Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Cool Multiboxing come back?

The last I boxed 5 char was in 2011.. Had 2 teams (5x mage, war/priest/mage/shammy).. Never reached max level, prolly 70+.. but i really enjoyed it.. due to my 2 kids, I stopped.. time was never enough for me.. but recently after looking at the MoP expansion and another coming end 2014, the flame is burning and I want to make a come back..

Saw that the talent tree has been revamped and things are so different now..

Is mboxing any easier than it used to be? Does blizzard continue to make mboxing more difficult? IMO, WoW is really a well made game that is easy to play, customizable and really in depth.. Even after years of playing, you cant fully experience everything of WoW..

Looking to get some 'oil' to add to the flames and make a comeback..
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

There have been changes. Our macro system changed, you can't use commas anymore so most people are using step or priority setups for the most part. Which works out since most classes moved from standard rotations to priorities as well. Then again, we've got an expansion coming, so any of those could change again.

Follow no longer works in BGs so if PvP was your thing you'll want to stick to world pvp and arenas { I think?} to use follow or employ interact mechanics.

The follow changes combined with a lot of long stretches between content updates has made WoW pretty quiet overall. There's a few people playing, but games like Eve and Rift have been seeing a lot more activity. People will probably start coming back as WoD gets closer, but there's not a lot of exciting news coming in for us yet. There is enough to get some PvP speculation going and some chatter on PvE groups and Ebony is keeping us updated on Boxing Beta.

There's also tons of videos up in The Commons so you can get a look at what people have been doing this expansion. MiRai has also been busy with his series on Multiboxing with ISBoxer. Don't forget to check the normal Movies forum, too since people don't always use The Commons. And if you are doing PvE, the Dungeon Forum has been reorganized so you can find all those helpful little tips easier.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    There have been changes. Our macro system changed, you can't use commas anymore so most people are using step or priority setups for the most part. Which works out since most classes moved from standard rotations to priorities as well. Then again, we've got an expansion coming, so any of those could change again.

Follow no longer works in BGs so if PvP was your thing you'll want to stick to world pvp and arenas { I think?} to use follow or employ interact mechanics.

The follow changes combined with a lot of long stretches between content updates has made WoW pretty quiet overall. There's a few people playing, but games like Eve and Rift have been seeing a lot more activity. People will probably start coming back as WoD gets closer, but there's not a lot of exciting news coming in for us yet. There is enough to get some PvP speculation going and some chatter on PvE groups and Ebony is keeping us updated on Boxing Beta.

There's also tons of videos up in The Commons so you can get a look at what people have been doing this expansion. MiRai has also been busy with his series on Multiboxing with ISBoxer. Don't forget to check the normal Movies forum, too since people don't always use The Commons. And if you are doing PvE, the Dungeon Forum has been reorganized so you can find all those helpful little tips easier.
    wow.. thanks alot for that details.. i dont really pvp unless i have to.. such as pve quest that require to turn on pvp flag.. otherwise.. i really would stick to pve.. i suck at pvp.. 5 box normal pve is overkill i feel.. but i enjoy instance run alot, but some instance are quite tough to box.. a challenge but gets annoying if i keep dying

i guess the follow issue wont be a big issue for me.. i've missed MoP, so that might give me some fun.. been watching some vid from Mirai and in commons.. looks cool, but i guess i have to really understand Mirai's setup and how to use it.. previously, i just spam dps keys, heal once awhile and my tanker's on rotation.. guess that part have to change than..

well, another thing i wanted to know, is.. with all the changes, is the end game content available still the same? i'm talking pretty much pve here.. previously, i used to run instance daily to get JP and xchange it for some cool gear (at least it was cool to me, compared to the quest gears).. what's there left to do now at end game? still pve and grinding for achivement?

i'm quite an achivement guy... makes me feel happy when i hear the 'dang' 5x and get a new achivement.. is that still pretty much the same? i noticed there's some new stuff, like challenges, pet battle? is that cool?

and hunter.. seems at end game, hunter could do a skill to call all pets and ad-hoc switching of pets? tats quite some new stuff there.. when i was almost quitting, i tried to box 5x hunter (mix of BM + SV), i would say its pretty cool watching 10x rushing at one mob..

up to now, wow is still drawing me back, compared to other mmo.. but im not sure if the changes are really that of a turn off for mboxing..

