Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: UI AddOns

Default UI AddOns

Addons are great at saving us time helping us focus on boxing our toons.

One of MiRai's threads has influenced me to do alot of addon research. Here is a list of some of the addons that I prefer to use. Its not a complete list. I'm not active but I have been writing down on scrap paper and thinking of what addons I would use if i resubbed.

I listed the name of the addon. A short description and a link to where you can download the latest version. A picture is worth a thousand words. A small number of them have YouTube videos as well.

Most of us dread having to redo your addons because its so tedious and complicated. help is out there. Luxlunae has a great writeup on Addon Management, and he has a script to copy settings from one account to another. MiRai shows us his trick to configure Multiple UI's here. It uses mouse repeater to do this so understanding resolution and cursor sync is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Anyone who has the urge to configure a WoW UI can do so on trial accounts. Of course, you'll need either one active account, a friend, or a kind stranger to invite your characters into a full party so that you can configure party/raid frames. This is what I did over the period of like a month when I had free time in between other things so that I would practically be ready to go when I actually reactivated my accounts.
    Convenience
    Jamba - big suite, my favorate: jambastrobe to help prevent follow breaks, esp in air or water YouTube
    GTFO - warns you if your steppin in fire, its possible to get a second or two advanced warning. To hear slaves audio check off "sound in the backround" located in Options/Sounds . YouTube
    Range Display - digital range display. Stop at 20 range from your target and the slaves following 10 range behind you will be in most range envelopes. stop, assist, nuke, follow. rinse wash & repeat as desired. YouTube
    Smart Buff - semi auto buff casting. I attach this macro to my follow key and never have to worry about buffage. YouTube
    Cant Heal You - healer sends tell to target that is too far away to heal
    Camera Plus - GUI helps unlock default camera max zoom out limit without slash commands YouTube
    TrufiGCD - See visually outgoing casts next to player frames. uses: troubleshooting and DPS tweaking Youtube
    CinematicCanceler - Blows past cut scenes you've allready seen

Inventory Management
    hotloot - streamline the looting process YouTube
    hotloot notify - alert and notify the user when specific items are looted.
    hotloot history - track items you loot and you can search through and filter them.
    Combuctor - one bag, filterable using tabs YouTube
    combuctor mining - filters bag to show only stones, ores, bars etc..
    combuctor tailoring - shows only tailoring based Materials, Crafted Armor, Bags, Recipes
    combuctor scrap - adds scrap catagory bag filter, scrap icons glow
    combuctor skinning - adds skinning bag filter to show leather mats, products and tools.
    combuctor jewelcrafting - addons jewelcrafting filter to bags showing jewelcrafting mats, products and tools.
    combuctor glyph - simple glyph tab
    combuctor bindtwoaccount - allowing easy look up of items that bind to your Battle.net account
    Genie - automatic bags sorter YouTube
    PassLoot - auto loot rolling based on advanced set of variables YouTube
    oMail - helps offload bags. mails off items to designated toons. cloth to tailoring alts, ore to blacksmithing etc...

Progression & Leveling
    Pawn - calculates scores for items to help you easily find upgrades for your gear
    Pawn Auction - helps you find better gear in the auction house (Hpac had a post looking for this)
    autoprofit - sell greys and gear you cant wear
    xp2level - provides details about your leveling progress
    tabardmaster - switches gear based on role
    lose control - lets you know if a party member is feared
    Team Equip Compare - helps decide with gear drops shows groups gear for slot

Performance Enhancers
    weak auras - buff, debuff, cooldown tracker supports group tracking YouTube 1 2 3 4

PvP
    healershavetodie - adds a red cross over enemy healer's name plates, useful in mob packs in PvE to find the healers and burn them down YouTube

