heat Sink
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Armor Thermic Hardener II

Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
    Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Scorch M

Medium Energy Locus Coordinator II
    Medium Anti-EM Pump II

Legion Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
    Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers
    Legion Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
    Legion Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network
    Legion Defensive - Augmented Plating

I would swap scorch for navy multi since thy are in range. I also considered removing 1 web and adding another utility mod target painter, damp etc.

what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    With the possibility of future restraints on incursions I thought of 10 x Legions, 2 x Guardians and 1 off grid booster. The fittings are as followed.

[Guardian incursion, Guardian]
    Imperial Navy Armor Thermic Hardener
    Imperial Navy Armor EM Hardener

[Legion incursion, Legion]
    Imperial Navy Heat Sink
    Imperial Navy Heat Sink
    Imperial Navy Heat Sink
    Imperial Navy Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
    Armor Thermic Hardener II

Medium Anti-EM Pump II

Legion Engineering - Power Core Multiplier
    Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers
    Legion Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
    Legion Electronics - Tactical Targeting Network
    Legion Defensive - Augmented Plating

I would swap scorch for navy multi since thy are in range. I also considered removing 1 web and adding another utility mod target painter, damp etc.

what do you think?
    Speaking as someone who does solo vgs (and rarely assaults), don't waste your isk and skill queue time on t3s; they are too intensive on fitting reqs in general and usually have to motor out to the spawns. Depending on where you run, and how well skilled your characters are you can either rock a full fleet of tach nightmares plus 1 6/0 basi (if you have good dmg skills), or you can roll with 2 vindicators, 8 nms and 1 logi. Keep in mind that influence heavily influences your need or lack thereof for a second logi.

Shield is generally better for multiboxing in this case as you will get to the point where your limiting factor is both speed in warp and how quickly you can alpha everything in vgs at the spawn. The vindicator is a must if you are running into nco walls, due to the incredibly close spawn range (approx 35km) when compared to the 60-85 km spawns in the other two sites. Additionally, if you are in hisec, you need to be able to volley and not need to move off the warp in in order to get enough armor shots to out compete other fleets.

A competent multiboxer with decent character skills will almost always beat players in a contest unless he miss times armor shots or is lax on drones. Drone management can make or break a contest but is secondary to timing your vollies. I personally put my nm guns in groups of 2 and roll them through the target list simply because i know how much volley i get as a group.

When you multibox incursions, and assuming you are not in a contest, your target priority changes drastically. Instead of nuking the larger targets while you wait for the frigs to be webbed, generally speaking you kill off the quickest spawns (nation commander, tama, schmael, etc) before pot shotting the rest. In general, nothing in a nmc or ota should be able to get within 20km with decent skills, if you find that you have stuff escaping the alpha of your guns you will want at least 1 if not 2 vindies just to be certain your site times don't suffer.

As far as ammo is concerned: Navy gamma, MF are the du jour. You really do not need any other ammo types unless your skills are absolute crap. The t2 ammo is great but burns out too quickly to be worth much in the long run.

I was really looking for a cheaper alternative as that's a very expensive setup to multibox incursions for the first time. I'm sure later on when I have the isk skills trained up I'll probably have that kind of setup but right now I don't have that kind of isk for investment to lose it all in my first attempt.

Suggestions?

I was really looking for a cheaper alternative as that's a very expensive setup to multibox incursions for the first time. I'm sure later on when I have the isk skills trained up I'll probably have that kind of setup but right now I don't have that kind of isk for investment to lose it all in my first attempt.

Suggestions?
    Navy apocs, if low skilled use megapulse xray will hit to the far spawns and you can use mf for the close in stuff. tracking comps etc etc. armor tanked or shield work but armor on the napocs is generally better. thats how i started then crossed to shield for the nms

So, now that I have sat on this for a couple of weeks I wish I didn't sell off all of my 22 alts with the intentions that I was going take a small break. That also means I let my 22 accounts run out of subscription time.

Currently, right now I have one main character that has 207 million SP and 4 brand new alts just 2 weeks old. I had to look at RL money and see what I could afford and 5 accounts is all I can afford to run at this present time. In-game cash flow is a little slim as I helped out a few folks with some investments.