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyz View Post
    well, another thing i wanted to know, is.. with all the changes, is the end game content available still the same? i'm talking pretty much pve here.. previously, i used to run instance daily to get JP and xchange it for some cool gear (at least it was cool to me, compared to the quest gears).. what's there left to do now at end game? still pve and grinding for achivement?
    There is still JP and VP to farm. You can get it through dungeons, as usual, and also through the many, many, many daily quests available in MoP. Valor buys you gear, Justice lets you upgrade it. You also have faction-based gear rewards most of which will require you to do dailies. Most of them are simply time consuming, but we do have a thread on speeding up The Tillers. You also get a boost to the rate at which you gain Valor Points by 50% when 1 toon on the account reaches their cap, so you could turn around and farm faster on alts

One thing to note, you don't *need* Exalted this time around. Most Exalted rewards are pets or toys, honored or revered should be good to get most vendor-bought faction rewards, tough it should be noted that the gear wasn't even really worth the effort when MoP was new. Now you are better off farming Timeless Isle when you get a chance and filling your team up with ilvl 496 Epics. They come from chests and mobs and are bind to account. Here's a thread.

PS - If you're going for max rep or like to farm rep, make note that we now have Grand Commendations. These are available at Revered for most MoP factions and provide a permanent boost in rep gains for that faction on ANY character on the account. Many people keep this in mind while doing quests and dailies, skipping the hard or tedious stuff {if not everything} on their slaves so they can get the master to Revered for the commendation. At that point, the entire team, including the master {and any subsequent alts} will get double the rep for all that faction's quests. Make sure to use it as SOON as you hit revered. You should only need 1 assuming your entire team is on the same BattleNet.

i'm quite an achivement guy... makes me feel happy when i hear the 'dang' 5x and get a new achivement.. is that still pretty much the same? i noticed there's some new stuff, like challenges, pet battle? is that cool?
    Achievements are shared across the account now. As are mounts and pets. There's some exceptions, I'm sure but nothing I can think of offhand. So if you got a bunch of achievements on your main but not your slaves {like the X# of Mounts or Factions @ Exalted} your slaves should all have the same achievements {again, assuming the same BattleNet}. This means that when you do something like the Anglers or OotCS where the "top" reward is a mount or pet, you only need to get it on your main - it'll "share" over to the slaves. In some cases, you will still need to do the dailies to get the faction to USE these items, so your alts and slaves won't be able to fly around on cloud serpents without Cloud Serpent Riding. But it does mean that you can have everyone take a different color mount as a reward from Riding the Skies and vendor the other two {or just pick one and vendor all the extras if you're cash-strapped} so everyone has all available colors.

You can also box up and auction pets in many cases. You might want to go through your pet tab and clear out all the duplicates you might now have if you were a pet collector before. Or you can do Pet Battles and level them up before selling them. Pet battles were kinda fun - a good way to waste some time if you're into that kinda thing. Not something you're likely to multibox, but you never know.

Challenge modes weren't something I tried, but Kruschpakx4 has been running them lately.

There's also Scenarios now, which are 3-person dungeons designed to be quick run for non-standard groups. These are good ways to bump up your gear as you enter dungeons. You will probably want to do The Arena of Annihilation ASAP for the weapon rewards - weapons were severely lacking when I played.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 07-31-2014 at 09:05 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    . Pet battles were kinda fun - a good way to waste some time if you're into that kinda thing. Not something you're likely to multibox, but you never know.
    if your accounts on the same battle.net only one of the logged in chars can do them, so can not really be boxed.

and hc's are very easy to gear up framing vp/jp with any group really now a days.

LFR is a thing too, there are some challenging fights but they are mostly very enjoyable. I would just ensure that your toons aren't all named the same (I get a TON of grief in LFR on my hunter team.)
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

wow guys.. thanks for all the feedback! i guess this is the most replied post of all that i've posted.. i guess so far, i've only posted a few tho.. seems to me the game has been made a lot easier and less repetitive (except for the leveling part). feels like i'm missing alot of stuff..

i got 4 accounts are on the same bnet and the other, on another acct..

