Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default FPS issues with ISBoxer..

Guys..

Sorry if this has been asked before.. After I setup ISBoxer..(using the wizard) for wow, on 5x box with 2 23 inch monitors.. main on one monitor and 4 on 2nd monitor. I realized that my main, never gets past 30fps.. at best, 60fps for awhile where there is only land and nothing in wow.. if there are mobs and nps/players, it drops back to 30.. and it's choppy.. getting on my nervers..

on IS boxer settings, i used the wizard and everything is default. for fps, limited to 60 on foreground and 30 on bg.. i tried not to limit foreground, dont work. set it higher, dont work as well..

i dont suppose is my hardware, since im running i7 4930k and ATI HD 7870.. settings in wow ranges from fair to good to high but all has the same outcome..

any ideas?
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

Open your IS Boxer.
    Select your Character Set in IS Boxer and then select Slot 1. Then go to Performance tab and select all Cores(must be blue).
    Repeat it with every other slot.
    If your slots already selected all cpu then you must try to change the ingame settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Djawol View Post
    Open your IS Boxer.
    Select your Character Set in IS Boxer and then select Slot 1. Then go to Performance tab and select all Cores(must be blue).
    If your slots already selected all cpu then you must try to change the ingame settings.
    yeah.. tried that.. still the same =(

i tried to set the in game settings of all instance to fair, while keeping only the main on good, seems still the same.. anyone else has any idea?

set multisampling to 1
    turn off SSAO and set the shadowquality to low
    how much ram do you have?
    Last edited by Djawol : 08-17-2014 at 09:06 AM

That's what the CPU Strategy Wizard is for, you don't have to go to each slot manually to do this

This pretty much sums up the conversation, have you been here? http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyz View Post
    any ideas?
    Are you trying to us VSync? (ISBoxer should be forcing this off by default unless you changed that)
    Are you using multiple video cards? One per each monitor?

EDIT: And the link Lax gave (totally missed that).
    Last edited by MiRai : 08-17-2014 at 12:26 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Djawol View Post
    set multisampling to 1
    turn off SSAO and set the shadowquality to low
    how much ram do you have?

24G ram..... will try your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Are you trying to us VSync? (ISBoxer should be forcing this off by default unless you changed that)
    Are you using multiple video cards? One per each monitor?

EDIT: And the link Lax gave (totally missed that).
    nope.. not using vsync.. tried to turn on tho.. but still the same.. am using just 1 gpu card for 2 monitor..

will check the link..

seems the problem is fixed after i changed the batteries on my logitech wireless mouse (was low on battery) -_- dont think there's any relation.. but after i changed it, the fps could go from 40+ to 70+........