Professions & Farming
    NPCscan - tracks seldom-seen rare mobs by proximity alone, making the old “/targetexact …” macros obsolete
    NPCScan overlay - adds mob pathing/territory info to map YouTube
    NPCScan autoadd - adds features to NPCscan YouTube
    Last edited by JackBurton : 12-02-2014 at 04:11 PM Reason: Formatting
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    is there anywhere a list of the WoW addons you use?
    MiRai's addons (compiled from his screenshot)
    Align - throws up grid on your screen to move ui elements "just right"
    Auctionator - duh
    autorole - AutoRole sets your role based on your current specialization automatically
    Badboy - Spam blocker and reporter
    cError - Blocks all red error spam messages from the middle of your screen, such as "You are too far away!".
    chatsounds - guild and party messages make a sound.
    clique - click-casting and hover-casting on your unit frames and in the 3D game world.
    crosshairs - Adds an animated crosshair to your target's nameplate for better visibility.
    dominos - replaces buttons and parts of UI YouTube
    drash questcompletesound - play a sound and display quest's name when you finish a quest.
    ferous media - UI art like button fascade
    friend color - colors your friend list based on raid colors
    higher hotkey - raises the hotkey text above cooldowns, flashing borders and other stuff like OmniCC
    leatrix plus - expert ui suite
    mapster - map enhancement
    masque - Art, UI reskin
    move anything - enables you to move, scale, hide and adjust transparency of just about any screen element
    oglow - oGlow will light up your items, by adding a quality border to them
    omnicc - cooldown indicator action & inventory
    opie - radial action-binding addon YouTube
    parrot - combatlog,offers a Trigger-system to display Text and play sounds on certain predefined events
    prat - chat logs
    pvpsound - plays Unreal Tournament 3 sound effects on killing blows and specific Battleground events
    qusemap - lua hackable square map
    safequeue - Battlegrounds que helper
    saysapped - instantly say "Sapped" to alert those around you whenever a rogue saps you.
    scrap - Scrap sells all your junk when you visit a merchant.
    sharedmedia - art library for addons fonts etc..
    skada - damage meter YouTube
    smarttargeting - automatically swaps your key bindings for "target nearest enemy" and "target nearest enemy player"
    addonmanager - helps you keep track of your addons and provides easy ways to access them
    tidyplates renaitre - enhances World of Warcraft's floating health bars - commonly known as 'nameplates' YouTube
    tiptac - tooltip enchancement
    tullarange - action buttons change color when out of range, power, resource etc...
    xloot - Replaces the Loot Frame, adding more information and behavior/appearance options
    xlootgroup - Group frames display current roll choices, the rolled numbers, and the winner.
    yclassclors - colorize player names by their class in friend list, who list, guild list, etc..
    zonedefense - world pvp alarm convenience
    _corpse - tells you the faction, online status, and other information about corpses you see.
    _cursor - customizable cursor trails to your UI
    auraframes - displays buff debuffs custom able ordering, coloring and animation
    aurora - restyles the default Blizzard interface to a clean, minimalistic theme
    badboy cccleaner - Removes chat lines that contain certain words, add your own filters
    badboy guilded - Remove guild adverts from whispers/General/Trade/LFG
    bagnon facade - reskin your Bagnon windows with any ButtonFacade skin.
    bagnon scrap - Makes all your Scrap to glow in your Bagnon panels
    bgspy - enemy team talent specialization reader and reporter
    guildicons - ?
    inflight - flight timer mod
    kgpanels - Create panels for customizing your UI[
    merchantfilterbuttons - Replaces the "two click" merchant filter drop down menu with "one click" buttons
    norealm - removes the realm from cross-realm player names in the chat.
    ouf - unit frames foundation
    ouf_experiance - element plug-in made for the UnitFrame framework oUF
    ouf fail - changes the orientation of the power bar to the top of the frame. (small arrow)
    ouf_reputation - element plug-in made for the UnitFrame framework oUF
    guildbanksearch - adds a filter to your guild bank window to easily find things in cluttered tabs
    postal - enhanced mailbox support
    skadacc - track Crowd Control spells cast by and on your group
    sldatatext - some kind of data text
    spell alert - audible warning for enemy spell casting.
    Fontain - font stuffs
    Ferous Media - A collection of textures
    BubbleBobble - chat bubble replacement
    aura frames - Aura Frames allows you to display any kind of buff or debuff on any given unit with highly customizable filtering, ordering, coloring and animation functionality.
    confirmleaveparty -
    I wrote it after one too many experiences with being instantly teleported out of a random dungeon after misclicking on Leave Party.
    merchant filter buttons -
    Replaces the "two click" merchant filter drop down menu with "one click" buttons.

InterruptAlert is a custom add-on that was created for me by someone else which alerts me if my target is casting a spell.
    I substituted spell alert for your custom interrupt alert addon
    Last edited by JackBurton : 07-14-2014 at 09:55 PM Reason: Formating
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Okay...

1) I've moved your posts from the 1.5 year old thread and into its own.

2) This thread could use a bit of context because long lists of add-ons don't really mean a lot on their own.

EDIT: You've since updated your post.
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-07-2014 at 02:27 AM

> healershavetodie - adds a red cross over enemy healer's name plates

This is not strictly a PvP addon. It's also useful in mob packs in PvE to find the healers and burn them down.
    Last edited by MiRai : 07-07-2014 at 12:30 PM Reason: Formatting

Blog Entries

JB, if you're bored and thinking about multiboxing but not enough to pay wow subs you can always try rift!

The addons are much less awesome, though

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    JB, if you're bored and thinking about multiboxing but not enough to pay wow subs you can always try rift!

Im considering something.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post

I spend more on Rift store purchases than I ever did on WoW monthly subs. I haven't quite found that free game everyone has been mentioning.

Blog Entries

Where is money best spent? (on rift). I'm having enough fun I might be willing to sink 50-100 into it.

Anyone who has the urge to configure a WoW UI can do so on trial accounts. Of course, you'll need either one active account, a friend, or a kind stranger to invite your characters into a full party so that you can configure party/raid frames. This is what I did over the period of like a month when I had free time in between other things so that I would practically be ready to go when I actually reactivated my accounts.

Been digging in the forums.
    11-21-2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattanka View Post
    Hello, In another thread (http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3...-who-gets-loot) it was discussed that Zolotips no longer worked in MoP. I decided to take it upon myself to get a workable solution that improved on the original idea. I have created an Addon called "Team Equip Compare" that adds lines to the tooltip for each member of your team.
    weak auras - buff, debuff, cooldown tracker supports group tracking YouTube1 2 3 4
    Is weak aura's the new defacto group cooldown tracker? I heard about the Hermes addon but that was in a much older thread.
    11-19-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Alge View Post
    Hermes This new addon has a lot of potential for solving the long-standing problem of tracking cooldowns on slaves.