Close
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Showing results 61 to 67 of 67

A bit more information:
    1. The nerf does not follow you from server to server. If you get invited to another server you get full experience/items again. (does not include phasing someone else to your server from another server)
    2. If you are not the one killing and are within exp range of mobs they will grant full exp (tested at 85 and then again at 87... at 87 the anti-grind did not kick in where as at 85 it did vs 90 mobs as an anti-power leveling mechanic)
    3. Loot nerf is about 25-30% from my experience.
    4. Its a very necessary thing from what i've seen from beta videos that lots of mobs are dropping ~1g per kill. (can't confirm that anymore). It also stops blizzard from needing to worry about instant respawns which allows for those doing quests to get their kills easier and quicker while "punishing" those whom are farming the same mobs over and over.
    5. You can move from spot to spot (if you have multiple places to grind) and the penalty will not persist.

It isn't a very good anti-bot mechanic because bots do dungeons, bgs and quests as well.

It does hurt AOE farming for gold very badly if you do not have characters on multiple servers to transfer to.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Blizzard has responded to the "anti-grind" mechanic:

This isn't intended to be an "anti-grind" mechanic. It's intended to be an "anti-exploit" mechanic that programmatically addresses power-leveling abuses, with the aim of letting us reward legitimate players more generously. In the past, we've often had little choice but to drastically reduce the experience awarded by certain respawning bosses or enemies that are locked in combat with other NPCs, because otherwise they'd be abused. That always felt bad to the regular player who was just passing through in the course of questing or exploration and got unexpectedly little or no experience for killing something. The goal was to come up with an approach that would be invisible to most players, but discourage sitting there and repeatedly farming the same mob for long stretches of time in order to gain experience. Alternatives like questing, dungeons, or PvP are all supposed to be more lucrative than that - WoW has never been a game in which mass-killing mobs for experience was the most efficient route.

That said, clearly this implementation is far too strict, and is triggering from a wide variety of normal activity. We're going to disable the functionality entirely and look into a much more narrowly targeted approach if and when we reintroduce it. Apologies for the inconvenience and the lack of response on the issue - we were working on understanding exactly where the algorithm was going awry, and now that we've done so, we'll be taking action in the near future.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...04?page=24#466
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

I don't grind that often. i have done the "tag mob with nubblet and let higher toons kill it" to power level alts. BUT i have only done that a handful of times. The only other time i grinded( <is that a word? lol ) mobs was to farm those stupid motes of harmony.. because every trade needed them, and i have all trades covered ( and then some ).

When i do feel i have to grind for some dropped item, i just spark up a , very legal here in Colorado, doob, turn up the Eagles and just kill until i cant stand it. But its not somthing i can do everyday, all the time, like some people can.

That said, the above blue response and explanation make very good sense.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

i lold when they said wow was never a game when you grind on mobs to level

I lvled soo many alts to 90 on the Sprites at the start of this expansion and sold 7 alani mounts while doing so. Im glad they are changing this back for now.

*Sit back and see what gets broken instead*

Anyway im killing mobs on the isle of giants for the Dino bones, they are selling for 5k a stack on my server and you can kill the dinosaurs really fast while boxing. 10-12k per hr.
    Last edited by Syferr : 10-28-2014 at 08:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Syferr View Post
    I lvled soo many alts to 90 on the Sprites at the start of this expansion and sold 7 alani mounts while doing so. Im glad they are changing this back for now.

*Sit back and see what gets broken instead*

Anyway im killing mobs on the isle of giants for the Dino bones, they are selling for 5k a stack on my server and you can kill the dinosaurs really fast while boxing. 10-12k per hr.
    What level/gear level do you need to be to "farm" the dinosaurs?

Can get 100+ sha crystals per hour with the frogs if you have plate/mail/leather/cloth user that are enchanters.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P