so, i renewed the subscription for my main account after reading the replies.. wanted to get a good feel of the game again, before upgrading to MoP, renewing the others, then start boxing again.. i dont really raid cuz my mbox skills were so so only.. and i'll get f buy others if i get into a raid.. and u know.. some people are just hardcore anti boxers.. they can go to all extremes.. what i really enjoyed before i left.. was running some dailies and running instance daily.. getting some JP for gear and my goal to get those heirloom items..

if those are not changed much, then that will be one of the reasons to make a comeback juz logging in daily to fly ard, do one instance and get back to slp...

is 5x pve arcane mage still viable? i remember one guy here did that and it was so overpowering.. i started a group of 5, but nv maxed them.. i guess was ard 40-ish where i could already run some instance.. was really fun..
    Last edited by nobodyz : 08-01-2014 at 01:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyz View Post
    wow guys.. thanks for all the feedback! i guess this is the most replied post of all that i've posted.. i guess so far, i've only posted a few tho.. seems to me the game has been made a lot easier and less repetitive (except for the leveling part). feels like i'm missing alot of stuff..

i got 4 accounts are on the same bnet and the other, on another acct..
    If you ask blizzard they might move it to your main account. i had a few accounts moved round the other day. as long as there all in your name etc

so, i renewed the subscription for my main account after reading the replies.. wanted to get a good feel of the game again, before upgrading to MoP, renewing the others, then start boxing again.. i dont really raid cuz my mbox skills were so so only.. and i'll get f buy others if i get into a raid.. and u know.. some people are just hardcore anti boxers.. they can go to all extremes.. what i really enjoyed before i left.. was running some dailies and running instance daily.. getting some JP for gear and my goal to get those heirloom items..

if those are not changed much, then that will be one of the reasons to make a comeback juz logging in daily to fly ard, do one instance and get back to slp...
    dailies have changed a little in the last patch to timeless island (not the end game stuff) its a mix off weeky dailies and rare killing. there is many dailies round though to do.

is 5x pve arcane mage still viable? i remember one guy here did that and it was so overpowering.. i started a group of 5, but nv maxed them.. i guess was ard 40-ish where i could already run some instance.. was really fun..
    the guy was running five mages was farming epics off raid trash that right now you can not get BOE epics from trash something they said they might add back in for WOD, I have played mages in Ashran (world pvp zone like av) on beta and there fun nice aoe round a lot off players so i can see a nice come back for mages.

Bold text in the quote

mod edit - please don't respond within the quote, it's hard to read. You can break up a quote by wrapping the text in [quote] [ /quote] <- remove the space before the /
    Last edited by Khatovar : 08-03-2014 at 02:04 PM

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    If you ask blizzard they might move it to your main account. i had a few accounts moved round the other day. as long as there all in your name etc
    Well, yeah.. i might.. but still wanna keep 2 accts.. for D3 mboxing thats was fun tho.. but annoying when characters go out of sync.. since its using repeater broadcast to do click to move..

dailies have changed a little in the last patch to timeless island (not the end game stuff) its a mix off weeky dailies and rare killing. there is many dailies round though to do.
    I'm still on cata now.. gonna do some cata end game first before upgrading to MoP, then to WoD.. I remember last time was doing dailies to get some points to buy those BoP items.. that was my dream back then.. to get those beautiful mounts and heirloom and sparkling equips.. lol....

the guy was running five mages was farming epics off raid trash that right now you can not get BOE epics from trash something they said they might add back in for WOD, I have played mages in Ashran (world pvp zone like av) on beta and there fun nice aoe round a lot off players so i can see a nice come back for mages.
    sounds interesting.. im not really gonna farm raid trash but more of a.. 'wow, thats damn cool' thing for me.. something thats not the usual setup (tank/heal/dps).. i tried like 5x hunter.. or 4x hunter + heal.. the scene is still.. 5 pets biting the mob off and 5 guys shooting them.. i guess still could play with that.. even better.. you can call all your pets out on 5x accounts.. like a raid on a mob.. lol..

well.. thanks for the replies =) i've decided to renew all my 5 accounts... and go ahead with my mbox comeback ~ i'm seeing a friendly community here and i guess that itself, is better than playing 5 accounts in wow alone.. i found 2x old accounts i lost last time.. now i have 7.. haha !

im playing in nesingwary pve.. not sure if anyone's there.. but would like to join a mboxing guild on other realms.. might switch over totally ~ nothing beats mboxing with the community ~
    Last edited by Khatovar : 08-05-2014 at 07:13 AM