Close
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 111

Spent an hour or so checking out youtube multiboxing videos to snag some ideas on reconfiguring my UI using videofx/clickbars and I ran across a video Mosg2 uploaded. While it is a larger scale operation than I'm considering or what this discussion has circled around, the UI configuration is one of the better ones for PvE. Pretty compact UI, great use of broadcasting, and a clear explanation of what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBPbR-sPck

thats one hell of a setup, i imagine it probably took ages to plan and set up. Probably going to take a good bit of inspiration from that one too.

That was the next thing I was going to ask was good resources for "how to setup isboxer" and good layouts to work with. I have watched that video several times and thought it was a good setup considering it looks like its a single screen with 20 accounts.

I have also watched this and thought it would be good for PVE or PVP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIcGoSAQPeM

The only issue with this one is that it uses 2 screens for the setup. I have been drawing things out on paper to consolidate everything to one screen while maximizing my screen space that I have on one screen.

I would take the two ideas from both the video gomeler posted and the one above and try to perfect it with minimal clutter.

Eventually, I want to have two setups. One for multiboxing capitals in a c5 probably consisting of 5 accounts and then later I want to take my investments and multiboxing PVP. I don't mean just bomber runs like other boxers do but actual PVP with 10 to 20 accounts running. I would probably use my WH with null exits to create chaos and get them to come back to my wh or fight in a belt. I think it would be fun.

Ive multiboxed 7 oracles/talwars so far and it works pretty well once you get a hang of it. However you need someone to tackle for you and you shouldnt be doing logi at the same time as dps, if you do more then 1 job at once outside easy ganks then your reaction and hiccups will get you killed. 1 guy multiboxing a bunch of dps ships ( if brawling then something tanky like prophecys, if kiting then something that can sit really far away like oracles/nados/cerbs/ishtars ) works pretty well with a few more guys doing tackling and logi. The fact that one guy controls all the dps ships ( hopefully ) means that the dps isnt split and is applied at about the same time. Try putting your alts in talwars/tristans/thrashers and go pvp in FW/null area to get a hang of moving about all your alts, pvp is quite different compared to pve. One thing thats screwed me over once was when i was broadcasting a target for my oracles and didnt realise that i had double clicked and made my main pilot and therefore all of my oracles fly straight towards a bunch of battleships with triage archon and loki support so having someone to broadcast for you can help reduce stress.

I got used to pvping with 5 proteus in WH space but was able to select my targets because of being cloaked. I would select one target per alt and manually uncloak, target and hit the hot keys for scram and guns so once targeted I let it do it's thing. Normally I use fleet warp to get away but did everything else manually. Also all of my fits were buffer tanked to the max and only needed to hit two keys with nothing else to activate. There was one time I was fighting on a WH and even after being neuted and capped out they stopped shooting and left because 25 light drones was enough to annoy them even after I popped a tengu on their exit.

I thought if I could do something similar utilizing isboxer it would be easier even if I could just see everything on one screen rather than switching. I used broadcasting and used the watch list to see how my alts are doing. I'd use K'man as my scout because it costs to much to replace the pod to carelessly pvp. I hope ccp will lower the costs of clone upgrade. Clone grade Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Spent an hour or so checking out youtube multiboxing videos to snag some ideas on reconfiguring my UI using videofx/clickbars and I ran across a video Mosg2 uploaded. While it is a larger scale operation than I'm considering or what this discussion has circled around, the UI configuration is one of the better ones for PvE. Pretty compact UI, great use of broadcasting, and a clear explanation of what's going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peBPbR-sPck
    That is a great UI and has inspired me to improve my own

There's one part I don't understand and could do with a pointer... when ship X needs armor reps, he appears to just click on the videofeed of that ship's shield/armour display and it sends a fleet "need armor" broadcast which the logi can then use to target and rep.

How is the act of clicking on the VFX generating a fleet broadcast - i know you can set an Eve shortcut for 'need armor' so I presume it's generating that key but I don't know how.

Update... I've just watched it again and he actually exlpains it just after 2m in... invisible clickbars... so time to look into that!
    Last edited by moog : 08-29-2014 at 02:36 PM

I'm sorry it's taken me this long to post here. I work shift hours and my work days are about 17 hours all-in, and my days off are... preciousssss... to me.

On the meta-level, I think that you should really sit down and consider why you want to box WH sites in the first place. If it's ISK/hour, then Incursions are better because the risk is orders of magnitude smaller than the risk in running WH sites. I mean, astronomically smaller. If you imagined a fairytale land where you can make good ISK/hour and engage in a lot of pvp... WH space is not that. It's mostly scanning down new chains and trying to find 'content'. Especially with the recent changes to WH spawn-distance mechanics, I foresee even less activity in WH space--IE, less content. Eve is a game that rewards smart and cautious play. If people are not doing stupid things (see the list below), then it's very hard to find people doing... anything really.

Now, if none of that matters to you and you just want to hear what the most efficient setups are for running non-escalated C5 WH sites, then read on.

There are two main fleet setups that work well multiboxed running these sites: A spider-tanking fleet of similar-sized hulls that orbits around your anchor ship (5+ ships minimum), or a mixed-hull fleet with 2+ logistics ships. After playing extensively with both, I far prefer the separate logistics ships for a number of reasons. In case you're dead-set on running a RR spider-tanking fleet, I'll tackle that one first.

