Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: lvling up?

Default lvling up?

Hey guys, thinking about playing D3 a bit since I have very little time to play anything these days, and I can play in my spare time, for free.

What's the best way to start lvling up these days? I have 4 WD at lvl 53, and I played for an hour or so. I can do the hardest modes with my gear I guess, but its a bit slow being careful not to die too much.

Is there a faster way? I dont have RoS yet.. is it worth getting? the adventure mode? is that good for lvl 1-60? 60-70?

-Dan

If you have a level 60 sitting around, boosting is far faster, generally. And ROS bounties can be quite useful for that; though they've nerfed several of the really good ones I believe.

Regarding straight leveling? It's all about the same, really; doing the highest difficultly level that lets you complete quests at a rapid clip. Whether in ROS or not, this is sort of six of one and a half dozen of another. Probably nothing will ever beat act 2 "A Royal Audience" since it doesn't contain elites, so you can crank the difficulty way up. When I came back I didn't have a level 60; so just bought ROS and alternated A royal audience with playing through the entire campaign normally (when I got sick of repeating A Royal Audience). I believe I hit 70 somewhere in the ROS act.

You have to complete the entire campaign before adventure mode unlocks, IIRC.
    Last edited by Ishar : 07-23-2014 at 01:31 AM

I have 4 lvl 55 WD from years ago when I started playing. Can i boost with a lvl 55? or should I just play the campaign until I get adventure mode? what does that mode do for you?

Can you explain how to boost in D3? i have never tried. Can I just run my main lvl 55+ in something and drag my follower around? or can I leave them at an entrance or something?

Are the FOTM Crusader / Monk or all Crusaders finished? Do people still use them?

-Dan

Generally just run around with the high level with the difficulty turned up. Depending on the level disparity it can be pretty crazy. Be prepared to have the asks did occasionally though. Some bounties in ROS allowed you to leave the asks at the waypoint. That should still work more or less but I recall they tweaked specific bounties to be less efficient.

Monks carry so much utility that I'm sure they will continue to fit into almost any team nicely. Otherwise I'm not sure honestly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ishar : 07-23-2014 at 05:33 AM

Sorry, what is a bounty? and.. how do you find them?

edit: are those quests?

edit2: OK, so do I start the party with my main (60) or with an alt (1)? I thought lvl 60 mobs would be too high for the 1s to get exp or something...
    Last edited by Mokoi : 07-23-2014 at 06:24 AM

You start it with the level 1 and then o invite the level 60. The level 60 will then chew through the mobs like butter even if they are torment 5. The alts will get exp the other way around to but the idea is rapid wholesale slaughter.

Bounties are randomly generated five per act when you start an adventure game. They are basically quests, but generally are like kill an elite or clear a cave or whatever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I talked to Void last night who I used to play with a lot. I did the invite and run around killing everything
    my alts did get great exp (3 crusaders) however they died a million times... every time a mob came close they would pwn them.. -__- lol

I have a few questions, im hoping someon can answer.

1. Can you upgrade legendaries? I kn ow you can switch stats, similar to WoW, but I thought you could actually improve them. Does this include the items you may get at lower levels? Should I save a nice legendary I get from lvl 50-60 because I can upgrade them later?

2. Is there a way to identify and sort legendaries for a novice, or an addon which can gearscore? I have no idea what legendaries are useful and not.

3. Is there any way to craft 4 items on one character and give them to alts?

4. When does 2.1 come out and what should I do untiul then to prepare?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    I have a few questions, im hoping someon can answer.

1. Can you upgrade legendaries? I kn ow you can switch stats, similar to WoW, but I thought you could actually improve them. Does this include the items you may get at lower levels? Should I save a nice legendary I get from lvl 50-60 because I can upgrade them later?

2. Is there a way to identify and sort legendaries for a novice, or an addon which can gearscore? I have no idea what legendaries are useful and not.

3. Is there any way to craft 4 items on one character and give them to alts?

4. When does 2.1 come out and what should I do untiul then to prepare?
    1. No, you cant. You can reroll 1 stat only. Not worth keeping anything below lvl70. At 70 u will find much better gear.

2. No, but there are third party tools out there than can do that, but not the kind of topic this forum likes. Still, not really needed. Just ask around, join communities, forums, etc. and eventually u will get the idea of what's useful and what not. When doubt, stash it.

3. Yes, just place it in your stash. The stash is shared between all your chars in your account. Can't trade crafted items between accounts tho.

4. Prolly in a few weeks. I wouldn't worry much about it. Get 70 and start working on a particular class/build u like. Just make sure the class/build u are picking is not getting nerfed to the ground in 2.1.

Thanks for the answers.

For now, I have 4 WD at 70 ( they were almost there anyway) and a Monk / 3 Crusader team at 70 that I Plvld up this week.

I hear that momks are getting nerfed as you said in a different thread, but im hoping not into the ground, and still useful? if not i have a 4th Crusader, just not 70 yet.

How can I add people as friends, is there a non-battletag way? I dont want people to post their Battletag IDs here I suppose, but id love to chat more with people in game.

-Dan