Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default fps issues x5 accounts

Hello,

Cannot seem to have more then 5fps at any time when I am x5boxing.
    Lock up in dungeons and especially world bosses.

I did a fresh windows 64 bit install not long ago and new isboxer install, maybe I have the wrong selection for cpu, not sure ?

My specs:

CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
    CPU Speed:
    3.19 GHz
    System Memory:
    12.88 GB
    Video Card Model:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750
    Video Card Memory:
    4.22 GB

In Isboxer I have the default cpu setting:

Round-robin balancing reduces the number of game instances that will fight over each CPU. This should typically provide the smoothest operation and is highly recommended. Slot 1 is exempted from the strategy and will be assigned CPU 1, which will not be shared. HyperThreading optimization is enabled, so each Slot that would normally be assigned one CPU core by this strategy will use two.

I replaced my graphics card a while ago, cause other one I had cannot remember what it ws, died. And ended up with what I could get being GTX 750 at the time.

Suggestions in what to do, to fix fps issues please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shania View Post
    I replaced my graphics card a while ago, cause other one I had cannot remember what it ws, died. And ended up with what I could get being GTX 750 at the time.
    I'm not super familiar with a GTX 750, but a quick Google search shows that it isn't a very powerful GPU. A simple test would be to launch (and log in) one Slot at a time until your system begins to bog down and that would indicate your limit, but you can figure out what exactly your system's bottleneck is by looking at this link.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...080p,3612.html

The 750 is way, way, way down the list of performance.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

AH thank you both of you, yes seems its the graphics card.
    I can upgrade it, in a few weeks, what would you suggest, for my system specs linked above ?
    Probably around $300-$450 mark, AU $ though.

Someone suggested the 4G GTX 770

Cannot look at doing much upgrades to my PC Until Middle of Next year, when pc if still works, lol, is handed down to one of the kids.

But If I can get away with adding in a better graphics card too improve my FPS at around $450 max, then I can afford to do that.
    Last edited by Shania : 08-24-2014 at 02:34 AM

AH thank you both of you, yes seems its the graphics card.
    I can upgrade it, in a few weeks, what would you suggest, for my system specs linked above ?
    Probably around $300-$450 mark, AU $ though.

Someone suggested the 4G GTX 770
    A GTX 440 770 4GB should be just fine, but your CPU might start feeling the heat after that.

EDIT: No idea why I typed 440. >_>
    Last edited by MiRai : 08-24-2014 at 05:58 PM
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Personally, I'd find the best x60 or x70 you can afford. And I'd go with a 3GB/4GB x60 over a 1gb/2gb x70.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thank You.

I decided to go with
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX TITAN Z 12GB

Its only $3500 here in Australia :P

lol like holy shit!

I was wondering what is CPU is worth while, I see a few like the i7 4790/4790K and I think a newer one ? i7 4930K

I might look at just buying the components here and there, then throw it together.
    Or should I start a new thread about it ?

Do you have addons installed that could be causing the lag? I boxed on the intel graphic chips built into my motherboard and was getting like 12 FPS.

I know this sounds obvious but have you turned down your graphics setting in game on your clients?

I was wondering what is CPU is worth while, I see a few like the i7 4790/4790K and I think a newer one ? i7 4930K

I might look at just buying the components here and there, then throw it together.
    Or should I start a new thread about it ?
    I would suggest starting a new thread in the hardware section.