If you only had 5 accounts to multibox would you still go the route of working up towards 5 RR domis in a c4 with a c5 static? With the intentions of getting them setup to fly capitals for escalations?

I considered the incursions but that is a bit of a steep price for me to setup in regards to RL money to train alts. I would really like to keep it at a minimum of 5 accounts for right now. I am a little broke.

My thought on this was to go live in a c3 wh for now till my alts are able to actually fly something useful. I would then train up the extra two slots on each of the 4 alts accounts for PI. I have plenty of Barren and Lava planets that I can get a Robotics factory running on each of the 8 characters which would bring in roughly 12 mill isk a day, 360 mill a month on a 23.75 hour cycle on each account. Monthly total would be 2.8 billion isk a month from PI. My main can run all of the sites in the c3 solo in a tengu taking roughly 10 minutes per site using my alts as eyes on the existing wh exits. A normal month would make me about 1.5 bill isk a month from blue loot and salvage.

Does this sound like a good plan or from experience what would you recommend as a better idea?

My end goal is to not reply on just making isk to just be space rich but eventually supply additional alts that I can PVP with not have to be concerned if I can afford major losses that I cannot resupply.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 09-08-2014 at 02:56 PM Reason: formatting removed

So, now that I have sat on this for a couple of weeks I wish I didn't sell off all of my 22 alts with the intentions that I was going take a small break. That also means I let my 22 accounts run out of subscription time.

Currently, right now I have one main character that has 207 million SP and 4 brand new alts just 2 weeks old. I had to look at RL money and see what I could afford and 5 accounts is all I can afford to run at this present time. In-game cash flow is a little slim as I helped out a few folks with some investments.

If you only had 5 accounts to multibox would you still go the route of working up towards 5 RR domis in a c4 with a c5 static? With the intentions of getting them setup to fly capitals for escalations?

I considered the incursions but that is a bit of a steep price for me to setup in regards to RL money to train alts. I would really like to keep it at a minimum of 5 accounts for right now. I am a little broke.

My thought on this was to go live in a c3 wh for now till my alts are able to actually fly something useful. I would then train up the extra two slots on each of the 4 alts accounts for PI. I have plenty of Barren and Lava planets that I can get a Robotics factory running on each of the 8 characters which would bring in roughly 12 mill isk a day, 360 mill a month on a 23.75 hour cycle on each account. Monthly total would be 2.8 billion isk a month from PI. My main can run all of the sites in the c3 solo in a tengu taking roughly 10 minutes per site using my alts as eyes on the existing wh exits. A normal month would make me about 1.5 bill isk a month from blue loot and salvage.

Does this sound like a good plan or from experience what would you recommend as a better idea?

My end goal is to not reply on just making isk to just be space rich but eventually supply additional alts that I can PVP with not have to be concerned if I can afford major losses that I cannot resupply.
    If your main can currently fly a capital well, you might consider putting him into a PvP/PvE corp that runs escalations. That should provide some ISK to pay for the main subscription and trickle down some ISK to subsidize your alts.

Another option would be joining an existing corp in a c2-c3/x or c4-c3/c5. C3 space has been a great place to get started, but I'm quickly outgrowing it although I have 7 pilots instead of 5. Joining the existing corp would bolster your fleet running numbers, make rolling holes simpler/safer, and won't have much of a downside(besides actually getting in). Setup your own tower and go to work.

I haven't multiboxed PI yet, but singleboxing it was such a pain in the ass that I didn't bother. Maybe one day I'll try it with isboxer.

I have the same goal(capital escalations) and it looks to me like it'll be another ~6 months before all my guys are sufficiently skilled that I would consider it. So.. keep that in mind. It might be faster to use the sub-cap pilots to grind ISK to buy cap pilots. All depends on how frequently you can play, and your tolerance of grinding billions of ISK.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    If your main can currently fly a capital well, you might consider putting him into a PvP/PvE corp that runs escalations. That should provide some ISK to pay for the main subscription and trickle down some ISK to subsidize your alts.

Another option would be joining an existing corp in a c2-c3/x or c4-c3/c5. C3 space has been a great place to get started, but I'm quickly outgrowing it although I have 7 pilots instead of 5. Joining the existing corp would bolster your fleet running numbers, make rolling holes simpler/safer, and won't have much of a downside(besides actually getting in). Setup your own tower and go to work.

I haven't multiboxed PI yet, but singleboxing it was such a pain in the ass that I didn't bother. Maybe one day I'll try it with isboxer.

I have the same goal(capital escalations) and it looks to me like it'll be another ~6 months before all my guys are sufficiently skilled that I would consider it. So.. keep that in mind. It might be faster to use the sub-cap pilots to grind ISK to buy cap pilots. All depends on how frequently you can play, and your tolerance of grinding billions of ISK.
    I have tried joining previous corp/alliances in WH space but they are not active in my TZ. That is one of the reasons I want to multibox in order to not rely on others to do what I want to in the game. My main focus is to supply enough isk for PVP losses as I do want to attempt to multibox PVP but also make enough to not worry about losses.

I would never suggest multiboxing PI as I don't think that would be possible as each planet would be different. I would still need to do that individually which if I took even 5 minutes per pilot each night it would still take me close to an hour a day. But that still equates to almost 100 mill an hour which is comparable to missions and incursions per hour. The benefit to it is that you control your outcome with very little variations (market prices). I wouldn't consider this to be a passive income despite to make any significant amount of isk takes time for the best placement and monitoring.

Eh, PI is annoying as fuck for me personally tbh.

Haven't really done it.

That said, for all the folks discussing various setups - this is one thing I theorycrafted back when they were first changed.

The original idea was for PVP in lower class WHs, but it should work even better for PVE here for our purposes.

[Paladin, triage pve]
    Large Armor Repairer II
    Large Armor Repairer II
    Corpii A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
    Corpii A-Type Adaptive Nano Plating
    Capacitor Power Relay II
    Capacitor Power Relay II
    Capacitor Power Relay II

Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II

Bastion Module I

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II

The miniature triage archon.

For our purposes as multiboxers, the lack of range is no worry.

Rather than dualboxing nestors or w/e, just run a single one of these.

Reps a ton, both local and remote.

Pair it up with your ranged/projected dps of choice.

It's incredibly difficult/impossible to find a shield variant of this.

Golem has huge capacitor/cpu issues, and while paladin has cpu issues, I think it's probably the best option.

Funnily enough, if you really demand maximum performance out of the triage paladin, much like the triage archon, you end up with a superior result when local shield tanking.

[Paladin, triage pve shield local]
    True Sansha Capacitor Power Relay

Pith C-Type X-Large Shield Booster
    Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field
    Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amplifier
    Dread Guristas Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Bastion Module I
    Large 'Solace' Remote Armor Repairer

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier II

Outtanks by a fair margin, has higher cap regen, and a vastly superior burst tank with heat. Changing up the shield booster greatly enhances this.

For maximum effect, assuming the same fitting level as a dread:

[Paladin, triage pve shield local insanity]

Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
    Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
    Pith A-Type Shield Boost Amplifier
    Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Bastion Module I

Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier II

Cap stable with all local tank heated with only 2 RR turned off.

Add in Strong Blue Pill + Mid Grade Crystal set + shield links and what do you get?

14,583 dps local tank.

Your RR is also entirely impervious to all ewar, and ofc, highly neut resistant thanks to your solid recharge level.

Bring Strong Mindflood for extra cap if tank is not an issue, and your regen jumps to +439, which is only 100 short of the cap regen off of a REAL armor triage carrier.

It's p. kickass.

been on reddit too much. tried to +1 this heh. but +1 the triage paladin

Actually, I had been looking at the Triage Paladin for months until I moved across the world recently. One of the nice things about the shield variant, is that you dont even need more than Marauders I to get the full benefit. If you run local armor, you of course would benefit from Marauders V but thats a very long train.

I even have 2 characters very close to Marauders for this purpose. If I get enough time to come back, that's my farm.