Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default 5 Boxing shiptype questions

I'm getting my feet wet with boxing at the moment, using up a few of the 30 day humble bundle keys I got for $1 a while back to start an EVE pve team. My corp has space in drones, and I'm exploring boxing a team of either 5 RR sentry dominix in hordes or 5 sniper oracles in patrols.

My question is which would be the better choice from a boxing standpoint? The upside I can see in the dominix team is that RR and drone assist make things extremely easy since there's not that much to screw up but with more setup and movement time. For the oracles however things will be a bit more interesting and (theoretically) quicker since they output similar/more damage but are more mobile, cheaper etc but have a paper tank. Adding to all of this which path has the better options for other boxing opportunities? Dominix can be moved into Rattlers, Ishtar's or VNE's easily but I'm not sure about other turret boxing options from Oracles.

honestly in the drone regions anomalies you don't really need remote repping with 5 range fit domis. everything dies before it can apply damage to you anyway. Also one thing to keep in mind with multiboxing anomalies, the more isk per account doesn't scale as well. I've considered trying out a bunch of "afk" ishtars each in their own horde and using a vidfx setup to run them. I can't fly ishtars yet so I don't know how viable it would actually be.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

chain running hordes i think i made about 500m an hour~ roughly. You can run hordes in just about anything. Both will work, but I prefer domis because im just biased towards drones.
    both will work however and it comes down to preference.

As far as i know the drone sites are pretty damn easy, if you can sit far enough away that the oracles wont take damage i would use the oracles just cause the guns are faster to respond than drones and they are cheaper, unless you would get more dps per ship out of the domis that is. The oracles also allow you to gtfo faster. However if you plan on doing the escalations then the oracles wont work.