Spider tanked T3s are a decent option. I have run C5 sites with RR Stratios, RR Proteus, and RR Ishtars. Tengus and Legions would also work just as well from a RR perspective, less so from an applied DPS perspective. The largest problem with running a ball of RR T3s is that your repair range is only 6km. All of your ships should have afterburners. Unfortunately, almost every wave of every C5 site has webbing ships. This means that you will be limited to the maximum speed of whoever the primary target is. On a normal wave of webbers this means 100m/s max, with an afterburner running. If you're using a weapon system that puts you optimally at 40km or less, there will be waves in sites where you spend 5+ minutes chasing the sleepers as they kite you. This murders your ISK/hour, and also adds a great deal of risk; if you don't notice that the guy getting primaried is out of RR range, you're in for some hurtin'.

Furthermore, you might imagine that an RR fleet optimally uses each slot of each ship, but in practice you waste slots for cap stability when under neuting pressure. Also, you may not have a spare high slot for a RR module without giving up a weapon's slot.

There are other good reasons to not use a RR fleet, but I'll leave it here. If the above didn't convince you, you're unable to be convinced

Separate logistics is a good setup. I've run setups where each of my DPS ships feeds cap to my logistics (as per my video), and I now run T2 logistics who feed cap to each other. The problem with each of your DPS ships feeding cap to your logistics pilots is the exact same as the RR T3 ball problems we discussed above--You're limited in mobility, you lose out on some potential mid or low slots for cap stability etc. So, after all the experimentation, two T2 logistics (Basilisk or Guardian, do not try and run the Oneiros or Scimitar for the love of Horus) is the way to go.

Nestors, especially now that they have only 20m mass, are comparable to T2 logistics and take a fraction of the time to train into. However, they will quadruple the amount of ISK you're risking on grid. If you're ok with that, then run'em--They're the best in terms of reps applied, cap stability, tank, AND added DPS (125mb drone bw means 500 dps apiece with zero Drone Damage Amps--Thanks Gecko!). After being violently cap escalated against my will, I decided to swap to the more ISK efficient T2 logistics

So after all that, what DPS ships to run?

I like drone boats.

No, I love drone boats.

Drones do not reload ammo, therefore they do not shut off their weapon cycle after reloading. Drones require much less maintenance than guns/missiles, as you do not need to swap between ammo types to modify your range. They do add time to site-running either because of travel time to target (Combat drones), or because you have to collect them post-site (Sentries). From a multiboxing perspective, the tradeoff is definitely in favor of drones over guns/missiles.

So once you decide on drones, which hull?

Well, Ishtars are awesome. Even post-nerf, Ishtars are awesome. That having been said... Ishtars do have a paper-tissue tank compared to a Proteus. If you run Shield Ishtars with Basilisks, you get the third Drone Damage Amp in your lows vice only two if you run Armor Ishtars with Guardians. Then though, you don't have any extra mid slots for Omnidirectional Tracking Links or Drone Navigation Computers. So, Shield Ishtars on paper do more damage than any other drone boat (I don't want to include the Eos as it's a 6 month train for ship+weapons), but you're talking about a 40-50k EHP max pre-links/boosts.

That's a good amount of tank, but it will only survive two volleys from the most-damaging sleeper waves; the third will asplode your ship. That means you have about 10 seconds to lock your target and get reps cycled or you will lose a ship. Now, 10 seconds is a lot if you're paying attention. What happens if you spill your coffee? Or your kid runs up to your desk and nudges your chair, showing you her new thingajigger? Even if you only lose 3-4 seconds, you're seriously limiting your reaction time. Ultimately, using a non-T3/command ship hull for C5 sites is *risky*. Even if you only lose one ship per 20 sites (generous), the amount of ISK you lose pales in comparison to the amount of time you lose, logistically, in replacing it.

So yeah, Drone Proteus are a thing. Droneus. Yeah, I love'em.

[Proteus, Test]
    1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Corpum A-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
    Drone Damage Amplifier II

Experimental 10MN Afterburner I
    Phased Muon ECCM Caster I
    'Umbra' White Noise ECM

250mm Railgun II, Spike M
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    Drone Link Augmentor I
    [empty high slot]

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

Proteus Electronics - Dissolution Sequencer
    Proteus Defensive - Augmented Plating
    Proteus Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir
    Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector
    Proteus Propulsion - Localized Injectors

Gecko x2

150k tank, 670 DPS with my skills. Controlling the railguns is an afterthought--They only add ~100 DPS, but 14 of them do volley frigates. That halves my clear time of frigate-only or frigate-heavy waves.

I intend to do another video, tonight if at all possible, of my most-recent setup. This will include me breaking down my Innerspace GUI.

Well, I'm exhausted. I'll continue to answer questions as best I can though
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    Biggest question for me is, what is the sekrit of clickboxing?

Or w/e it is when you can just click a vidfx and have it broadcast for shield/armor.

I'd like to know how to do that.

I've been advocating drone proteii for my alliance for pvp for ages, but noone wants to take em seriously. :P

Ask, and ye shall receive My video is being encoded as I type this, and should only take a few minutes to upload to youtube since Korea has ridiculously awesome internet speed.

It will take me a few days to type up timestamps and topics, but it should be done at some point.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    I wonder... Same lordsservant that did the phoenix subcap dunking vids?