Close
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Showing results 71 to 77 of 77

Thread: Rules Updated

You can uninstall glyph and just run each game from its own launcher. You do not need glyph to play.

Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us know how things shook out for you. My last wow account expires next week and I'll probably take up rift or lotro again at that time so I'm thrilled that at least the deal is getting taken care of.

Your intuition that the glyph launcher might be running some anti-botting stuff that flagged you is an interesting one. I myself despised the launcher from the get go and will continue to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Your intuition that the glyph launcher might be running some anti-botting stuff that flagged you is an interesting one. I myself despised the launcher from the get go and will continue to not use it.
    I dont think Glyph launcher itself has an anti-botting component, but rather the login server Glyph uses. Their reports apparently flag multiple logins from same IP with alarm trigger looking for email address that are similar (mine are almost identical with only one digit different in them and using same "gmail" domain). If I were to start new team with new accounts I'd probably use different email domains and unmaching addresses to create logins.

But hopefully they modified their reporting as they said they did, and we should not be having problems down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex66 View Post
    I dont think Glyph launcher itself has an anti-botting component, but rather the login server Glyph uses. Their reports apparently flag multiple logins from same IP with alarm trigger looking for email address that are similar (mine are almost identical with only one digit different in them and using same "gmail" domain). If I were to start new team with new accounts I'd probably use different email domains and unmaching addresses to create logins.

But hopefully they modified their reporting as they said they did, and we should not be having problems down the road.
    If that's the case, then it's recently added "feature." My 5 accounts were riftmain@... and riftalt1@... through riftalt4@...
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    If that's the case, then it's recently added "feature."
    Yes, I am pretty sure the new "feature" came about just recently after Archeage launch. Trion is fighting botters and gold sellers in AA, so Rifters may get affected, even if not intentionally.

Blog Entries

As the proud possessor of rifttwo through riftfive@ my domain.com I'm a little alarmed.

This thread was originally about the rules of multiboxing being updated on Trion's site which have been acknowledged and made clear as to what the policy was actually changed to -- Which was no change at all. It then turned into a "I got banned" thread and is turning into a speculation thread about how Trion is flagging potential botters and/or hackers through the Glyph client. Now people are worried about whether they also play ArcheAge or whether they share the same e-mail domain on their accounts when there is no proof of anything and Trion is not going to tell us how they catch the "bad guys."

This thread has run its course.