Close
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 92

Multiboxing DH hits a wall around 37 or so. Damage is not a problem, but survivability is. EVERYTHING 1 shots u, even white mobs. Since u cant have a follower with Unity to duplicate your toughness, being a glass canon turns into a big problem. If u get a bad rift, which is extremely common thanks to Blizzards bad RNG/balancing, u will get Act5 mobs. They are fast, they jump, charge and dont give much rift progress regardless of their difficulty. U will prolly die several times and fail the rift. Anarchs and Winged Assassins are a huge pain in the butt. Even with all the cold damage they get, they are still pretty fast and can charge or jump u, sometimes before u even see them. It only takes 1 hit and 1 or more DHs go down. Awareness is a must, but even with that, u will die. Chanon Bolter wont save u here cause in higher GR mobs take quite a while to kill and the taunt will run off before u kill them.

That's just white mobs. Elites are a different story. Jailer is retarded and is unavoidable. Unless u have 4 Julia Cameo amulets with good rolls, then u will insta die to these packs. Solo is not that hard to deal with, cause it's all about position and range, but multiboxing is something else. Then there's is cold too which also will instakill u in less than a second of standing on top of one of the ice thingys. And to enjoy it even more, u have Thunderstorm.

Basically u cant chill or relax for a second. Anything and everything kills u. GR35 is not difficult so u can upgrade all your gems to 25 with a good DH group, but beyond that its a little bit difficult. Wizards are a little better IMO because they have far more toughness and can die 2 times (passive + firebird's 4set bonus). I use a 3x Wizards and a support WD and things go pretty good. Still need to work on the wizards gear tho. My main is very good geared and im at solo GR38, can prolly do 40 without problems but need to get the right rift ... RNG!

Non multiboxing parties are always 2 pure DPS DH, 1 zDPS monk and 1 support/zDPS WD. Basicall, it's just the DHs doing damage and the monk and WD providing buffs/debuffs to multiply the DHs damage. WD will use Tiklandian to root all mobs and disable all elite affixes, spam Big Bad Voodoo, Mass Confusion and Piranhas (30% + 20% + 15%). Monk will stun also, pull everything and debuff with Mantra of Conviction, Inner Sanctuary and Crippling Wave.

DH is a lot of fun and its a very different playstyle but can be frustrating. For T6, I suggest u get a Boon of the Hoarder Gem, Avarice Band and a Goldwrap. That way u can forget about survivability. For higher GR, Wizards might be a better choice for multiboxing.

PS: I'll try to make a video during the weekend.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-11-2014 at 07:42 PM

Ok, made 3 quick videos almost back to back.

This is T6 Rift with decent density. Rift can take me 4-8 minutes depending on the density and mob types. This was on the Cementary so it was fast (5 mins). U can see AoE shines here. Just a couple sentries only from each DH and everything dies. Rift Guardians are not problem whatsoever. From the damage I take, u can tell what's gonna happen on high level Greater Rifts.

This is about Trials and from here u can see how no other class comes even close to DHs. It's extremely easy to get keys to upgrade gems. I died at 41 but if I actually try, I can get higher than that. I was using Bane of the Powerful which is completely useless there and not moving much to avoid getting hit.

And finally a GR35. It was not the best density but still u can see how easily I finished in around 10 minutes. I did proc awareness a few times, but still was able to finish it without dying. I was lucky to not get jailer/cold affixes tho, but even in those cases, it's not a big issue. Problem starts once u start going higher.

All videos should be in 720p. If they are not, it's cause I just uploaded them and they are still processing.

Default .

Nic videos, but I can't help to think that DHs need a nerf or everyone else a buff. This is what I imagined WDs being like before they nerfed that gem that made pets invincible.

Thank to everyone who shared vids, nice to see other classes in action before leveling them up.

Those monks look fun and the dmg is more then i expected. Would see survival getting very hard once you get to higher Grift (same problem as my condemn saders)

The DH in action, they play much differently from my crusaders. While I'm enjoying the saders a lot I've been tempted to try doing 4 wiz or 3 wizz and a CC WD for higher rifting.

For trials i run condemn build and can usually get mid 30's just standing there spamming vacuum. For the Grifts I've been using a stampede build but finding I run out of time a lot once i get to Grift 34 or so due to elites that require me to move slowing down the dps. (or just cause i scrub out and die to some arcane i didn't see).

Wiz looks like a pretty standard blizz/apoc build would work decent, add in the WD for some CC and buffs. Both have the extra life. The stun on level 25 Zei's stone of Vengeance would be pretty nice similar to my stampede. Having the WD would make using teleport quite difficult which i used a lot way back when we had CM spam style wiz.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Nic videos, but I can't help to think that DHs need a nerf or everyone else a buff. This is what I imagined WDs being like before they nerfed that gem that made pets invincible.
    Nerfing makes no sense to me unless it completely breaks the game, which is not the case here. They just need to buff other classes and add more stuff to make the game more appealing and interesting to everyone. Killing a build is always a mistake. It just generates frustration and hatred towards the game. Build diversity is horrible in D3. Every character is a copy+paste of the top chars on leaderboards which is quite sad. There is literally no build diversity in this game.

Nerfing DHs will achieve nothing but a lot of unsatisfied players who got a buff and then it was taken away because of ENVY. Most, if not everyone who asks for DH nerfing is just envy because their class is not that good. Instead of nerfing a class that is working, they should buff other classes. That's called BALANCING. A nerf is the LAZY ass solution to a problem. Buffing the other classes without adding plain damage takes time and creativity. They should do that and also add more Torment levels so T6 is not the highest difficulty.

Buffing other classes is the right thing to do. Regardless, I can play any other class if the lazy ass solution is implemented. Until more ppl cry about another class being OP and that one gets nerfed as well.

Really enjoyed the videos thanks.
    I actually got 4 DH's up and running with full M6, it didn't take too long and I'm surprised at how much fun I am having with their playstyle.
    The only thing though is my DPS even with full M6 is no where near what you are putting out.
    I'll have to compare your gear to mine and find out what the difference is, it looks like Calamity helps quite a bit but I'm sure there is more to it.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Blog Entries

Balancing is bringing classes in line with each other.

It could be a nerf to an overly strong class.
    It could be a buff to an overly weak class.

If only one class is stronger, they have to decide if the others are weaker than intended (buff everyone else a bit), or if the stronger class is too strong (how much of a nerf to implement).
    Similarly, but the reverse process when one class is weaker than the others.

When one class is a lot stronger/weaker than the others, it's going to be easier to adjust the one class than every other class.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Calamity only adds 20% damage. The real damage comes from each DH that has over 1.2m dps unbuffed, 45+ CC, 360 CD and 1.74+ attack speed breakpoint (1 at 2.84, 1 at 2.16 and 2 at 1.74). All have SoJ and 3 rank 27+ gems (main has 35). Also 40%+ Sentry Damage, 20%+ Cluster Arrow. Fully buffed with Wolf and Bane of the Powerful they around 1.8 - 2m sheet dps. 1 DH uses a Toxin gem for an added 10% damage on top of the Calamaty 20% debuff. Took me quite a while to get them where they are, but it was well worth it. They are still a work in progress since I dont have TnT for all, weapons are not the best, 1 SoJ without socket, etc.

U add up all and they can do that. Is not basic gear gathered in 1-2 weeks of playing. Basically, end game items. U should be allowed to play that way with end game items. Problem is, not all classes can do the same with end game items, which Blizzard needs to address. Wizards come pretty close with a fire build and Furnace.

Wizards need Hydra and Firebird fix and they will prolly beat DH by quite some. Petdocs need more survivability for pets and damage. All melees need a buff. They need to balance Rifts in terms of density and progress vs mob difficulty. Fix certain affixes or drastically reduce the damage they do to melee classes (ie: jailer). Remove pylons from GR, etc. Good old BALANCE.

Nerfing DH is a step backwards. Then they will have to nerf Wizards and piss off more ppl.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-14-2014 at 12:06 AM

Wow you have a quite a few paragon levels. My main has 357, but my alts are 100

Further testing I don't find DH's to be too OP, mostly due to their defense causing them to flop to the ground over a hint they might take damage.

I am kind of interested in trying out Wizards now as well... ugh just spent the whole weekend working on DH's this game actually has a lot of replay value in it.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz