Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 14 of 14

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Now that I've got some free time and Blizzard has finally begun their balance/tuning passes on the numbers, I'm going to try and revisit the WoD beta over the next week to see if I can get some useful/interesting footage of normal/heroic instances, and hopefully I can get something recorded and uploaded.

I know some of you are interested how well pets can tank, and I'll see if I can get some of that done as well.
    Oh yes I would love to know how the pets cope now TY!

I'm having a difficult time believing that Blizzard is expecting people to go from normal dungeons into LFR unless LFR is getting a big boost in difficulty. I'll be honest, I've never stepped foot into an LFR in either Cata or MoP, but from everything I've heard it's absolute faceroll and most of the time the mechanics can practically be ignored or are completely removed from the boss. However, this doesn't seem to be the case even in these normal dungeons in beta.

Right now I'd like to blame the level of difficulty on the fact that they give me starter gear, boost me to 100, and then start scaling things according to the instance, but at the moment I'm using a Prot Paladin / Destro Warlock / Shadow Priest / Arcane Mage / Holy Paladin and my setup is pretty inefficient because I've still got a handful of things to add to it... but this shit is rough. >_>

If I had been able to multibox any other beta test prior then I'd be able to give a comparison for how it feels, but unfortunately I can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    Oh yes I would love to know how the pets cope now TY!
    I actually thought about this today and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get the team there w/o the dungeon finder since I won't meet the requirements. Unless I can fake out the system by joining with the correct roles and then swapping out characters, I'm going to have to do all the beginning story quests and I'm not really looking forward to doing that at the moment.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I'm having a difficult time believing that Blizzard is expecting people to go from normal dungeons into LFR unless LFR is getting a big boost in difficulty. I'll be honest, I've never stepped foot into an LFR in either Cata or MoP, but from everything I've heard it's absolute faceroll and most of the time the mechanics can practically be ignored or are completely removed from the boss. However, this doesn't seem to be the case even in these normal dungeons in beta.

Right now I'd like to blame the level of difficulty on the fact that they give me starter gear, boost me to 100, and then start scaling things according to the instance, but at the moment I'm using a Prot Paladin / Destro Warlock / Shadow Priest / Arcane Mage / Holy Paladin and my setup is pretty inefficient because I've still got a handful of things to add to it... but this shit is rough. >_>

If I had been able to multibox any other beta test prior then I'd be able to give a comparison for how it feels, but unfortunately I can't do that.

I actually thought about this today and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get the team there w/o the dungeon finder since I won't meet the requirements. Unless I can fake out the system by joining with the correct roles and then swapping out characters, I'm going to have to do all the beginning story quests and I'm not really looking forward to doing that at the moment.
    Maybe let the lock pet tank a few mobs?

Preach put a LFR movie up here:

Sorry, I dropped the ball on this one for the time being because I've been busy, but I would really like to get some actual progress done in an instance sometime before... you know... the release date. The dungeons are likely going to be more of a challenge than people are used to until we're just able to ignore certain mechanics through gear, but Watcher had this to say earlier today:

Finally, it's also worth noting that in beta, we're scaling players down to pretty much the lowest possible level and item level at which you could be running a given dungeon. Nearly all groups in the live game will be better-equipped, but we need to make sure the content is viable at the minimum threshold.
    Reading that made me feel a lot better about the few attempts I've had at these so far because some encounters are just straight up kicking my ass and I feel so under geared. >_>
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology