Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 10 boxing build

Default 10 boxing build

Hello guys

I'm back after a loooooooooong break. I had a ten boxing team back a few months ago. Let it go because I started playing LoL. (I got diamond and am now bored of the game). So I'm in my final year of college only going to take like 13 credit hours (need like 20ish to get the degree). So I'll have some time. Now problem is this, my desktop is too big for this room Im living in next year. So I wanted to take a crack at those mini tower things.

Here is the build on PCparkpicker. It comes in at about 1880. But what do you guys think? I'd like to raid so I want to know how this can handle against raiding and large PVP.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Mr6pzy

It only has 16g, but I have another 16g with me that I will put into it for a grand total of 32g.

Thanks guys!

First, you're cutting it pretty close with only a 550W PSU because EVGA recommends at least a 600W PSU (system wide) with that GPU.

Second, if you ever expect to add a second GPU in the future you had better have good cooling because you're going to be dumping a lot of hot air back into that small case. To be fair, it may not be a real issue at all, but the case looks to only come with one fan (with the option to add more) and if you can't exhaust the heat it's just going to end up throttling your GPUs because they'll be too hot.

I mention the second GPU because it's impossible to know what someone's expectations are when they're multiboxing, and running 10 clients in MoP (or even WoD soon enough) is likely going to require you to drop your settings pretty low to keep a higher framerate. However, I don't 10-box, so I don't have any information that I can give.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxel View Post
    It only has 16g, but I have another 16g with me that I will put into it for a grand total of 32g.
    If it's not the same exact DIMM modules then you may have a difficult time getting the two to play nice. Manufacturers always recommend that you buy matched sets of RAM so that you know they've been tested together and they work. Here are my thoughts from another thread on piecing together RAM kits:

To add to that (for anyone else who reads this), I'm going to assume that the more kits you "piece together" to make the capacity you want, the more likely you're going to run into issues. So...

Buying 1x64GB kit should lead to no issues with the memory being matched up because it's tested together all at once
    Buying 2x32GB kits shouldn't lead to any issues, but might because it wasn't tested together
    Buying 4x16GB kits may lead to issues because the kits weren't tested together (again)
    Buying 8x8GB kits is kind of retarded and will probably have the highest chance to have problems