Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Warlords of Draenor (Beta) Multiboxing!

I acquired five WoD beta keys yesterday and felt I should probably take a stab at some multiboxing... So, I did.

This is only a video of trash packs in two different instances: Auchindoun and Bloodmaul Slag Mines. No, there are no bosses.

Warlords of Draenor Beta Build 18566

Things to know:

1) I had began playing beta classes only a few hours beforehand.
    2) I knew nothing of these instances upon entering them -- Lots of mistakes are being made.
    3) These are normal versions of the instances, not heroic.
    4) I am wearing PvP gear because that is all that's available to level 100 characters in this build.
    5) My level, gear, and stats are all being scaled down to put me on par with the two instances.

I have many more things to play around with, but my initial thoughts is that this is pretty rough in its current state.

What are those "bullet/spear" looking projectiles? new lava burst?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    What are those "bullet/spear" looking projectiles? new lava burst?
    They are part of the Elemental Shaman, but I honestly wish I had a better answer as to where exactly they come from, and while I don't know, I've been meaning to see if it's a talent or mastery or a spell that gets fired off during the rotation which triggers it. I just kinda threw things together yesterday because I knew I had some time to invest on setting up the UI and ISBoxer to accommodate for everything, and a lot of things just got overlooked in the process. That's why I have two Shaman in there because I didn't want to figure out another class's rotation and since I sorta had something working for the one Shaman I just decided to throw another in there, but people are informing me that Elemental Shaman aren't doing a whole lot of damage at the moment (at least in PvE).

I fired up my shaman team and i am disappointed with the dps as well ( i am hoping they are better in WoD ) But my lesser geared mage is doing 2x the dps on target dummies..im thinking about going with 3 mages ( paly tank and priest healer ) this time around. Ill keep an eye on what y'all lucky bastards come up with during beta. I dont mind if the class i chose is not the "best" dps.. just want them to compete. And right now arcane mage is crazy dps and very easy.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

mysterious earthen lava rocks are from

I cannot get used to healing in beta, its so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    mysterious earthen lava rocks are from
    <picture with Mastery tooltip explaining where the magical earthen lava rocks come from>
    Well, there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    I cannot get used to healing in beta, its so annoying.
    I must agree it's incredibly awkward, and it's the main reason why I look retarded in the above video while killing trash. I was so super-focused on keeping people alive that I had a hard time doing anything else. I was constantly wiping on trash (you even see me use Lay on Hands on myself in the video -- Which definitely wasn't the first time I had done that) and I never had a chance at killing a boss; but I'll be honest, the setup in the video was put together quickly and could use a lot more work (and I could use a lot more practice (and maybe some PvE gear)).

I get the impression that WoD content is tougher than MoP content, but that may be because I was so late into the MoP cycle when I started playing again. (ie Timeless gear was the first thing I did at 90)

I am very curious how multiboxing on some of the bosses will go, as from the few vids I've watched there are some interesting and possibly complex mechanics.

Whilst a little awkward this is a good job for only being a few hours in and going blind as far as mechanics go.

I'm keen to see more, if and when you have a chance.
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Its look like every trashpack is like a boss with adds
    as a pve boxer it would be very nice if the WoD dungeons get more difficult than MoP.

Im looking forward to see more videos like that

Now that I've got some free time and Blizzard has finally begun their balance/tuning passes on the numbers, I'm going to try and revisit the WoD beta over the next week to see if I can get some useful/interesting footage of normal/heroic instances, and hopefully I can get something recorded and uploaded.

I know some of you are interested how well pets can tank, and I'll see if I can get some of that done as well.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology