Close
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 110 of 111

I have been playing with EFT for about a week now and I think I got the fittings down but want to ask for opinions.

My main will fly the support ship with links as I don't have to train an alt.
    Tengu - Incursion Booster Links.jpg

2x Logi
    Basilisk - Incursions.jpg

9x DPS/Sniper Range to Close Range
    Apocalypse Navy Issue - Incursions.jpg

Than I will transition to this beast once my skills get better.
    Nightmare - Incursions.jpg

Any opinions would be appreciated. I currently have 11 alts training right now as I type this but it will be about 60 days till I can get a fleet together to make my first attempt.

Guessing this is for Vanguard incursions, and not C5 sites?

Quote Originally Posted by gomeler View Post
    Guessing this is for Vanguard incursions, and not C5 sites?
    Lol I thought I responded to the incursion thread I started. Oops. Yes, this is for vanguards.

Quote Originally Posted by K'man View Post
    Lol I thought I responded to the incursion thread I started. Oops. Yes, this is for vanguards.
    Looks fairly close to the path i took. Gl sir

Anyone done much testing when it comes to the best fleet to use for C5 static farming? I am going to assume a 12 man fleet as it seems to be most common.

Gila x9 , Basi x 2, Booster x1

Ishtar x9 , Basi x 2, Booster x1

Drone Proteus x9, Guardian x2, Booster x1

Mainly EFT warrioring this stuff right now. The following is my skills.

But Gila seems to be reasonably priced, pure passive with about 90k EHP prior to boosts with 600 DPS. Only active thing is a DC II so virtually impossible to neut out. Using x2 Hammerhead

Ishtar probably not far off from the Gila price wise, maybe a little cheaper. 74k EHP before boosts but 850 DPS. Does use a DC II and two Invuls so this might get capped out which makes me lean back towards the Gilas. Using x2 Gecko x2 Hammerhead x1 Hob

Drone Proteus probably the most expensive of the three but might be worth it. 125k EHP before boosts. 700 DPS with drones and guns, previous two were just drones. Using x2 geckos and 250 rails. But with new changes actually using the rails is probably a little less likely.

Gila probably takes the least training to be fairly proficient but at this point most of my toons should be capable of flying all three setups within a few weeks either way. Curious if there is an advantage to using Mediums, Heavies, or Sentries over one or the other. I know the positives of only sending out 2x drones is having more accounts to multibox with. But for just 12 toons at the moment curious which will be more effective.

Happy to hear other suggestions as well. With the upcoming changes drones definitely seem to be the best way to go.

By the way fits I am getting the info from are pretty much ones I have found on here with very small tweaks like small deadspace or faction upgrades to improve EHP or fitting space.

EDIT: I also saw someone talking about a fleet of Eos, kind of curious how that would workout... Also what a fit like that might look like?
    Last edited by lcampbell89 : 12-03-2014 at 07:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by lcampbell89 View Post
    I am going to assume a 12 man fleet as it seems to be most common.
    Not sure if this will be the case from Jan-1, 2015 given the changes to EULA with ban on keyboard/mouse input broadcasting...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex66 View Post
    Not sure if this will be the case from Jan-1, 2015 given the changes to EULA with ban on keyboard/mouse input broadcasting...
    You know I can't honestly say whether or not that is true. If you have suggestions for what the standard fleet will be I am happy to hear it!

But for the time being it seems to be the most efficient way of doing things. Assigning drones to one toon and then you only have to manage that and your logi. Might be tedious to release and assign 9 different sets of drones but still very effective. Theoretically at least lol

But for the time being it seems to be the most efficient way of doing things. Assigning drones to one toon and then you only have to manage that and your logi. Might be tedious to release and assign 9 different sets of drones but still very effective. Theoretically at least lol
    The main goal here would be to train your pilots to run a full capital fleet to make the most isk an hour doing escalations. This also does not require the use of software which than you don't have to be concerned about the upcoming changes. However, in the mean time Gila setup would be best in my opinion because you can fleet warp the gang use one ship as the anchor and assign your drones. All you have to do than is make sure things stay alive and the drones attacking the sleepers. Making sure you watch your watchlist and dscan will be the most tedious thing but if we are still allowed to use Video FX than you can place all that information on one screen or do what I did and get a bigger monitor (27") is perfect size to monitor 4 clients at a time with minimal overlapping.

Ya they are on the way to run capitals, in fact I could honestly have that set up in a week or so. The problem there is being in the right hole for it. Would essentially have to live solo in a C5 for a while. Interested in the static ops as it is a little more flexible and doesn't depend on sites as much. While still allowing for some teamwork with other pilots.

Curious why you choose Gila though, can do the same with all of the others? Running heavies on ishtars and geckos on the Drone Proteus is literally the same process?

I actually run a 27 with 2 24s on each side so I have the monitor space at the moment!

Ya they are on the way to run capitals, in fact I could honestly have that set up in a week or so. The problem there is being in the right hole for it. Would essentially have to live solo in a C5 for a while. Interested in the static ops as it is a little more flexible and doesn't depend on sites as much. While still allowing for some teamwork with other pilots.

Curious why you choose Gila though, can do the same with all of the others? Running heavies on ishtars and geckos on the Drone Proteus is literally the same process?

I actually run a 27 with 2 24s on each side so I have the monitor space at the moment!
    You don't have to be in the right wh to run capital escalations. Check out the thread The Plan and I posted setups for running subcaps, capitals and than solo capital escalations with a youtube video showing you can be in the worst wh for running capital esclations with wrong capital bonuses with ease. I only ran them on my own when there was nobody else around. When others were online I had them run the other ships to make the entire process faster. I live in a strange TZ so there is little to no activity so I do a lot of things on my own.

I choose to to use the Gila over the Ishtar, Tengu, Legion, Proteus, and EOS, because I factor in the cost/time to risk to benefit. The Gila can fit 3x LSE with still an output the same as the T3 but less than half the cost for the same outcome. I have 9x Gila with 2x Basi and 1x OGB but having to warp separate fleets around and not everyone warping when needed is a little difficult using fleet warp so I might drop to 10 total. 7 Gila, 2 Basi and 1 Booster that could come into the site with me providing boosts while applying drone DPS. This way I can fleet warp everyone to the sites without leaving anyone behind and if I would to reassign that ability to someone else my booster isn't left behind. Warp to site, drop MTU, use the booster as the anchor and command the fleet to follow using the fleet window so everyone is orbiting, lock up all targets, drop drones and assign them to booster pilot as the trigger and keep up on reps. Practically all of that could be manually done on a large screen but it takes practice.