Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Tank+Healer+3Mages

Is anyone running 3 mages for dps? So far i am able to get best dps from arcane.. i know frost is number one dps in the game atm.. but its not as efficient dps for boxers as is arcane ( so it seems )

So i am looking for tips/advice from someone who is currently playing mages.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

I haven't played mages since BC. I swapped them out for druids and shaman. BC was pretty hard core compared to now so I can't say much that will be relevant. Mages were all gear. The gear made the toon where shaman and druids the gear supported the class. Back in BC it was all about having your in-game macros set up properly. Blowing every and all cooldowns as soon as they were up. An unused cooldown is a wasted cooldown. Not trying to maximize stacks for procs was another thing. You were better off using a spell at three or four stacks instead of using extra casts to guarantee a five stack spell.

Back then, I'll repeat myself that it was all gear for mages. I spent a lot of time gearing to level instead of leveling and getting gear.

Some classes you just can't macro to perfect play like you can others. This is why Paladins and Shaman were so popular. You can one button macro them to perfect play. If you're trying to squeeze out extra dps from procs then I would set up ISBoxer to use the clickbar windows or the virtual space so you can see the procs and hotkey/click on them as they pop, wack-a-mole style all from one screen. ISBoxer is crazy powerful if you learn to set it up past repeating keystrokes.

I started the team.. i am using my shaman healer for now. but I think a priest might be better. I am using a lazy macro combined with steps in isboxer for spamming cooldowns. They are in fresh 90 boosted gear. I'm not sure what they should be doing for dps..they are doing around 50k , item lvl483( no enchants or gems yet.. waiting as i replace the green gear for epic off timeless isle )

As i play them.. i miss my shamans lol.. so simple to play and a ton of oh shit spells and such... but I'm going to stick with this team for a bit and see how they do.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

a month old thread i did pally, priest, 2x hunter and mage.. not at max level but so far i see hunter getting more dps and dot over mage.. i'm thinking of doing pally, priest, 3x lock.. not really keen on melee unless for tanking..

got a warrior,3 shammy + mage on alliance.. i guess thats really quite cool.. with the changes, i guess shammy stil quite cool ~

so far no issues on dungeon runs.. except i find my lazy macro really getting lazy.. the dps is not high enuf to kill stuff and sometimes i wipe due to that.. like one instance run the last boss will teleport u else where (hash lesson)... i only had my pally left and manage to kill him~ lol..
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

Mages IMO require quite a bit of personal attention so I've always tended to stay away from them. Maybe Arcane is better.