Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 61

Default Ebony's BACK boxing Warlords Of Draenor beta!

Ok so i did this in MOP and well it was kinda cool to share stuff i find in beta boxing it as well ofc!!!! cus who wants to play wow single Player.... NOT ME! Anyway am going to try and give as much info as i can about beta in this post. i hope its all helpful to anyone that's not sure if to buy it.

If anyone wants me to check something ask me anything then feel free to post here and ill have a lot and check it out for you.

Random Info

So am not really sure what am going to level in the xpac, and am hoping this is going to help me out for now I have picked 3 pally's (only got 3 betas)

So 1st post what to say.... Well wow is still wow so far doing the 1st chain quest and getting to level 91 seems really easy. a lot of phasing though and cutseens. but no quest really was "floor pickup" all the quest seem to flow and are group wide. or you can go for the loot the monster then the items on the floor the only quest i did see that was a pick-up quest.

/follow ITW and click to move all work like it does on live.

The "/castsequence SpellName 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0" etc to add a timer into spells has been fixed in 6.0!

Garrison's

Opening the garrison was not great (for boxing) a lot of solo player work. There is a menu that show you the leaders garrison t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶(̶b̶e̶t̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶?̶)̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶
    w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶6̶0̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶"̶"̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶d̶"̶"̶. Or though it will port you out the zone and you need to go back in. There is a garrison Heath stone on a 3̶0̶m̶ 20m cool down.

B̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶"̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶"̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶/̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶
    o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶N̶P̶C̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶
    p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶p̶c̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶e̶t̶c̶.̶ T̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶l̶k̶/̶r̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶i̶t̶ ̶
    o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶.̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶.̶ They have got a Lot smaller where the phasing tech would kick in/out

You can not use friends npc's or garrison buildings. You can not Use/pickup/share the daily quests offered at the EG: Inn Something to think about if you did not want the same buildings.

UI

Role Checks.

You now have to be your spec to play that role! f̶o̶r̶ ̶L̶F̶G̶/̶B̶G̶/̶a̶r̶a̶n̶a̶.̶T̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶v̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶/̶h̶e̶a̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶p̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶.̶

I̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶U̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶p̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶S̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶,̶

I tried making a video but wow keep crashing with the software. and long ques!You can now change spec when inside the dungeons a long as you have spec.

Other stuff

Quests.

It seems a lot of quests do not work or old quests and only works for the quests you pickup in and zone (there automated quests auto pickup auto hand in) works for dungeon quests use the same system. saying that the main quests don't seem to have a lot of pickup quests as far as i can tell from what i leveled.

THIS SYSTEM NOLONGER WORKS ON QUESTS. as of build:18850 not sure what build it was changed in

Ashran

having lots of fun there.

follow works for now but there "thinking" about removing it or though the zone is classed as a bg and mass res and the soul trader pet does not work in the zone as it is a BG it says.

Ashran has been updated a lot over the weeks.

remember this is beta and numbers can change.

This is just so cool its unreal when you have a dead toon and need to get it back to the party (saying you got looted)

h̶t̶t̶p̶:̶/̶/̶w̶o̶d̶.̶w̶o̶w̶h̶e̶a̶d̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶i̶t̶e̶m̶=̶1̶1̶8̶0̶6̶5̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶k̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶
    B̶o̶s̶s̶/̶5̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶e̶s̶t̶s̶/̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶
    t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶.̶

You get a box from killing the leaders boss (has a random gear item in it)

3̶0̶0̶c̶o̶n̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶
    2̶5̶0̶ ̶h̶o̶n̶o̶r̶ ̶
    4̶0̶ ̶g̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶k̶e̶n̶s̶
    and a random item.
    You now get conquest/honor without the box (as you could stock pipe them)

There is loads of quests like this round though i think the honor is a little bugged? 4!
    There one time quests

and follow still works here! still working Build 18888 removed BUILD AFTER!
    Last edited by ebony : 09-18-2014 at 08:16 PM

FAQ:
    Q: Dps/macro-ability of classes(when they allow addons)
    A: Macro's do work in beta and so far can not see any changes. A lot of clasess had a lot of stuff removed that makes them a lot easyer to macro

Q: Are horde and alliance together for any of the beginning quests?(Pvp realm)
    A: So far i have not seen a horde.

Q: How long it takes to hit 92 from dungeons only and can you then proceed to the next zone
    A: Atm you have to do the chain quests to get to the new zones make your Garrison.

Q: Any requirements to be able to que for dungeons( find the dungeon or require starting quests to be done - I feel like this might be added later)

Y̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶g̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶e̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶.̶
    (̶(̶b̶e̶t̶a̶)̶)̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶g̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶N̶P̶C̶S̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶s̶ ̶(̶t̶e̶m̶p̶)̶

Q: Are there herb/mining nodes in the new instances?
    A: Not been there

Q: any info you can find about boe epics from raid trash
    A: No raids (temp)

Q: I remember something about daily challenge mode quests that have a chance to give better loot than 5 man heroics ( I think this was from back at blizcon so might be scrapped)
    A: Not added yet

Q: Obviously any quality of life changes?
    A: I will list them at some point. of the top off my head Look at the quest Screenshot i posted pick-up quests working in a group.
    Last edited by ebony : 08-16-2014 at 03:08 PM

Most things I can think to ask are more relevant to just before launch but I'll ask now to be kept in mind.
    -dps/macro-ability of classes(when they allow addons)
    -are horde and alliance together for any of the beginning quests?(Pvp realms)
    -how long it takes to hit 92 from dungeons only and can you then proceed to the next zone?
    -any requirements to be able to que for dungeons( find the dungeon or require starting quests to be done - I feel like this might be added later)
    -are there herb/mining nodes in the new instances?
    -any info you can find about boe epics from raid trash
    -I remember something about daily challenge mode quests that have a chance to give better loot than 5 man heroics ( I think this was from back at blizcon so might be scrapped)
    -obviously any quality of life changes
    -fi will probably watch any video content if you make some so please link it if you had anything like that in mind
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by tundra622 View Post
    Most things I can think to ask are more relevant to just before launch but I'll ask now to be kept in mind.
    -dps/macro-ability of classes(when they allow addons)
    -are horde and alliance together for any of the beginning quests?(Pvp realms)
    -how long it takes to hit 92 from dungeons only and can you then proceed to the next zone?
    -any requirements to be able to que for dungeons( find the dungeon or require starting quests to be done - I feel like this might be added later)
    -are there herb/mining nodes in the new instances?
    -any info you can find about boe epics from raid trash
    -I remember something about daily challenge mode quests that have a chance to give better loot than 5 man heroics ( I think this was from back at blizcon so might be scrapped)
    -obviously any quality of life changes
    -fi will probably watch any video content if you make some so please link it if you had anything like that in mind
    Thanks!!
    added your Q's to the FAQ!

Oooh, lookit that, I made Ebony all sticky and covered her with stars.

Added this thread to the forums stickies so people can easily find it along with the standard WoD thread.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Are collection quests group friendly?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    Are collection quests group friendly?
    the few that i seen so far are. The others are Mob drops on all chars.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post

Yes there is a big change you need to be in the using the spec you want to play as before u can pick that as a role to que for, even in a pemade group.
    so I cant switch spec inside the dungeon? no more 4 ele tank?

can you stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruschpakx4 View Post
    so I cant switch spec inside the dungeon? no more 4 ele tank?

can you stream?
    As far as i can tell as i olny got 3 you need to be in the spec before u can click on the tank/dps/healer. You can nolonger change your role as well from the player box its autos to your spec. (in groups)

I have been doing a little bit of stream if you want to pop in irc (chat) and talk to me there i can do some for you.

I really hate that design philosophy why can't I just do dungeons how I want them to do, I dont need healer/tank shit ... what do they think what hybrids are for ...

probably going to questing then because its gonna be way too slow to farm dungeons that way then