Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Setting mentor level in Rift with IsBoxer

Hello everyone.

I have been using an addon to aid in setting my mentor level but its almost possible to do all that in IsBoxer. Just wondering how to turn off key broadcasting with the enter key.

Using a multi-step macro I am doing this:

1: Enter -> all
    2: Key String -> all
    3: Repeater keyboard On -> all

Now I want to send one more command, which is turn off keyboard repeater when I press enter, is that possible?

The keystring sent in step 2 is "/mentorlevel " So it will send the following
    /mentorlevel
    then wait for me to type in the level I want and press return.

I am probably overthinking this.

Blog Entries

... 5 years and I never noticed the key string option.

I know! You could enable a new key map that has enter > turn off repeat as a key when you turn repeater on, and then turn it and repeat off when you hit enter. Does that work?

And I wanted to be done with rift for a while but now I feel like I need to play with the send string thing to set up a good equip plan

Actually rather than creating a new key map, you could just make it so enter always turns off mouse repeat (in addition to being an enter), I can't think of any way that would be a problem.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 08-11-2014 at 04:25 PM

I have a few in-game macros with "/mentorlevel <N>", so I just hit a button to set it for everyone, e.g. "/mentorlevel 60". But I often just turn on broadcast and simply type the word manually. I think it's faster to just type it out than to set up anything more special.

Luxlunae, for equipment I use the in-game /saveequip <N> and loadequip <N>. While leveling up and equipping a new item on all characters, I turn on broadcast and type "/equip <item-name>". Or "/use <item-name>" to have everyone collect something (like a book or something).
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors