Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Glyph problems

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    i cant find the riftpatchlive file anymore...
    On my pc it's:

Windows (C) - program files (x86) - Rift

Right click the inner space icon in the tray and select add game.. drag the riftpatchlive into the box and name it something like Thisrift.

I couldn't get it working with Glyph so got rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    On my pc it's:

Windows (C) - program files (x86) - Rift

Right click the inner space icon in the tray and select add game.. drag the riftpatchlive into the box and name it something like Thisrift.

I couldn't get it working with Glyph so got rid of it.
    New installs no longer come with riftpatchlive.exe. I imagine they're going to phase it out completely just like Blizzard did with the WoW launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    New installs no longer come with riftpatchlive.exe. I imagine they're going to phase it out completely just like Blizzard did with the WoW launcher.
    I couldn't get my mages to launch at all using Glyph.. it just did nothing.. I added the glyph shortcut to Inner Space.

I didn't do anything special. Just run ISBoxer like normal and it launched Glyph for all characters and I hit the PLAY button to start playing. The only thing is that Glyph has "sticky" login, so it remembers the last account and auto-log in. So when IS launches a Glyph, the first thing I do is logout and enter the proper account credentials before I hit PLAY.

It works. But it's cumbersome. It seems like adding the Glyph config file as a virtual file is the way to go.
    Team 1: 7x60p80 Clerics + 3x60p60 Mages (Legio IX)
    Team 2: 5x60 Clerics + 5x60 Rogues
    Team 3: 10x60 Warriors

Think I will leave it as it for now until the next isboxer update.. Rift patched fine today, so at least for the moment I'm not forced into using Glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Smedbox View Post
    The only thing is that Glyph has "sticky" login, so it remembers the last account and auto-log in. So when IS launches a Glyph, the first thing I do is logout and enter the proper account credentials before I hit PLAY.

It works. But it's cumbersome. It seems like adding the Glyph config file as a virtual file is the way to go.
    So, why don't you add it?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    So, why don't you add it?
    I'm currently traveling a lot and haven't had time to bother yet.

I noticed that Glyph has now added options to automatically close the launcher after the game starts, and to disable/enable auto-login. So now Glyph should behave just like the old launcher, if you set up virtual files. I guess it could be even better than before, since you can now skip the login stage so all your characters can get into the game .

Alright, I got some time to set up another virtual file in IsBoxer. It works fine (especially with the "exit Glyph when launching" setting), but the "remember login" setting in Glyph doesn't work. Glyph checks with the server what the last login was from a computer and it won't match, so it will always show the Login window anyway.

I also had an issue with updating IsBoxer on one of my machines so it took a little while to get it updated. When I finally got it updated the virtual file feature didn't work on that computer because it lost the "multiple computer" setting and didn't get the new broadcasted IS settings.

Anyway, with GlyphClient.cfg added as virtual file everything now works pretty much exactly like it did before Glyph got released. The only difference is that the launcher window has a new Window Class name and the Login and Play button is at a new location (this may not matter to anyone else but me).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smedbox View Post
    the Login and Play button is at a new location (this may not matter to anyone else but me).
    I imagine it will matter to anyone that does a mouse recording to click those two buttons. Which I keep bothering to get around to. Although I use my keyboard recorder to do the password it is very tedious x5, especially since you can't just leave the boxes open like you can with wow.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I imagine it will matter to anyone that does a mouse recording to click those two buttons. Which I keep bothering to get around to. Although I use my keyboard recorder to do the password it is very tedious x5, especially since you can't just leave the boxes open like you can with wow.
    My file that deals with the positions of the two buttons are on Dropbox, so after setting it once it gets replicated to all my computers automatically. Saves some hassle.